What She Keeps From Him

Me And The Girl Next Door

She opened the door of the hotel, and saw him sitting at the edge of the bed. Tonight, she's going to end everything between them, that is, if he will agree with him. She took a deep breath, gathering up all her courage as she walked towards him. 

 

"Good you're here." he said as he stood up. He walked up to her, and then began to kiss her neck. She turned away from him, making him confused and angry. "We had an agreement." he told her. "I want to break that agreement." she said firmly. He let out a smirk. "Do you think I can do that easily?" he asked her. 

 

He furrowed his brow as he grabbed her chin. "You are mine." he told her. A tear fell from down from her eye as she looked at him with fear in her eyes. "Please... just let me go." she begged. "I'm not done playing with you yet. Didn't you want this in the first place?" he said. 

 

There was nothing she could do but sob. "Why? Is that  high school kid better than me in bed?" he asked. "Nothing happened between us!" 

"Then, why are you breaking up with me? It's because of him, right?" 

"I love him and he loves me."

 

He slapped her cheek. She nursed her cheek, and then faced him again. "He made me feel I am special, and that I can be loved." she told him. He hit her again. "He will never hurt me." she said. He let out a laugh. "Do you really think it's easy to get rid of me, huh? No! I will not let you go. You are mine, and that's final." he said. 

 

He lifted up her face, and kissed her violently on the lips. Then, she threw her small body on the bed.  He took off his shirt, and then lay on top of her. As his lips touched the skin of her body, the only thing she could do is cry. 

 

--

 

Wes stood outside Tia's house. She had not returned from the night before, and he's getting worried. Usually, she would message him if she needs to extend her working hours, but this time, there was no message from her. 

 

"Tia is still isn't home?" he heard someone ask. He looked back, and saw Sylvia walking up to him. "You seem to be worried." she said. "I'm all right. Of course, I'd be worried about her." Wes said. Sylvia just nodded her head as she approached him.  "Are you looking for her?" Wes asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "I want to ask her help..."

"About what? Maybe I can help."

"Zheng, it's a girl thing."

"Why? Haven't I helped you with girly things before?"

"It's awkward."

 

Wes pursed his lips. "If it's that time of the month..." he said. "Zheng! It's not that." Sylvia shouted in embarrassment. "Then tell me. So that if she comes home, and you're not around, I can pass the message." Wes said. Sylvia took a deep breath, then decided to tell him what she needs help for. "I need help in choosing a dress for my date with Sam next week. Diana is on a date with Senior Sean today, so I can't ask her to come over." Sylvia said. 

 

Wes fell silent upon hearing that. "Oh..." he managed to say. Sylvia noticed the change in expression on his face. She then looked closely at her face, which made him conscious. "W-what?" he asked.  Sylvia let out a pout. "You're not jealous, are you?" she asked. Wes swallowed hard as he heard her question. Then, Sylvia let out a laugh.  That was the only time Wes could breath out. 

 

"Why would I be jealous? Besides, you're not the only one with a love life." Wes said. "Don't you think I didn't know? You spend more time with Tia lately. What's the score between the two of you anyway? Is she your girlfriend?" she asked.   Wes let out a sigh. "Maybe..."

"What do you mean by 'maybe', Zheng?"

"I think she's my girlfriend."

"You think?"

 

Wes let out a sigh. "Look, I don't even know how to explain it to you. Let's just say, she's my girlfriend, but we're not in a commitment. Something like in between friends and lovers." he explained. This made Sylvia more confused. "That's complicated, Zheng. It means you have no right to be jealous or be mad to other guys she's with. Most of all, what if in the end you get hurt?" Sylvia said. He let out a smile at him. "I'm going to be fine, Fei Fei. Trust me. It's just a temporary thing because of her work. Besides, I'm used to heartaches, remember?" he explained. 

 

She gave him a worried look. Sylvia took his hand, and held it. "I can't protect you from being hurt in the future. But I promise to be there for you whenever you're sad. If one day, you'll be in hurt, give me half of your pain so that your heart won't be burdened." she told him. She looked up at him, and smiled. He let out a smile as he looked into her eyes. He felt happy knowing that his little sister would still be there for him in the future. "Thank you." he said.  

 

"Well, then help me pass the message to Tia, all right?" she said. As she turned to leave, Wes called her name again. "Fei, the truth is..." he began. Sylvia looked back at him, and waited for him to talk. "Maybe I'm jealous of Sam. Maybe because are you big bro, I'm just used to having you by my side all the time." he admitted. Sylvia smiled at him.  "I'm sorry that you feel that way. But I assure you, you'll never lose me. Promise, I'll make it up to you." she said before going back to her house.

 

--

 

It was night time when Tia arrived at her house.  As she got out of her car, she looked at Wes' house.  The house was dark, and she thought he might be already asleep. "Wes..." she whispered his name.  She let out a sad smile. "I wish I could find a way to fix my messy life for you..." she thought. 

 

Her meeting with Jacob was not fruitful. Still, the man would not let her go. She knew Jacob had never loved her, but only kept her for his ego. After all, he had invested so much for her, moneywise. And being the businessman he is, he wants his money's worth.

 

She went inside her house, and then headed straight to her room. As she took off her clothes, she stared at the bruise on her chest. She remembered how he forced her again the night before, and how he hit her when she said no. 

 

She got inside the bathroom, and put her bare body on the bathtub. She wanted to erase from her body any trace of him. She wanted to be clean after what he did to her. As the cold water hugged her body, she let out a cry. She wanted to get out of this mess she created years ago, but it seems that she couldn't anymore. If only she wasn't greedy for money, power, and fame, it wouldn't turn out this way. 

 

Jacob Huang was the only person who could give what she wanted, on the condition that she will be his kept woman. It was because of him that she had everything she had right now. If it wasn't for Jacob's influence and money, she wouldn't be living in luxury, or even be successful as a model. But despite having the wealth and fame she wanted, she wasn't happy with her relationship with him. 

 

She met him at time when she needed help the most. She was a struggling model at that time, and Jacob was very influential in the modelling world. He had liked her since the first time they met, and she took advantage of that. Being Jacob Huang's kept woman made her become one of the most in demand model in a short span of time, as projects keeps coming in for her. Not only does work keep on pouring for her, Jacob spoiled her as she's his favorite woman. She get to have all the luxury she could never imagine in her lifetime - designer bags and clothes, new car, the latest gadgets. She admit, she lived a good life, and soon her friends envy her lifestyle.

 

Their relationship is purely physical. In return for using her body, he would give her all of her wants and wishes. She was fine with that relationship, after all, she knew Jacob is engaged to another woman. Her purpose in his life is to just give him pleasure, nothing more, nothing less. It was convenient for her as well, since she likes to play around with other men before. There are times she wanted to leave him, because she knew nothing will happen with their relationship. But she's scared of what Jacob will do to her if she tried to. After all, he's a very powerful man. 

 

Then, Wes came into her life. She thought he would be one of her many admirers who only like her for her looks and her body, but he was different. He respected her. He made her feel special. For the first time in her life, she felt she could be loved as well.  With him around her, it gave her the courage to break free from her current situation.

 

She leaned back and close her eyes. She wanted out of this mess. She wanted out for the longest time. She have to find a way to convince Jacob to let her go.

 

--

 

Tia opened the front door, and saw Wes standing outside with a worried look on her face. "Good morning..." he greeted. She let out a smile. She walked up to him, and then hugged him tight.  "I  missed you..." she said in a low voice. "I missed you too. I've been waiting the whole day for you. What happened?" he asked. 

 

She wanted to cry to him. At that moment, she wanted to tell him everything. But, she was scared if Wes found out the truth about her, he will leave her, like what the others did. "Nothing. We had to do more shoots." she said. 

 

She looked up at him, and Wes held her cheeks. He noticed the redness in her eyes. "Have you been crying? Did I do anything that upset you?" he asked worriedly. Tia shook her head. "It's just allergy. Don't worry. How can I be upset with you?" she said. Then, he kissed her on the forehead. "I'm glad you're finally home." he said. 

 

Tia smiled, and then leaned on his chest. She felt safe around Wes, for now. But she knows that the more both of them falls in love, the more she needs to tell her what she keeps from him.