Cookie Day - Unexpected Confession

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sam walked towards the classroom. He let out a smile as he watched the other students give each others cookies. He remembered Sylvia telling him about the cookie day, and how the number of cookies you receive correspond to the feelings of the giver. 

 

"Three cookies means you want to be friends. Five cookies means they want to be best friends. Ten cookies means a love confession." he remembered Sylvia telling him at the rooftop the other day. Sam nodded his head as he listened to her. "Do you always give cookies to everyone during that day?" Sam asked. Sylvia smiled and nodded her head. "I always give three cookies to our classmates, and five cookies to Wayne, Wes and Diana." Sylvia said. "Then, am I going to get three cookies or five cookies?" Sam asked. The girl beside him let out a mysterious smile. "It's a secret!"

 

Sam smiled to himself. He can't wait to know how many cookies he's going to get from Sylvia. Before he could reach the classroom, a girl from another class approached him. "Sam..." she called. He recognized her as Da Yuan, one of the prettiest in school. The girl smiled shyly as he handed him a bag of cookies. "For you..." she said. He reached for the cookie, but then realized she was giving him a lot. "Sam, will you go out on a date with me?" he heard her say. 

 

Sam looked up, and  Sylvia running back to the classroom. She must have seen that confession, and she must have misunderstood. He then turned to the girl to give her answer. "I'm  not interested in you." he said coldly. As he was about to  run after Sylvia, a swarm of girls surrounded him. 

 

He was not able to go back to the classroom because a lot of girls wanted to give him cookies, talk to him, and ask him out on a date. He turned all of them down. By the time he reached the classroom Sylvia was nowhere to be found. "Where could she be?" he thought. Before he could make a move to find Sylvia, another girl approached him. "Sam, can I talk to you?" the girl asked. Sam let out a sigh. "Make it quick." he said in annoyed tone.  The girl then pulled Sam out of the classroom. 

 

--

 

Sam looked sternly at the girl in front of her. "Why don't you speak now? You're wasting my time." he said in an irritated tone. "Sam, will you be my boyfriend?" the girl asked. Sam was getting annoyed. Some girls wanted to date him,and now this girl wants to be his girlfriend. He's tired of explaining to them that he's not interested in them. Before he could speak, he heard someone talk to the girl. "He can't accept you!"

 

Sam looked up, and saw Wes and Wayne walking up to them. He silently thanked the two for coming to his aid. As soon as Wes approached him, he hugged his arm, and leaned his head on his shoulder. "He's my boyfriend now." Wes told the girl. Sam was surprised, but the girl was even more shocked. Wes looked at him, and then whispered at him. "Endure this for a while." he said. Sam nodded his head. Wes smiled sweetly at Sam, and poked his cheek. "Honey, where have you been? I missed you so much." Wes said in a girly tone. 

 

Wayne acted his part as he hugged   arm. "Aiyo, but I thought you said you like me too, Sammy! Why are you choosing him over me?" Wayne said in a girly tone. The two made sweet gestures at Sam, and Wes even kissed Sam on the cheeks. Annoyed with what she was seeing, the girl shouted in frustration and walked away from the three. 

 

As soon as the girl is gone, Wes and Wayne let go of his hand. Sam disgustedly wiped the kiss on his cheek. "Thank you for the help." Sam said. "You're welcome." Wes said. "Do you know where Sylvia is?" Sam asked. Wes nodded his head. "He's probably at your secretly place." Wes said. Sam was about to rush to the rooftop, but Wes and Wayne stopped him. "Wait, before you see her, do you have any cookies to give her?" Wayne asked. Sam looked at him, and shook his head. He thought that didn't matter though. "Let's go to the cafeteria." Wes said as he put his arm around his neck. "At least buy her some cookies, all right? Wes said as they headed to the cafeteria.

 

--

 

Wes, Wayne and Sam looked around the cafeteria, and saw that there were only one piece cookies left for sale. "What to do now, they ran out of cookies." Wes thought. Wayne, on the other hand, was staring at the cookies. "How about we buy five one-piece cookies instead?" Wes suggested. Wayne nodded his head. He took all the cookies on the rack, which left none for Sam. Wes gave him a dirty look. "Wei, that's for Sam!" Wes said. Wayne let out a pout "I realized at least I should give Diana some cookies, right?" Wayne said. 

 

Sam smiled at the two. "It's all right, Wayne can have the cookies." Sam said. He went to the refrigerator, and grabbed a carton of milk. Wes and Wayne's eyes widened with what he did.  Both of them gasped as he took out the milk from the refrigerator. "Does he even know that -" Wayne asked. Wes shrugged his shoulder. 

 

Sam was confused as to why the two were shocked. "If I can't give her cookies, milk should be OK, right? She must be thirsty from eating a lot of cookies." Sam explained. The two slowly nodded their head. Maybe Sam didn't know is that if you gave someone a milk in exchange for 10 cookies, it means that they both like each other, and that they want to be in a relationship. "Tell him! tell him!" Wayne whispered to Wes. Wes chose to ignore him. 

 

After Sam paid for the milk, he turned to the two. "I'll go and look for Sylvia now. Thank you again for your help." Sam said. The moment he left, Wayne began to speak out. "Wes, why didn't you let him know what the milk is for?" Wayne scolded him. Wes let out a sigh. "I want Fei Fei to be happy today." Wes said. Then, he looked at Sam's direction. "But what about you? What if Fei Fei accepted him? Are you ready for Fei Fei to have a boyfriend?" Wayne asked. "I said, as long as Fei's happy, then I can accept anything." he said. then, Wes faced Wayne. "I want my little sister to be happy." 

 

--

 

Wayne went back to the classroom, and saw Diana alone. Just like a while ago, she was still moping. He looked at the cookies on his hand, and let out a sigh. "You're just asking to be best friends with her, not confessing to her." he thought. He took a deep breath, and then walked towards her. 

 

"Diana..."

 

Diana looked up, and saw Wayne handing her some cookies. Diana's face lightened up upon seeing Wayne. She smiled at him sweetly. Then, she stood up, and took  the cookies from his hand. "I thought you forgot!" she told him. Wayne let out a smile at her. "How could I forget you." he said. Then, Diana jumped to him, and gave him a hug. "You stupid guy! I've been waiting for you to give me something today!" she shouted at him. 

 

Wayne stiffened when Diana hugged him. He tried to compose himself from the surprise.Then, he let out a smile and hugged her. He love the feeling of having her in his arms, but the fact remains that for Diana, he will always be just a friend. He will never be that guy that she will fall in love with. He had accepted that fact, but the truth is, it still hurts sometimes. It hurts that the person in front of her is loving her all along, and yet she could not even see him. 

 

"Silly girl..." he said. "I know a lot of guys would be confessing to you today, so I stayed away from you for a while." he said. Diana pulled back, and looked at him. "I didn't let anyone confess to me today, you saw that." she said. Wayne smiled and nodded his head. "I know. Because your heart already belongs to Senior Sean, right?" he said. 

 

Diana broke up their hug, and turned her back on him. "As if he would come to say that he likes me." she said. She took one cookie, and bit on it. Wayne then walked up to her,and put his arm around her. "Why not? If I am Senior Sean, I will like you. You know why?" He said. Diana shook her head. Wayne looked at her and smiled. "Because you're pretty and smart and kind. Your heart is filled so much love to give to everyone. You have the most beautiful smile that can lighten up a room. Most of all, you're the gentlest person I've ever known." He said as he looked into her eyes. "Really?" She asked for reassurance. Wayne nodded his head. "Although you can be barbaric at times and tend to hit me all the time." He added. With that, Diana pinched his arm, and Wayne could only flinch in pain. 

 

 Wayne looked at her face, and touched her cheeks. "I promise you, Diana. I will always be that friend you can turn to. I will always stay by your side through thick and thin. I will never ever leave you." he said. Diana let out a smile as she hugged him again. 

 

"Thank you..." she said. Then, she closed her eyes as she hugged him tight. "Even if you only see me as a friend," she thought. "I'm happy to have you in my life."

 

--

 

Sylvia laid on the old bench, facing the blue sky. As she closed her eyes, she remembered the moment when Da Yuan gave Sam her cookies. "Maybe by now, Sam has accepted Da Yuan. She's pretty, and he's handsome. Of course, they will look good together as a couple." she thought. 

 

As she opened her eyes, the first thing she see is Sam's smiling face, staring at her. She rubbed her eye, to see if she's dreaming or if her eyes are blurry. "I'm really here in front of you, Sylvia." Sam told her. He helped her to sit up from the bench,then he sat beside her. "What are you doing here? Where's Da Yuan?" she asked as she looked away from him. "Why are you looking for Da Yuan?" Sam asked. "I saw her confessing to you..." she said sadly. Sam let out a sigh. "Is that why you ran away from me today? You thought I will accept her confession?" he asked. Sylvia slowly nodded her head. "She's the prettiest girl in school. Of course, you're more suited for her. So figure out, maybe you will accept her confession." she said. 

 

Sam let out a sigh. "I rejected her." Sam said bluntly. Sylvia was surprised at what he said. How could Sam reject the prettiest girl of Dong Han? "I rejected her and all the girls who confessed to me today." he added. Sylvia was confused. "But...but why?" She asked. "I wanted someone to like me for who I am, not because of my looks." he answered. Sylvia nodded in understanding. "I see..." she said. 

 

Sam let out a smile as he faced her, and then opened his hand at her. "Where's my cookies?" Sam asked. Sylvia made a quick glance on the cookie beside her. She's not sure if he should still give the 10-piece cookies to him. Then, she looked at him. "Sam..." she called. She took a deep breath, and gathered up all her courage to confess. Then, she stood up, extended her arms and handed him the cookies. "I... I made these cookies for you. I... I want you to know that I like you." she said in one go. 

 

Sam stared at her. Then, he stood up, and took the cookie from her hand. He let out a smile as he took a piece, and ate it. Sylvia was surprised at what he did. "Did he accept my confession?" she thought. She watched him as he took a bite of the cookie. "Hmmm... this coookie taste great." he commented. Then, he looked at her. "Sylvia, I like you too." 

 

It felt that at that moment, the world stopped spinning. The time time stood still after Sam told her his feelings for her. Then, she smiled at him. From his back, he took the box of milk he has been hiding, and handed it to him. Sylvia was shocked at his gift. "Do...do you want me to be your girlfriend?" she said shyly. She blushed as she looked at the milk. Sam gave him a confused look. "That milk..." she said pointing at it. "If... if someone gave you 10 cookies and then you gave her a milk, then it means you want to be in a relationship.  I explained it to you before, remember?"  Sylvia said. 

 

Sam scratched his head as he blushed. "Oh, I didn't know... that was the 'chance' you were talking about,, huh?" he said. Then he gave her a boyish smile. "I like you, and you like me. I guess we both now where this will lead, right?" he said. Sylvia looked shyly at him. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. Sylvia, she was surprised at his question. She never thought that this day, Sam will ask her to be his girl. "I know it's a bit fast. I'm not really sure how to pursue a girl. But if you say yes, if you become my girlfriend,  I'll court you everyday." he told her. 

 

Sylvia snatched the milk in his hand, and then opened it to drink. Sam's smile widened with what she did. "Does that mean..." he asked. Sylvia smiled at him. "Yes, I'm willing to be your girlfriend." she said. Then, Sam put his arm around her neck, and pulled her closer to him. "From now on, I want you by my side, always." he said. "Yes sir!" Sylvia said. He turned her around to face him. He held his cheeks with his hand, and then kissed her on the forehead. Sylvia's eyes widened with what he did. He then looked at her face and smiled. "My girlfriend is so cute." he said. This made Sylvia's cheeks turn red.

 

Meanwhile, by the door of the rooftop, Wes watched the two. He's happy that the two are finally together. He's happy seeing his little sister happy. He is happy for her, he knows that. But why does he suddenly felt jealous of Sam?