Bridge Chapter - The Bai He guys

Me And The Girl Next Door

A/N: This is abridge chapter for the sequel, so that you'll have an idea how Wayne, Aaron and Sam became close

 

--

 

"Come in, come in..."

 

Wayne looked around the apartment, and saw how nice the place is. "This is going to be your room." the guy said pointing to one of the door. The guy opened it, and he saw how spacious the room is. "Wow, this is nice..." he said. 

 

He can't ask for anything else at all. It's walking distance from Bai He University, plus the rent is lower than the other rooms he inquired. "So, what do you think?" the guy asked. Wayne just nodded his head. "I'll take this room." he said. "Good. Then, here's your key. I already explained the rules to you. And my name is Ben." the guy said. Wayne just nodded his head. 

 

"Are you also studying at Bai He?" Ben asked. Wayne nodded his head. Ben let out a smile. "I'm from Bai He too! I'm a first year Finance student." he said. Wayne can't believe what he said. "Really? And you own this apartment?" he asked. "My parents gave this as a gift for me. And it's boring to live alone, so I say, why not make money out of this, right?" Ben said. Wayne just nodded his head. 

 

"Ben? Is he our new roommate?"

 

Wayne looked by the door, and was surprised to see Ya Lun. "Yan Ya Lun?!" he exclaimed. "Aaron. You can call me Aaron." Aaron said as he smiled. Ben gave the two a curious look. "You two know each other?" Ben asked. Aaron nodded his head. "He also came from Dong Han." Aaron explained. "Ah, I see. Actually, I'm Aaron's childhood friend. He's taking up Architecture in Bai He." Ben said. Wayne let out a smile. "Wow, that's great." Wayne said. 

 

"So, how's your friends? You know, Wes... Dylan... Pei Ci..." Aaron asked. He wanted to fish more information regarding the boyish girl back in Dong Han. "Well, Wes is studying in Sydney. Dylan is touring Taiwan with Sunnee. And Pei Ci's still in Canada, I think." Wayne said. 

 

Wayne noticed how Aaron smiled happily when he mentioned Pei Ci. "Also, Pei Ci's dating someone from what I heard." Wayne added. Aaron's smile abruptly left his face upon hearing that. "Oh, then good for her." he said coldly. Wayne nodded his head. "I'm going back to my room. Excuse me." Aaron said. Wayne could only scratch his head as he watched Aaron leave. "The guy sure has a crush on Pei Ci." he concluded. 

 

--

 

It was the first week of school As he Wayne was walking towards the cafeteria , he saw Sam walking the opposite direction. Both of them paused, and looked at each other. 

 

"No way! Sam is my school mate?!" Wayne thought. "Why do I have to bump into someone that will remind me of Sylvia?" Sam thought. Wayne waved hi to him, and Sam acknowledged him. Then, a girl came to Sam, and clung to his arm. "Love! Come on, let's go back to class!" she said. Sam looked at her. "Sure, love." Sam said. 

 

Wayne scratched his head as he watched Sam leave. "He has a new girlfriend? Well, I'm glad that he moved on from Fei Fei." he thought. Then, he smiled and shook his head. He's just happy that Sam is OK now. 

 

--

 

Wayne was studying at the study hall when he saw Sam running at his direction. Then, he approached him. "If she asked for me, tell her you didn't see me!" he said before hiding under the table. Wayne was too confused to ask him. Shortly after, a furious girl approached him.

 

"Did you see Sam?" she asked. Wayne, still confused at what happening, decided to mislead the girl, and decided to point at the other side of the hall. The girl angrily stomped away. After the girl left, Sam came out of hiding. "Thank you!" he said as he patted his shoulder. He sat beside Wayne for a while to rest. 

 

"Who is that girl, and why is she looking for you?" Wayne asked. "She's mad because I found out I'm also dating her friend." Sam said proudly. Wayne was surprised at what he said. He didn't thought Sam would become a playboy. "Oh, that's bad!" Wayne said. 

 

"Well, it's not. Besides, it's those girls that keeps on flirting with me." he said. Wayne let out a laugh. "Hey, I owe you one. How can I repay you?" Sam asked him. "Well, you don't have to. We're friends, right? And it's rare to see someone from Dong Han here in Bai He." Wayne said. Sam gave him a confused look. "I thought you guys hate me? After what I did to Sylvia in the past..." Sam said. Wayne let out a sigh. "It's all in the past. And besides, You two have moved on, right? She's happy. You're happy. Happy ending." Wayne said. 

 

Sam just nodded his head. "Won't your annoying girlfriend be mad at you for being my friend?" Sam asked. Wayne shook his head. "I'm pretty sure she won't mind." Wayne said. Sam let out a smile. "Well, you're right. It's rare to see an old classmate or schoolmate here. So, friends?" Sam said as he extended his hand to Wayne. Wayne let out a smile as he shook his hand. "Friends." Wayne said.