Cat Almost Out Of The Bag

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Great job, Wes! Not bad for a first time model. Now, we'll have to shoot another scene. Why don't you go inside the tent, and prepare for the next scene?" James told him after he's finished taking his pictures. Wes smiled at him, and then bowed. "Thank you, senior." he said. Then, one of the staff led him inside the tent. 

 

When he got inside, he saw Tia was almost done preparing for her next scene. "Hey..." he said as he smiled at her. Tia looked at her from the mirror, and smiled at him. "Hey. Done with your shot?" she asked. Wes nodded his head, and then sat next to her. "So how was it?" Tia asked. "Nerve wrecking..." he said letting out a laugh. "I can't believe being a model is this hard, Tia."

"It is at first, but somehow I get used to it. Before you know it, you're already having fun, so just enjoy it."

"But you're a professional, I'm just a newbie. You make it look easier. That's unfair."

 

Wes pouted at her. Tia could only laugh at the way he looked. "You'll get used to it. That is, if you want to continue being a model." Tia said. Wes shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe I will continue with this, or not and go with my big plans." 

"What's your big plans anyway?"

"Go to medical school. Be a doctor. Marry the girl I love and start my own family..."

 

Then, he looked lovingly at her. Then, he held her hand. "I think I like that big plan of yours." she said. She slipped her hands down, and held his hand. "The two of them secretly glanced at each other. Tia couldn't wait for the photo shoot to finish so that she could have Wes by herself. She gets irritated with the other female models who looks at Wes like they want to eat him up. 

 

"Tia, James wanted to talk to you." one of the staff said as he approached her. Tia looked up at him, and nodded her head. Then, she turned to Wes. "I'll catch up with you later." she said to him. She let go of his hand, and stood up to find James. 

 

Wes was left alone inside the tent. Then, a girl came inside the tent, and sat beside him. "Hi, you must be the new model?" she asked him. Wes smiled and nodded his head. Then, he extended his hand. "I'm Wes, the unexpected model." he joked. The girl laughed at him. "I'm Elaine. So, do you know Tia?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "We're neighbors. Actually, I just accompanied her here to be her assistant.. I didn't know someone would think I'm good looking enough to be a stand in." he said. 

 

Elaine laughed at him. "You're so funny! But honestly, I really think you're handsome." she said. "Thank you." she said politely. "How old are you anyway?" 

"I'm 18."

"Still in high school?"

"Yes, I'm in high school."

"So young... but you look mature for your age."

"I get that a lot."

 

Elaine smiled seductive at him. "I like younger guys. Do you like older women?" she asked. Wes suddenly felt awkward with that question. "Is this girl trying to seduce me?" he thought. "I see you met Wes..." he heard someone say. Wes and Elaine looked back, and saw Tia walking up to him. He silently thanked her for coming back soon. 

 

"Oh, hi Tia. Long time, no see." Elaine said. She stood up from her seat, and kissed her on the cheek. "Yes, I just met Wes. You know me, when I see a cute guy, I have to meet them." Elaine said. Tia smiled at her. "Well, Wes is cute, but you have to take your claws off of her. He's mine." she told her. 

 

Wes was surprised at what Tia said. He didn't know she could be this fierce. "Ah, a new playmate?" Elaine asked as she looked at Wes. "Boy, do you know how much of a playgirl Tia is? She'll just break your heart." Elaine said. Now, Wes is really surprised. He felt his heart aching a little. Was Tia ever serious about their relationship? Is that the reason she doesn't want to commit herself to him. 

 

"You're wrong, girl. What Wes and I have, it's serious." Tia said. That answered his question, and it made him feel more relieved. Elaine folded her arms. "I wonder what Jacob's say about this. He does know about Jacob, right?" Elaine said. 

 

Tia looked away from Elaine. Elaine knew at that moment that saying Jacob's name would make her win an argument with her rival. "Oh, well... I guess you two have a lot of things to talk about." she said. Then, she looked at Wes and smiled. "I'll see you later, cutie pie." Elaine said. She kissed him on the cheek before leaving the two alone. 

 

After Elaine left, Tia sat beside Wes. "Who is Jacob?" he asked. Tia tried to smile at him. "He's nothing. Just an obsessed ex-boyfriend." she explained. "Oh, but he's not bothering you, right?" he asked. Tia nodded her head. Then, she held his cheek. "You have nothing to worry about." she said. With that, Tia gave him a quick kiss on the lips. 

 

--

 

Sam sat inside the posh restaurant waiting for someone. As seconds passes by, he felt agitated. He was not ready to face his father, or anyone from his family at all. But he know he had to talk to them, for he cannot risk anyone of them to hurt the girl he loves. 

 

"Sam?"

 

A familiar voice called him. He looked back, and was surprised to see her. His father didn't come. He knew he wouldn't care about him at all. But, he knew eventually he will have to meet up with this petite girl. He stood up from his heat, and faced her. "Guo Xue Fu...." he called.

 

Xue Fu walked up to their table, and sat in front of her. "I'm glad you're back..." Sam said as he sat down. Xue Fu looked at him silently. "It's been two years, right?" he asked. "What happened to Brent?" she finally asked. 

 

Sam fell silent. As he lowered his head, he saw the tears falling from her eyes. "Sam, you promised me!" she shouted at him. "I'm sorry..." he said in a low voice. "The only reason I agreed to this engagement is because you promised to protect him!" Xue Fu said. 

 

"I'm sorry, Xue Fu. God knows home much I tried to save him, but in the end, I failed." Sam apologized. Xue Fu looked at him. He could see the anger in her eyes. "How could you?" she blamed him. "How could you be happy when you know you killed him?" 

 

Sam looked away from her. "Do you know how hard it was for me?" he said as a tear fell from his eyes. "Do you know how every night I had nightmares of what happened to him? Every night, I dream of him being stabbed, of him clinging on to his life in the hospital... it took me a long time to move one, and until now I can't move on, knowing Brent died in my arms, because of my own stupidity. So if you tell me how happy I am now, you have to understand what I've been going through because of his death. Brent is my childhood friend, the only person who understood be aside from you. He's the closest thing I have for having a family. If I could, I'll give my own life so he could live again. And I know...."

 

He wiped the tear from his eyes as he faced Xue Fu. "I know how much you love him." he added. This time, it was Xue Fu who looked away from him. "You agreed to the betrothal because Brent convinced you, right? He said, he'll find a way for the two of you to be together. I know about it, because I promised him, that I will help him to be with you." he said. "But now, there is nothing I can do because the boy I love is gone." Xue Fu said. 

 

Then, she stood up from her seat. "Remember this, Sam. I will never ever allow you to be happy. You'll pay for what you did to Brent." she said. 

 

--

 

Jacob arrived at the photo shoot silently. From afar, he watched Wes and Tia together. Shortly after, Elaine joined him. "That new guy is..." Jacob asked her. "The high school kid Tia is dating." Elaine informed him. Jacob let out a smirk. "So, that is the new guy Tia is obsessing, huh?" he said. Elaine nodded her head. "But don't worry, Jacob. I'm pretty sure it's just for fun. Nothing serious."

"I don't think it is. She tried to break it off with me because of this kid."

 

Jacob then turned to her. "So, should I dump her instead and be with you?" he said as he put his hand on her waist. Elaine smiled playfully at him as she clinged to his neck. "It's all up to you. Isn't she your favorite?" she asked. "She's a bore lately. But you... you had always been fun." he said. Elaine let out a giggle as Jacob kissed her on the neck.