The Stalker

Me And The Girl Next Door

He leaned on the wall, and looked at his watch. Anytime now, he know she'll be out of school. "Any minute now..." he said to himself. 

 

"I want ice cream, and waffles and cotton candy!" he heard a familiar voice say. He let out a smile. He peeked from where he is hiding, and saw that she isn't alone. "That's too much sweets!" the taller guy told the girl beside her. "But you said you'll buy me food! I want sweets!" she  protested. 

 

He heard her laugh. He let out a smile. "She's not alone..." he thought. He stuffed his hands in his pocket as he observed her. "I will treat you, but not too much sweets today." the taller guy said. "But Zheng!"

 

He went out of hiding, and followed them. "No sweets." the taller guy said. "Zheng, please? Please? Please?" the girl said. The taller guy sighed. "OK, OK! Stop whining!" the taller guy said. He let out a laugh as he watched the two. "As always..." he thought. 

 

Sylvia paused for a while. She felt someone following them. She looked back, and saw no one behind her. Wes looked at her, confused at her reaction. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Someone's following us." Sylvia said with fear in her voice. Wes looked back, but found no one behind them. He put his arm around her to console her. 

 

"But they already arrested the ert. Don't tell me, there is another one in our school's area?" Wes said. He looked at Sylvia, and saw how scared she is. She may not say a word, but she knows she fears her stalker. He looked at her, and held her hand. "Listen to me, Fei. As long as I am here, no one can harm you, all right? Don't be scared anymore." he told her. 

 

Sylvia nodded her head. "The stalker should be scared. Because just a few more practice, I'm going to be as strong as the Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren." she said proudly. Wes gave her an awkward smile as a sweatdrop appeared on her forehead. "Silly girl! Let's go." he said. 

 

--

 

Sylvia found herself running in a dark alley. She looked back, and he saw a shadow following her. She tried to run fast, but she ended up falling on the ground. The shadow got nearer and nearer. She looked up at it, with fear in her eyes. 

 

"Nooooo...."

 

Sylvia sat up on her bed. Cold beads of sweat formed from her forehead. "Just a nightmare..." she thought. Then, she took a deep breath. "This stalker thing must stop. I must get to the bottom of this." she said to herself. 

 

--

 

Wes walked out of the door, and saw Sylvia sitting outside her house and in her deep thoughts. "Good morning..." he said. Sylvia looked up at him. "Good morning." she said. He noticed the serious look on her face. "What's wrong?" he asked as he sat beside her. Sylvia let out a sigh. "I had a bad dream because of the stalker. I need to find out who my stalker is." she said. 

 

He held her hand. He knew that she's scared. She was just putting a brave front in front of him. "Are you OK? Do you need my help?" he asked worriedly. Sylvia nodded her head. "I know I can't do it alone. At least if you're there, and that stalker attacks me. I know you will save me, right?" she said. "I'll give my life for you to be safe." Wes said. 

 

Sylvia let out a smile. "Cheesy." she said. Wes let out a smile. Then, he looked at her with seriousness. "But kidding aside, Fei. I will do everything I can to protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you, not even that stalker." he said. 

 

She gazed at his face. At that moment, it felt like it was just her and Wes in the world. "I miss that warm gaze of yours..." she whispered. Wes wrinkled his brows. "What did you say?" he asked. He heard her mumbling, but he wasn't able to get it. 

 

Sylvia's cheeks turned red as she turned away from him. "Oh no, he heard! But, so what? Maybe I should tell him now that I like him?" she asked. "You know what, I think we should go and investigate around the school. I'll call Wayne, Diana and Pei Ci to help us investigate, all right?" Wes said. Sylvia nodded her head. Wes smiled as he patted her head. 

 

--

 

"Zheng ge, there must be a good reason to call me early in the morning. I need to prepare with my date with Jenna." Pei Ci said in annoyed tone. They were standing in front of the school gate that morning. Wes has called them, and asked to help them investigate the stalker. Sylvia stared at Pei Ci. Unlike before, when she wore a girly dress, this time, what she wore (a plaid polo, white shirt, jeans and a cap on her head) made her look like a boy. 

 

"Haven't you two had enough fun yesterday?" Wes scolded her. Pei Ci rolled her eyes at him. "Were you jealous I got to kiss a girl, and you didn't?" Pei Ci . Sylvia just laughed at him. She can't believe that week, it was her and Wes that was arguing, and she was jealous of Pei Ci. Turns out, it should be Wes that should be jealous of her. 

 

"Sorry we're late!" They heard someone say. She looked up, and saw Diana and Wayne together. Wes smiled upon seeing the two. "Sorry to bother the two of you." he said. Wayne shook his head. "It's OK. As long as we can help." Wayne said. 

 

Pei Ci smiled at Diana. She walked up to her, and put her arms around her shoulder. "Hello there, cutie pie." she said suavely. Diana gave her an awkward smile. "H-hi..." she said. Feeling jealous, Wayne broke the two by standing between them. He glared at Pei Ci. "Stop bothering her! I told you, she's my girlfriend." he hissed. Pei Ci gave him a smirk. "But not for long." she threatened. 

 

The two glared at each other. If looks could kill, both of them would be dead for now. "Stop it, guys. Let's focus, all right!" Sylvia shouted in an annoyed tone. Wayne folded his arms, and snubbed her. Pei Ci did the same. "OK, here's the thing. Yesterday, when Fei Fei I were walking home, someone was following us." Wes explained. "It can't be the ert. He was arrested, right?" Diana said. Wes nodded his head. 

 

"And I'm getting nightmares because of this stalker." Sylvia explained. Pei Ci thought as she scratched her chin. "This stalker must be within the area. He must be staying at one place to wait for Fei Fei and follow her." she said. Wayne gave her a suspicious look. "You must be the stalker." he accused her. Pei Ci stuck a tongue out at him. 

 

"But Pei Ci is right. Let's start looking for clues at the lanes near the school. That must be where the stalker usually hides." Diana said. All of them agreed to her. 

 

--

 

He went out of hiding, and watched as the five friends went on their way. He knew they are trying to find his identity. "I should make my move..." he thought.

 

He stared at Sylvia, and let out a smile. "How about I give you a little surprise today?" he said to himself. He went the opposite way. As he walked, he thought of a way be near her. 

 

--

 

"I really need to go, Jenna is waiting for me." Pei Ci whined. "You can't go!" Diana scolded the short haired girl. "Wes agreed for us girls to team up, only if we stick together." she reminded him. Sylvia let out a laugh. "Just let Pei Ci be. Go to your date now. Jenna must be mad at you for being late." she said. 

 

Pei Ci's face lightened up hearing that. "Thank you, Fei Fei!" she said. Then, she ran away from the two. The two girls watched as she leaves. "That girl sure is weird." Diana commented. 

 

--

 

Meanwhile, Wayne and Wes were at the other side of the school gate. "If I were the stalker, where would I hide to watch Fei Fei?" Wayne thought. Wes entered a lane near the school. As he looked up, he saw a CCTV camera pointing at the lane. "Look, Wayne! There's CCTV here!" Wes told him Wayne looked at where Wes is pointing. 

 

"Do you think we could take a look at the footage yesterday?" Wayne asked. Wes nodded his head. "We can ask someone from inside the school the let us take a look." Wes said. Wayne let out a smile. "Then, let's do it!" he said. 

 

The two went inside the school, and explained the situation to the head of the school security. They were able to get permission to take a look at the CCTV footage. They were scanning through the video, when they noticed something. 

 

"Wait, Wayne... can you pause the video for a while? I think i saw something." Wes said. Wayne paused the video, while Wes took a look. "He looks familiar..." he said, pointing at the hooded guy on the video. "Do you want me to fast forward this a bit?" Wayne asked. Wes nodded his head. 

 

Wayne fast forwarded the video, until they were able to clearly see the face of the hooded guy. "Pause it." Wes told him. Both of them were shocked to see who it was. "It's..." Wayne looked at Wes. He can't believe it's this guy. 

 

Wes looked at the other monitor, which has real-time feed. Then, the same guy is on the video, on the same area where Sylvia is looking for a clue. "Sylvia..." Wes muttered. Fearing for her safety, he decided to go to where she is. "Let's go, Wayne! Sylvia... she..." 

 

Wayne nodded his head. The two of them ran out of the room to find the girls. 

 

--

 

"I can't find a clue...." Sylvia thought. She was alone as Diana went to the convenience store across the school to buy something to drink. "Who could that stalker be?" she asked again. 

 

He hid from the corner, just right next to Sylvia He watched her every move. Knowing she is in her deep thoughts, and she was alone, he began to move towards her. 

 

Sylvia let out a sigh. "Did Zheng found something?" she asked. Then, someone covered . She wanted to shout, but her voice is muffled. The only thing she could do at that moment is to cry helplessly. Then, she was dragged towards the lane. "Zheng! Help me!" she thought. A lot of bad things is going through her mind. Is she going to be mugged? Is she going to be molested? Is she going to be killed?

 

"Ssssshhhh...." 

 

He hissed at her ear. She wanted to fight, but the guy held her tight so she can't move. "I'm sorry, I had to do this. I'm not going to do anything bad to you. I just wanted to see you again...." she heard him say. Then, her eyes widened. He uncovered and let her go. Then, she turned to face him. "S-sam?" he called.

 

Sam gave her a warm smile as he looked tenderly at her.