That Girl From His Past

Me And The Girl Next Door

Wes walked down the stairs, and was surprised at what he saw in the living room - Chun and Ella were sitting at the couch, with Ella sleeping in Chun's arms. He gasped at what he saw. Then, he heard someone shouting outside. 

 

"Chun ge! Zheng! Ella jie is missing!" 

 

By that high pitch voice, she knew it was Sylvia. Maybe she and Stephy panicked when they found out Ella was gone at their house. Sylvia, who was still wearing a Pikachu onesie,  opened the door of his house, and the moment he saw her, Wes signalled her to be quiet. "Sshhhhh..." he said. Then, he pointed at the couch. 

 

Stephy, who was also wearing a Pikachu onesie,  followed Sylvia, she peeked by the door, and saw the couple sleeping peacefully on the couch. Stephy smiled as she looked up at Sylvia, and then put her finger on her lips so that they will be quiet. 

 

Then, they saw Chun slowly move. Wes immediately signaled the two girls to leave, but it was too late. Chun is already awake. "Wes?" he called. Wes smiled awkwardly. "Good morning, Chun ge. Why are you two sleeping here at the living room?" Wes asked, pointing at the two. Chun looked beside him, and saw Ella sleeping peacefully in his arms. Wes saw Chun blush as he looked at him. 

 

"We... We were talking about things last night." he stuttered. Wes simply nodded his head. Then, Ella slowly woke up. "What time is it?" she asked groggily. Then, she grabbed Chun's hand, and looked at his watch. "6 AM!" she gasped. She immediately stood up from the couch, and faced Sylvia. "Sylvia, change your clothes now, you're going to be late!" she told him. 

 

Before Ella and Sylvia rush back to their house, Chun called her again. "Ella... uhmmm... morning kiss." he said as he pointed on his lips. Ella looked back at him. Then, she looked at Wes and blushed. "But the kids..." she hissed at him. Wes tried to contain his laughter. Chun signaled Wes to close his eyes. Sylvia and Stephy, on the other hand, peeked from the window, and watched as Ella kissed Chun on the lips."I'll see you later." Ella said shyly, before leaving the house. 

 

"So, you and Ella jie..." Wes said as he walked towards Chun, who could not contain his happiness. Chun smiled at him. "We got back together!" he announced. Wes let out a smile. "Congratulations! Finally, all your hard work paid off. So, does that mean, you and Ella jie will go back to Australia?" Wes asked. Chun shook his head. "We need to work on Stephy's adoption paper. Then, do more paperworks for Stephy, then we can go back. I know Sylvia's parents will be back soon, so we need to find a house to rent for a while. And I heard the house right next to you is for rent..." Chun said with a wink. 

 

Wes was happy to know that Chun will be staying for a longer time. After all, he grew fond of him, and for him, he's like his elder brother. 

 

--

 

"Thank you for the treat!" Sylvia said as he and Wes walked home. She was eating her favorite ice cream, and as she looked up at Wes, he saw her nose has ice cream on it. "You eat like a kid! Look how messy you are." he said. He took out a tissue, and wiped her nose. 

 

Sylvia simply smiled. She's happy that she and Wes finally got back to being friends. She was scared that Wes would be mad at her for good because she rejected him. "Do you think Stephy would still be home? I still want to play with her." Sylvia asked. "I don't think so. Chun ge said he and Ella jie will bring Stephy back to the orphanage. But I think she will visit us from time to time." Wes said. "It would be nice to have a little sister like her." Sylvia said. Wes simply smiled at her, then took a bite of his ice cream. 

 

"Hong Zheng?"

 

He heard someone call him.  He knew that voice. He let out a smile as he stopped walking. As he turned around, he saw her. "Pei Ci!" he said happily. Sylvia looked back, and saw the short haired girl running up to Wes. Then, the girl hugged him tight. "I missed you so much, my Xiao Zheng!" he said in a cutesy voice.

 

She let him go, and Wes pinched her nose. "I miss you too, Xiao Ci" he said. Then, the girl hugged him again. Sylvia simply watched them. "Who is this girl?" she thought. She was a little bit jealous of this new girl being too close to her older brother. 

 

"Oh, by the way. Pei Ci, this is Fei Fei. She's my best friend and my neighbor. Fei Fei, this is Pei Ci. She's an old childhood friend." Wes said. Pei Ci smiled at Sylvia, and extended her hands. "Hello, Fei Fei! It's nice to finally meet you! You know, Xiao Zheng used to talk a lot about you in his letters." Pei Ci told her. "Nice to meet you too." Sylvia said. "But my annoying big brother never told me about you." she wanted to add. 

 

Then, Pei Ci tugged his arms. "Zheng ge... can you go with me and tour me around. It's been a while since I've been here in Taipei!" she told him as she gave him puppy eyes. "S-sure... I'll show you around." Wes said. Then, she turned to Sylvia. "Ella jie might need me early today. You two go ahead." she told him. Wes gave her a worried look. "Are you sure?" he asked. Sylvia nodded his head. "Then, let's go!" Pei Ci told Zheng. Before he could even say goodbye, Pei Ci had pulled him away from her. 

 

Sylvia could only watch as he disappeared from her sight. She doesn't know why, but she felt jealous of that girl. "Stupid Zheng." she said to herself. She stomped her feet, and then marched back home.

 

--

 

Sunnee served the coffee to her new customer - Wes and the girl she had never seen before. She smiled at the girl in front of Wes. "Enjoy your food!" she said. When she looked at Wes, she glared at him, making Wes feel uneasy. "She should stop hanging out with her boyfriend that much." he thought. 

 

He ignored Sunnee's reaction, and instead, turned his attention to Pei Ci after she left. "You said in your letter you have a big surprise for me. You didn't tell me you'll be coming home from Canada." he said. "I'm here for an exchange student program." Pei Ci told him. Wes let out a smile. "Really? Which school?" Wes asked. Pei Ci let out a smile. "Dong Han Academy."  she said. 

 

Wes' eyes widened with surprise. "Really?" he asked. He was surprised she will be going to the same school as he is. Pei Ci nodded her head. "And, my section is Third Year Class B." Pei Ci said. "Hey, that's my section!" Wes said. Pei Ci giggled at him. Then, Pei Ci held his hand. "I'm so glad to be back home. Zheng ge, did you miss me?" she asked. Wes let out a smile. "Of course, I did! We've been away from each other for so long." he said. 

 

Then, she smiled. "Really? You really did?" she asked again. Wes nodded her head. "How can I not miss the very first girl who befriended me. That cute girl with button nose and pigtails that always follow me around?" he said. Pei Ci blushed upon hearing what he said. "If only my family didn't migrate to Canada, then we would have grown up together... Hey, is that Sylvia already your girlfriend?"  she asked. Wes spit out his drink upon hearing that. Pei Ci could only laugh at him. 

 

"O-of course not!" Wes told her. "Then, my Xiao Zheng is still single?" she asked. Wes nodded her head. Pei Ci smiled happily at that information. "Then, me going home sure is worth it." Pei Ci said as she drank her coffee. Wes could only smile at her. 

 

--

 

Sylvia moped inside her room after she got home. Ella and Chun were gone on a date, and Wes is still out with Pei Ci. "That girl... how close is she to Zheng to act that way?!" she said to herself angrily. She doesn't know which made her mad -  the fact that Zheng did not mention Pei Ci to her, or the fact that the two looked like lovebirds who have not met for a long time. 

 

She took her pillow and shoved her face on it. Then, she let out a loud squeal to release her anger, or jealousy. "Stupid Zheng! Stupid Zheng!" she thought. Then, she heard a sound on walkie talkie. "Fei Fei? Are you there?" she heard Wes asked on the radio. She simply looked at the radio on her table, and ignored Wes' call. "Fei Fei? Earth to Fei Fei!" Wes called again. 

 

He went out of the balcony, and saw that there were lights on Sylvia's room. "Weird, where could she be? Did she fell asleep?" he thought. "Fei Fei? Fei Fei? Fei Fei! Fei Fei. Fei Fei!" he called in different tones. Annoyed, Sylvia took the radio. "'What?!" she shouted at him. 

 

"Hi Fei Fei!" Wes greeted him. "What do you want?" she asked in an annoyed tone. "Are you mad?" he asked. "Yes, because I'm already asleep, and you're disturbing me!" she told him. Wes let out a laugh. "You're asleep, and the lights in your room is still on?" he asked. 

 

Sylvia got up from her bed, and marched to where the switch is, then turned the lights off. Wes was surprised at what she did. "Good night!" she shouted angrily at him. Wes looked up at her room, wondering what's happening to her. "Why is she mad?" he thought. Then, he just let out a sigh. "Girls. You can't understand them." he said to himself.