The Date

Me And The Girl Next Door

A/N

Qin Yang - Zhi Ge's dad in KO Series

Jane Wang - Da Ye's mother in Love Buffet

Melody - yep, that teacher in KO One

 

Oh and listen to this too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coT4x_lVA_Q

 

--

 

Canada.

 

"Wendi, please make sure to send Mr. Stevens a copy of the contract. And do confirm my appointment with Ms. Rivers, all right?" Melody told her secretary. "Yes, Ms. Luo. Oh, by the way, someone's waiting for you outside." her secretary said. "Who is it, Wendy?" Melody asked as she scanned on the documents in her hand. "She said her name is Jane Wang." Wendy said. Melody paused. It's been a long time since she last heard that name, 12 years to be exact. "Is she a new client?" she pried. "No, Ms. Luo. But she said she have some personal matters to discuss with you. She said you've known her for a long time."

 

Melody walked up to the glass wall of her office, and peeked outside. True enough, it was her - the woman she hated for the past 12 years. "What is she doing here?" she mumbled. Curious, she decided to go out of her office, and face her. 

 

The moment Jane saw Melody, she stood up from her seat, and smiled at her. "Long time no see, my sister-in-law." Jane said. Melody folded her arms as she looked angrily at him. "I don't want to make a scene in this office. Please leave now, we have nothing to talk about."

"Yes, there is. About your brother, and my son."

 

Melody glared at her for a long time. "You left them a long time ago. Why take a sudden interest in them? If you want to know, Qin Yang Ge and Zheng are doing fine without you." Melody asked Jane lowered her head. "Please leave, and I don't want to see you again." Melody told her. Jane could only watch as Melody turn her back at her. 

 

--

 

As they entered the amusement park, Sam held Sylvia's hand. He looked at her, and smiled. She blushed as he stared at her There's something about the way he look at her that makes her heart flutter. "So,  what do you want to ride first?" Sam asked her. "Bump car!" she said without hesitation. He folded his arm, as he smirked at her. "Little miss, you must now, I'm the bump car king." he said. Sylvia looked proudly at him. "And you must know, I'm the bump car champion." she said. "Then, let's see about that." she told him. He took her hand, and then both of them ran to the bump car. 

 

Both of them rode on the bump car. Sylvia was able to bump into Sam's car several time, while Sylvia managed to get away from him when he tried to bump into her. "Ah, you beat me!" Sam said as he helped Sylvia out of the bump car after their ride is over. "See, I told you I'm the bump car champion." she said proudly. Sam lt out a smirk. "Ah, my sweet little girlfriend, don't be too sure.I just let you win." Sam said. Sylvia let out a laugh, as he held on to his arm. "Whatever!"

"So, where do you want to go next?"

"Horror train!"

 

Sam folded his arms as he let out a playful smile. "Hey, you want to take advantage of me, huh? You want to scare yourself, and then hug me when you're scared." he said. Sylvia gave him a shocked expression. "Ah! You saw through my plan!" she exclaimed. Sam let out a laugh. "I'm just kidding. But, if you get scared of the monsters and ghost, you can hug me." Sam said. Sylvia smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

Both of them were screaming while riding the horror train. When a scary monster or ghost come into their view, both of them would shout at the top of their lungs. It felt that everyone is on a shouting match at the train, and if they are, Sam and Sylvia would probably be the winners. After the ride ended, Sam was clinging on to Sylvia like a scared kid. She could only laugh as he tried to console him. 

 

"Hey, they're gone now! The ride is through!" Sylvia said as she laughed at the very scared Sam. Sam looked up at her, like an innocent kid. "Are you sure?" he asked. She smiled, and nodded her head. He sat up right. Sylvia could see the crimson tint on his cheek. "You found out I'm scared of ghosts." Sam said in an embarrassed tone. "I can't believe my boyfriend is scared of ghosts." Sylvia told him. 

 

They rode some more rides like the octopus, vortex, roller coaster, jungle log and anchor's away. After those rides,  Sylvia dragged Sam to buy something to eat. "I want some cotton candy!" Sylvia said, pointing at the cotton candy cart. "Buy me some cotton candy, please?" Sylvia said, giving him puppy eyes. Sam smiled at her. "You wish is my command, my sweet little girlfriend." Sam told her. Both of them went to the cart, and Sam bought her her favorite treat. 

 

Sam watched as Sylvia began to eat her cotton candy. "Do you like it?" Sam asked. Sylvia nodded her head, and continued eating. "Is it good?" he asked again. Sylvia nodded her head as again. As she take another bite, Sam suddenly took a bite of the cotton candy, and then kissed Sylvia on her lips as he took a bite. Sylvia was surprised at what he did. She felt his lips touched hers. "Hey!" she shouted at him. Sam gave her a playful smile. "It's sweet. Or, was it your lips that I tasted?" he as he smirked. Sylvia pouted at him, then she hit his arm. "ert!" she told him. Sam flinched in pain when she hit him. "Why? You're my girlfriend, and I should kiss you." he said.  Sylvia could feel her cheeks turn pink. "But, please don't surprise me like that." she said. Then she turned her back on him. 

 

Sam walked up to her, and put his arm around her neck. "I'm sorry. It's just that you look cute eating that cotton candy. I can't help but kiss you." he said. Sylvia secretly smiled. Deep inside, she was happy because Sam finally kissed her. "So, should we ride the carousel next?" Sylvia asked. Sam smiled and nodded his head. "Carousel it is!" he said. 

 

Both of them ran towards the carousel. Sam helped her get into the horse, while he chose the horse right next to Sylvia's. As the carousel began to spin, Sam held Sylvia's hand, and looked at her lovingly. "Why are you looking like that at me?" Sylvia asked her. "Nothing. I just realized how perfect this day is. Perfect weather, perfect place, perfect you..." Sam said. "Perfect date!" Sylvia said. "It is a perfect date. And today is the perfect moment." He told her. 

 

He kissed her hand. Then, he gazed into her eyes. He leaned closer to her, and softly, he kissed her lips. She felt dizzy as they kissed. She doesn't know if it's because of the spinning of the carousel, or because of the feeling she had right now. As his lips parted from hers, his forehead leaned on hers. If he could freeze this moment and bottle it up, he will keep it close to his heart. "It is a perfect moment." Sylvia whispered. Sam took his hand again, and kissed it. 

 

--

 

It was almost night time, and Sam and Sylvia stood in front of the ferris wheel, adoring it with its lights. "Did you enjoy our date today?" Sam asked Sylvia looked at him. She smiled and nodded his head. "I wish I could take you to ride the ferris wheel but..." 

 

Sylvia saw the change in expression in his face to a sad one. "Do you remember Brent in ferris wheels?" Sylvia asked. Sam nodded his head. "It was his favorite ride. I don't know why, but he said the ferris wheel is the best ride in the amusement park." Sam said. Sylvia looked up at the ferris wheel. "I think I know why." she said. Sam gave her a puzzled look. "Why?" he asked. "At one point in the ride, you'll still be on the ground. And then slowly, it will go up high in the sky. It will go slowly at first, then a little bit faster. Then, it will stop. When you reach the highest peak, you can see everything beautiful that you can't see when you're standing on the ground. For a while, time stops, and the world is still. And for that short moment, it's just you and the one you love at that top of the ferris wheel. All your fear of flight is gone, because everything becomes beautiful and perfect all at once." 

 

Sam looked at her, and smiled. "Maybe that's the reason he likes the ferris wheel so much." he said. "Then, we both have same reasons for liking it." she said. He turned to face her, and held both of her hands. "I'm sorry if I can't take you to ride the ferris wheel for now. But I promise, one day, we'll ride it together." he said. Sylvia smiled at him. "It's all right. There will always be next time." she said. Then, he hugged her tight. He doesn't want this day to end, for it was the best day of his life. Sylvia was the best thing that happened to him. "I love you..." he whispered to her. Sylvia let out a smile. "I love you too." she said. 

 

At one corner of his eye, he saw a familiar figure from a distant. The smile on his face slowly faded upon seeing her. "Xue Fu..." he thought. She saw the hurt expression on the girl's face before she turned around to leave. As Sylvia let go from their hug, she noticed the expression on his face. "Is there something wrong?" she asked. Sam composed himself. He smiled and shook his head. "I'm all right. I'm just tired, I guess." he said. "Then, take me home so you can rest now, all right?" she said. Sam nodded his head. 

 

--

 

After Sam brought Sylvia home, he saw a familiar car parked outside his apartment. A familiar figure walked out of it and approached him. "Young master..." the man called. "Zhi. What are you doing here?" he asked. "Young master, I'm sorry for the intrusion, but Master Lin would like to see you." Zhi told him. 

 

Sam let out a sigh. "We had an agreement. He'll let me off the hook for a year." Sam told him. "I know that, Young Master. But..."

 

Sam knew the reason why his father suddenly wanted him back.  "Xue Fu. It's her, isn't it?" he asked. Zhi nodded his head. "Young Mistress is upset about you, and about Young Master Brent." Zhi said. Sam stared at the guy in front of him. "I can't go back now. I'm sorry Zhi. At this point, I can't even face Xue Fu. After what happened to Brent..." 

 

Zhi nodded his head. "I'll try to explain to young mistress your situation. I just hope she will understand." Zhi said. Sam smiled at him. "Thank you for covering for me, Zhi. And also, thank you. For helping me with my date with Sylvia." Sam said. Zhi smiled and nodded his head. "You're welcome, young master. But, I would have to remind you." Zhi told him. "Young mistress is back." Sam just nodded his head.