Prompt 67 - e

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: mpreg!baeksoo where they’re in rival families

Word Count: 3540

 

When Kyungsoo arrives, he immediately sees his cousin on the phone pressed against his ear. He’s probably trying to call him because when he sees him, Jongdae immediately stuffed his phone inside his pocket and jogged over to him. “We need to go now. Joonmyeon’s trying to stop the argument.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and runs past him.

 

The scene is disastrous, wait – that’s an understatement, to be honest. It much worse than that.

 

Baekhyun and his uncle are exchanging words of rage, backing up Luhan as he tries to make a point. Minseok has a swollen cheek and is crying. Joonmyeon is in the middle of it all trying to calm everyone down. Kyungsoo scowls and takes a deep breath.

 

“Shut up, all of you!” He shouts.

 

The others stopped upon hearing him but his uncle continued to scowl. With his gruff and husky voice, he mutters lowly. “As I said before, I am not leaving this house without my eldest son.”

 

“You can’t have him!” Luhan doesn’t back down. “Just put all the blame on me. It’s all my fault, Minseok doesn’t have anything to do with this!”

 

“This is none of your concern, Prince. This is only a problem limited for family members and you’re not one.” Mr. Kim scowls then looks at Minseok. “Minseok, come here!”

 

“I am not surprised his wife left him.” Baekhyun scoffs.

 

“What did you say, you punk?”

 

“What do you want me to repeat that?”

 

“Baekhyun, stop.” Kyungsoo steps forward and grabs his hand. He looks at his uncle and sighs. “I’m really sorry for his behavior and actions. I want to –“

 

“You’re apologizing to him?!” Baekhyun points at the man. “He’s nothing but a phony! He followed Jongdae and Joonmyeon here when they’re going to meet Minseok and barged in the house without permission. That should be considered as trespassing!”

 

“I’m really sorry, uncle.” Kyungsoo bows his head in apology while keeping a tight grip on his fiancé. “It won’t happen again.”

 

Baekhyun glares at him and Kyungsoo knows that despite his fury and anger, Baekhyun feels betrayed. Kyungsoo knows this and yet, he has to do this. Call him selfish because he is one but right now, there is one thing that runs in Kyungsoo’s mind.

 

Mr. Kim huffs. “It’s a good thing your fiancé knows what he’s doing. You should take a few pointers on him instead of yourself around.” He smirks and looks at Minseok. “Now come here and –“

 

“Look, you must be mistaken, uncle.” Kyungsoo immediately interrupts. “I said those words because I want you and your ing problems with those two out of my house and my family. Because of your actions, my pregnant fiancé is under heavy stress and I don’t want that.”

 

Everyone’s eyes went wide upon hearing that, especially Baekhyun. Kyungsoo can feel two hands gripping on the back of his dress shirt.

 

Mr. Kim looks at him in disbelief. “How dare you speak to me like that? You’re asking me to leave?”

 

“I am.” Kyungsoo frowns. “You are my uncle and I will always treat you with great amount of respect despite everything you did wrong in your life, however, calling my fiancé a is out of the line.” He looks at the Prince and his cousin. “I’m not defending you two, either. My priority is Baekhyun and that’s it. I want you all to leave.”

 

Luhan was about to say something but stopped when Minseok tugs his sleeve. “Kyungsoo’s right. We should go.”

 

Luhan furrows his brows. “What?”

 

Mr. Kim huffs. “This isn’t over.” He points at his son and the male beside him. “Because of what you did, everything in this family ed up. You and I are going to continue this.” Before he leaves, he throws an angry glare at the two and looks at Kyungsoo with a frown before leaving with Jongdae tailing behind him. Joonmyeon was the last one and bows in apology.

 

“I’m really sorry.” He said before leaving.

 

When Luhan and Minseok was about to leave, Baekhyun grabs Luhan’s hand. “Hyung, I’m –“

 

“It’s okay.” Luhan smiles warmly. “We’re sorry for intruding. We got caught up with everything that we forgot your state.” He looks at Minseok and sees the man staring at Kyungsoo. Luhan sighs. “Min, come on. We should leave, too.”

 

Minseok, however, holds his stare at his younger cousin. Kyungsoo isn’t looking at him, though.

 

“Kyungsoo.” He said. “I know, I’ve been selfish but if ever you have the heart to, I just want you to know how sorry I am to everything that I have done.” He looks down and walks towards his lover.

 

“All you ever do is cause trouble to everyone.” Kyungsoo finally speaks out. “Hurry up and leave, you’re making my head hurt.”

 

Minseok looks hurt at this and slowly nods. “I understand.”

 

“But you’re… happy, right?”

 

“H-huh?” Minseok swallows the lump in his throat. “Yes… Yes, I am. So much.”

 

“Good.” Kyungsoo slowly nods. “Good.” He mumbles it this time before walking back towards the master’s bedroom. Baekhyun sighs and smiles.

 

One by one, everything’s going to be all right. They don’t need to hurry, everything’s going to be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

Just like Kyungsoo said, the issue between Luhan, Minseok and his family are kept with themselves exclusively. Baekhyun doesn’t have any news regarding what happened to his disappointment and whenever Kyungsoo catches him prying, he gets mad. Kyungsoo said that he doesn’t want that to happen again and asks Baekhyun to focus on their baby and leave family matters alone.

 

Baekhyun begrudgingly complies. He’s complaining on the outside, yes, but somewhere inside him is pleased about witnessing Kyungsoo defending him from other people and openly saying how he’s his priority. Baekhyun finds himself smiling to himself whenever he remembers. 

 

Not wanting to be alone in the house, Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo to go to his parents’ house to visit. Kyungsoo agrees after a lot of persuasion despite still being reluctant. After all, Kyungsoo doesn’t want to see his future mother-in-law.

 

“I’ll be back tomorrow.” Baekhyun assures his fiancé. 

 

“Why does it have to be tomorrow?” Kyungsoo curls his lower lip in a pout. It’s a surprise to see Kyungsoo who frowns and acts cold around others to be this cute and adorable like this. Baekhyun smiles and kisses him.

 

“I promise, I’ll call you.” Kyungsoo smiles at this and kisses him again which Baekhyun eagerly reciprocates before finally letting go of the tight embrace and driving towards his office. Baekhyun sighs and looks at the house where he grew up.

 

Oddly enough, it still doesn’t feel like home. Same feeling he had ever since he was a kid.

 

His mother was always cold to his father and because of this, his father grew irritable. But despite this, their father loves them and was the one who took care of them until they grow to the person they are now. His mother isn’t always there, but somehow it doesn’t bother Baekhyun that much unlike before.

 

“I’m here.” Baekhyun greets after seeing his father when he enters inside.

 

“Baekhyun-ah.” Mr. Byun stands up on his seat and wraps his arms around Baekhyun. “You’re here! And lookie here,” He playfully gasps and places his hand on his son’s big bump. “My grandchild have visited us as well.”

 

“Of course.” Baekhyun caresses his bump and looks at his father. “So where’s mother?”

 

“Ah, the usual she’s at the hospital.” Mr. Byun answers. “Your grandfather gave me an off so I’m stuck here apparently. It’s nice to have your presence around here. I missed it, actually.”

 

Baekhyun smiles and kisses his father’s cheek. “Well I’ll be staying here until tomorrow so you have me all to yourself.”

 

“Wonderful.” His father claps his hands in glee. “I’m going to make you your favorite!”

 

 

 

 

 

After an unexpected emergency, Baekhyun was left alone in the house after his father assured him to go run a quick errand. His grandfather wasn’t feeling well so he immediately asked for his son-in-law to check on him. Despite Mr. Byun feeling sad that his alone time with his son got in an abrupt stop, Baekhyun assures his father that he’s not going anywhere.

 

Baekhyun hums to himself and caresses his bump. “So it’s just you and me, little bump.” He chuckles to himself. “Oh, right. You’re not little anymore.”

 

Kyungsoo called earlier and asked if he had already eaten. Their conversation lasted fo

Please log in to read the full chapter