Prompt 65 - c

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baekhyun and kyungsoo are roommates and have girlfriends but also curious on how does it feel to date guys. Both of them tried a m/m dating site they someone and immediately clicked little did they know it’s the two of them.

Word Count: 5322

 

The club is noisy.

 

Bass from the music booming through the speakers and the DJ in the middle doing his thing while people below dancing underneath the lights. Baekhyun downs another shot and smiles as Luhan came back holding four shots of vodka.

 

“Hey, hey, hey!” He parks his on the stool. “It’s a miracle to see you here. Girlfriend finally gave you the okay sign to go clubbing?”

 

“Actually, it’s boyfriend.” Baekhyun grins and takes the shot glass. “He let me –“

 

“Woah, woah, woah.” Luhan takes back the glass on Baekhyun’s fingers. “Say what now?”

 

“I’m dating Penguin.” Baekhyun said and it almost threw him off how proud he’s even announcing it. He clears his throat. “Well, it’s just an experiment, but yeah, we’re dating. We just want to see what it’s like to date a guy.”

 

“And is Mira okay with that?”

 

Baekhyun scoffs. “Like she even cares. She threatened to tell break up with me if I didn’t reply to her messages. She can’t even apologize.” Baekhyun slumps on the table and leans his head on his arm. “Why are all girls like that?”


“Hey, don’t generalize.” Luhan chides.

 

Baekhyun wiggles his fingers lazily. “I just don’t get it. Talking to Penguin seems much easier than talking to Mira. I can’t even open up to her because I’m scared that she’ll judge me. I mean, is that even normal to couples? I thought, when you’re in a relationship, it’s all about trust and giving it all to the person you’re currently with.”

 

“Hmm… not all.” Luhan leans his head on his open palm. “Sometimes, you need to save some for yourself. That way when things go wrong, you don’t end up feeling empty.”

 

Baekhyun stares at his best friend for a moment before chuckling. “We’re drunk, aren’t we? Because we’re not talking .”

 

“Definitely drunk.” Luhan giggles.

 

There was a moment of silence after the two of them empty their glasses. Luhan sighs. “But if I were you, I shouldn’t have dived in a relationship with someone else, man or woman and experiment or not. It’s unfair to your girlfriend.” Luhan waves his fingers in dismissal. “I mean, what do you think would happen if it switched? Mira’s the one dating someone at some dating site while you’re the clueless boyfriend waiting for her message?”

 

Baekhyun ponders. Luhan’s right. It’s unfair. Even though Mira’s like that, it’s not fair to her to be treated like that. Baekhyun sighs and nods.

 

“I’ll… fix my together and think whether I’ll continue to date her or not. If I do, I’ll cut all of my connections with Penguin.” He said.

 

Luhan nods upon hearing that. “Good.” He grins. “Now let’s get more shots, shall we?"

 

 

 

 

 

When Baekhyun came back from the dorm (or rather sneaked back) he’s surprised to see Kyungsoo still awake.

 

Kyungsoo is sitting cross-legged on his bed, big round glasses perched up on his nose and a book resting on his hands. He’s wearing a white shirt (wow, that’s new) and his usual navy boxers. Baekhyun smiles lazily and drags himself inside with his jelly legs and locks the door.

 

After turning around, he gives Kyungsoo one last look before sinking on the floor.

 

When he woke up, he’s sleeping on his bed.  He groggily sits up and looks around. The room is empty – Kyungsoo-less. Baekhyun yawns and ruffles his hair and looks around for his phone. He takes it when he sees it on the side of his pillow.

 

Not a single text from Mira.

 

Baekhyun opens the notification of the Grindr app and sees Penguin already left him with five messages. His lips surprisingly turned upwards for a half-smile.

 

Good morning, my fuzzy bunny.

 

Baekhyun snorts.

 

Okay, that sounded weird.

Wait, what kind of boyfriend do you even want me to be?

Cheesy or the y type?

 

y seems weird. I mean, we’re still new to this whole thing.

I’ll settle for cheesy.

 

Oh, wait. I have to confess something.

I almost cheated on you, I’m sorry.

 

Baekhyun feigned hurt at this even though there’s a frown already present on his face upon reading this. He shakes the negativity off and types in a reply. Okay, play it cool, Byun.

 

What? Already? You hurt me, love. >.<

What happened? Who was it? Who am I gonna kill? LOL

 

It’s my roommate.

He was drunk and I had to help him up on his bed but then he wrapped me in a tight hug and caged me on his bed. It’s hard to get out from his death grip, I swear. I almost couldn’t breathe.

Terrible experience.

 

Don’t lie.

I know you had fun.

 

Definitely not!

You know, you’re the only for me~

 

Baekhyun snorts once again and playfully rolls his eyes.

 

You cheater >.<

 

When Penguin didn’t reply anymore, Baekhyun tossed his phone at the side of the bed and turned his back against it. His head is throbbing like crazy but all he could ever think about was how Penguin took too much longer to reply and that his patience is wearing thin. Or rather, he’s getting a bit antsy. He fights the urge to check on his phone and clamps his eyes shut.

 

But just when he’s about to it and check it out, the door opens startling him. Baekhyun blinks twice and sits up, alarmed.

 

“Baekhyun?” A head peeked out.

 

“Mira.” Baekhyun utters.

 

“Oppa, hey.” Mira smiles and enters. Baekhyun suddenly snaps out of his frenzy and sits up straight, his knees all pressed up against his chest as he stares at his girlfriend approaching him after closing the door. This might sound weird, but her sudden passiveness frightens him. Because people might not notice this, but Mira has the ability to make people feel guilty a tenfold.

 

And right now, Baekhyun feels that.

 

Is this it? Is Mira going to break up with him?

 

“Oh, Oppa.” Mira sits on the edge of the bed. “I heard from Kyungsoo-oppa that you’re not feeling well. Did you sneak off campus to drink again?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t reply and lowers his head.

 

“Look, I’m sorry I acted like a brat. It was very childish of me. I just… felt like your attention is straying from me, that’s all.” Baekhyun looks at Mira and thinks that yes, his attention is straying away from her. Come to think of it, his attention is now moving to Penguin which is a man using a gay dating application. And then there’s him, a straight guy.

 

He feels like he’s gonna vomit.

 

“And about that text, I was just desperate. I know you got very mad. I –“

 

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun croaks. His throat burns but he continues. “I’m sorry, too.”

 

Mira smiles and reaches out to touch his arm, her fingers curling making him feel soft skin. Baekhyun smiles back.

 

Baekhyun feels his phone vibrate on the bed. And just like that, realization hit him like a ton of bricks. Now that he’s sober and rage free, everything became clear.

 

So turns out Mira’s not dumping him and he’s currently cyber-dating Penguin. Penguin has a girlfriend and yet, he proposed that they should date in which Baekhyun stupidly agreed.

 

Baekhyun feels cold sweat hitting his skin.

 

Oh, . He’s cheating on his girlfriend with a guy.

 

 

 

 

 

That afternoon, Baekhyun bites his finger as he stares down at his conversation with Penguin. He started from the beginning and he inwardly cringes at their friendly conversation turned into a flirt-fest without him knowing because hot dang, that is definitely crossing over the friendship border.

 

It’s not that he hates talking to Penguin, in fact he’s gotten fond over the guy that he admits on hesitating on cutting connections with him. But the fact that continuing this relationship – whether it be experimental or not, means cheating on his girlfriend, makes Baekhyun feel like he’s the worst guy in the history of the planet.

 

He wants to seek advice to Kyungsoo but he thinks it’s a bad idea since Kyungsoo’s having trouble with Jinhee recently.

 

So he took what Luhan had said to him and sighs. In the end, there can only be one.

 

He pulled out his phone and taps gently.

 

Hey, there’s something I need to tell you.

I don’t think this – us - is working out anymore.

To be honest, I

 

 

Baekhyun pauses typing – hesitating – but then he figures that if this is going to be their last conversation, he should just bare everything out in the open.

 

To be honest, I am starting to like you.

A bit too much, too. Crazy, I know. If you find this disturbing, I’m sorry.

But let’s just stop this… thing with us.

I’m starting to feel guilty about my girlfriend.

She doesn’t deserve to be treated like this.

 

It took a moment before Penguin replied and just the sound of his notification pinging has his heart leaping nervously. Baekhyun clears his throat and wills his heart to calm down – the dread ready to come out of his system.

 

I understand. This thing between us also has left me restless. As much as it’s fun talking to you, I can’t help but feel that this relationship is a mistake. Even if it’s experimental in the first place. I’m sorry.

Though, I must say I am happy to know that you like me.

Because, I actually am sharing the same sentiments.

 

Baekhyun took a brave leap.

 

Even if this like I pertain is crossing the boundaries of friendship?

 

What else would I be talking about? I thought we were on the same page.

 

Baekhyun stops for a moment before continuing. His fingers are starting to get heavy in every press he did.

 

You know, this conversation is starting to make me regret doing this.

But as much as I want to continue this secret of ours, let’s not do this anymore.

Let’s be loyal.

 

Agreed.

But one last request?

 

Sure.

 

Let’s meet up.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide upon reading, his heart thundering nervously.

 

Are you serious?

 

If we’re going to break-up, I think it’s better if we do it face-to-face, no?

I promise you, I’m not a creep nor an old e pretending to be young.

 

I don’t know.

 

Well, I’m not forcing you.

 

I’ll agree if I choose the place.

Deal?

 

Deal.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun feels nervous.

 

He’s at the university’s coffee house and it’s three hours before closing time. Baekhyun heaves a shaky sigh and grips his fingers tight, placing them on top of the table next to his third latte for the night. There’s a few students still in cramming for tomorrow and the staffs are getting lazy and eager to go home.

 

Baekhyun gulps hard. To be honest, he wants to chicken out too. At first he’s scared because meeting someone from an online dating app is borderline dangerous. But since he’s inside university and in public eye, chances of being fooled and kidnapped is slim to none.

 

Another shaky sigh.

 

He imagines Penguin to be someone tall and masculine just like those stars he browses on his phone during nights he finds himself with nothing to do. Penguin must have had a big voice, too. Or maybe captivating eyes. Baekhyun shakes his head and slaps his cheeks. No, that’s not good. Thinking that way, is that a good thing?

 

When the doorbell chimes, Baekhyun jolts. It’s exactly 9 in the evening, the same time as Baekhyun had told Penguin to come.

 

Slowly, he turns his head around to see Penguin.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun furrows his brows. “Hey, fancy seeing you here.”

 

“Oh, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo looks startled. “Hey.” He approaches the table where he’s at. “I thought you’re already back at the dorm. You waiting for someone?”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun grins. “You?”

 

“Same.”

 

Ah, it must be Jinhee, he thinks.

 

“It’s not that late anyways, I can wait.” Baekhyun chuckles and offers the seat in front of him. “You wanna sit here for a while? You know, while you wait for someone.” Kyungsoo smiles and nods at the offer, pulling the chair and taking a seat. Baekhyun sets his lips in a firm line. “So uh… you sneaking out for a date or something?”

 

“Oh? Uh…” Kyungsoo gives a hesitant grin. “Something like that.”

 

“I see.” Baekhyun his lips, thinking fast to stop this awkward silence once again. “So uh…” Kyungsoo beats him to it.

Please log in to read the full chapter