Prompt 85

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

prompt: kyungsoo is definitely hiding something and baekhyun is paranoid about it. 

word count: 8263

 

After a series of failed relationships, Baekhyun decided he’s gonna settle down once and for all. But it was like the deities had given him another shot in romance the moment he saw this guy sitting opposite of him in a bus with that cute button nose and wide eyes with that thick-rimmed glasses hanging there cutely making him even more adorable than the first time he looked. It was like every blink Baekhyun couldn’t find it within himself to take his eyes off of him.

 

Apparently, the cute button nose guy noticed him staring like an idiot and grins at him. It made his heart jump wildly. He’s so fluffy, Baekhyun knows he’s gonna die.

 

And just as when they were the only five people left in the vehicle, Baekhyun pulls up the most charming grin ever and opens his mouth to greet him with the most rehearsed pick-up line he mustered.

 

“Hey –“

 

But then the bus came to an abrupt stop and the cutie stood up and left along with three other people.

 

“Wait, wait, wait!” He shouts. “You’re cute!”

 

 

 

 

 

“And then I found myself staring dumbly at nowhere in particular as I think about how cute and hot he is, wishing that if the deities could grant me one simple wish, it’s that I shouldn’t have shouted that because ing hell, I sounded so desperate.”

 

“Agreed.” Sehun tilts his head up to down the remaining contents of his can of Budweiser. He makes grabby hands for another one but his boyfriend, Junmyeon, slaps his hand making him whine. Junmyeon huffs and glares.

 

“But!” Baekhyun raised a finger, startling some people in the pub. Junmyeon and Sehun doesn’t seemed faze since they’re used to this. “I may have seen his initials on the book that he’s had in between his arm and side so I jot that information down and googled those initials up and checked on Facebook.” He wiggles his brows and pulls up his IPhone in his jacket pocket. “There’s a possibility that he uses those initials on his account and though the chances are just five percent, it’s still a possibility so why not grab it, right? Right?!”

 

“There’s another word for that in the dictionary.” Sehun hums, pretending to think. He lights up, grinning. “Oh, yeah. Stalking.”

 

Junmyeon winces. “Isn’t that going a little far, Baek?” He slaps Sehun’s hand again when those long fingers crawl on the table to get a can of beer. “You’re already in your third can. Quit it.” Sehun gives his older boyfriend a puppy dog look. And since Junmyeon is a er for those eyes and pout, he shakes his head and mutters an all right before letting the younger get another can. He grumbles. “That’s gonna be your last.”

 

“Don’t worry, babe. I won’t get a beer belly.” Sehun pops the can open. “I’ll even let you touch my abs tonight to check.”

 

Junmyeon huffs but is secretly pleased.

 

“It’s not stalking.” Baekhyun protests, bumping his fingers together, mumbling. “It’s called research.”

 

“It’s creepy, disgusting and creepy.” Sehun sets his lips in a firm line. “I repeated creepy on purpose to drill it into your fluffy brain that it’s creepy.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Hyung, do you even hear yourself? What you’re doing is stalking. If I heard any one that looks me up on profile because they like me, I’d be creeped out.”

 

“Yes, because accidentally spilling your drink on your crush’s pants and taking that chance to give him a is not considered creepy.” Baekhyun throws a sarcastic grin which Sehun responded with a wink.

 

“Junmyeon-hyung liked it.” He shrugs. “If he didn’t like it, we wouldn’t be dating for three years now.”

 

Junmyeon sighs as an answer.

 

“But there’s nothing wrong with what I’m doing!” Baekhyun exclaims. “Everybody does it – hey!” Sehun snatches his phone on his grasp. “Ever heard about privacy? Give me that!” But because of the younger’s long arms, Baekhyun concedes defeat.

 

“Not only searching for him on social media sites, you even took note of how his smile looked.” Sehun clicks his tongue. “Cute smile with a plump heart shaped lips.”

 

“It means, he’s a good kisser.”

 

Sehun and Junmyeon shared a look.

 

“You know, Baek.” Junmyeon trails with that motherly voice. “At this point, I don’t know if you’re being honest about this attraction or you’re just desperate on looking for someone to settle down with. If you’re scared about being alone, don’t be. The person for you will come soon enough. You just need to wait for them. Look at Chanyeol and Jongin.” He gestures wildly with his hand. “Chanyeol’s a ty guy and Jongin’s a notorious boy, now look at them!”

 

Just in cue, the pub bathroom door opens revealing Chanyeol panting with Jongin on tow behind him, their hands locked tightly as they maneuver towards them over the crowd.

 

“We just finished having and we’re about to do it again.” Chanyeol giddily says. “Don’t come back in the apartment within an hour or two.” Jongin playfully gives them a salute of farewell before letting his boyfriend take him outside of the pub.

 

Sehun hums after taking a huge gulp of beer. “Maybe you need to get laid.”

 

“It’s not that I don’t want to bang somebody or someone to bang me.” Baekhyun sighs. “I just want it to have meaning, you know? Like what you and hyung have minus the accidentally dating someone not knowing that he’s minor that’s why you need to get a clearance and woo Sehun’s parents.”

 

Junmyeon drags a hand down his face upon the reminder. Sehun kisses his cheek. “Love you, baby.”

 

“You’ll find that person… just… chill for a while, you know?” The older continues. “If it’s destiny for you to meet this guy, then so be it. But right now, stop whatever you’re doing and continue with life.”

 

Maybe Junmyeon’s somewhat right. He just got off a relationship with a Chinese male named, Yifan. And yes, he’s hot and the abs are glorious (especially the dicking skills are top notch) but there’s still a possibility that Baekhyun’s just loving the person he first laid eyes on. He should probably chill for a while, he thinks, maybe go out and drink a cup of coffee, try to steer clear on eyeing someone hot or a babe on the streets. He also needs to uninstall Grindr in his phone, too. He takes his phone from Sehun with a defeated sigh.

 

“Fine.” He said. “I’ll lay off with the whole research,” He glares at Sehun. “…and I’ll forget the whole thing. Maybe you’re right. This is just… me finding a rebound on instinct.”

 

“Exactly like what hyung said,” Sehun claps his hand in delight. “Like for example, when you started dating Yifan exactly two months after you broke things off with Chanyeol – ouch!” He looks at Junmyeon, scandalized. “Did you just bit me?”

 

“I’ll bite you harder if you open your mouth.”

 

Sehun sets his lips in a firm line and drinks his beer.

 

 

 

 

 

But it’s like the deities are giving him a clear full message now because the moment Baekhyun got out of work and dropped by at Starbucks near the building he’s working at, he saw the same guy in the bus, only this time he’s ten times cuter than when Baekhyun first saw him.

 

Baekhyun did a double take and gasps. “Oh, it’s you!” Cute guy furrows his brows in confusion before his eyes widens in recognition. “Hi.” Baekhyun continues. “I’m Byun Baekhyun. We rode the same bus two weeks ago.”

 

The man shakes his hand. “Nice to meet you.”

 

“So how should I call you?” He tilts his head, giving that adorable smile that he knows guys would totally die for. The man’s lips quirk into amusement and leans forward. For a moment, Baekhyun doesn’t know what to say, almost stuttering at how wide and beautiful the man’s eyes are.

 

“I’m someone who you shouldn’t know.” He whispers and Baekhyun almost melts at how deep and smooth his voice was not until he processed the words the man said to him.

 

“B-B-But I told you my name.” Baekhyun sputters. “I think it’s only fair for me to know yours.”

 

The man looks at him for a moment. Baekhyun thinks his pout is working because he sees the man slowly giving in. He watches as he puts his thumb on his chin, staring at his eyes as if he’s reading his soul. Baekhyun wouldn’t mind. Mr. Hottie can have his soul and drink it like fine wine. He doesn’t mind. In fact, he would very much prefer that.

 

“Okay.” He said. “My name is… Do Kyungsoo.”

 

And he paused and Baekhyun waited, thinking that there might be a punchline or anything but there was none. Kyungsoo must have noticed the lack of reaction nor the lack of recognition because seriously, Baekhyun is drawing a blank. Is he some kind of an actor or something? He doesn’t know. But one thing is for sure, Baekhyun likes Mr. Hottie – also known as Do Kyungsoo – and he would very much like it if he could spend more time with him.

 

“That is a very cute name for a very handsome man.” Baekhyun grins.

 

Kyungsoo furrows his brows, confused but hid his reaction quite fast afterwards. Since he isn’t showing any signs of responding, Baekhyun took this cue to continue.

 

“But how about I call you… tomorrow.” He pulls out his phone from his jacket pocket. “Your digits, please?” He grins. Baekhyun feels well damn proud of the pick-up line that he got from How I met your Mother because most of the time it worked. But instead of taking the phone on his hold, Mr. Hottie smirked as an answer.

 

And woah boy, Baekhyun suddenly feels hot.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun groans once his back hits the bed but it was muffled by Kyungsoo’s mouth covering his lips. He kisses him like he owns him and he holds him as if Kyungsoo hasn’t tasted any person for years. The hunger and the lust blowing his eyes are pure and dangerous and Baekhyun is a hundred percent by this. Honestly speaking, it has been a while for him too.

 

Baekhyun yelps when he feels Kyungsoo bite his earlobe. “.”

 

“Call me daddy.” Came the low whisper.

 

He feels a hand slither inside his jeans and he knew he was so done for.

 

“Oh, daddy.”

 

That was the start of Baekhyun’s roller coaster life.

 

 

 

 

 

3 years later

 

Baekhyun ran downstairs as fast as he can holding a little white hat with two cute ribbons on each side. He almost tripped on the way but it’s good a thing that he got to hold on to one of the chairs in the living room. He even made sure that every plug were pulled out. Electricity bills can be a .

 

“Baekhyun, we need to go or we’re going to be late!”

 

“Coming!” Baekhyun mutters a curse and finally skids to a slow stop upon reaching the front door of their flat. He smiles apologetically. “Found it.” He raised the small hat and placed it on top of the little baby girl’s raven hair. “There we go.”

 

Their precious little baby girl.

 

“You sure took your sweet time.” Kyungsoo huffs and fixes the hat on Eun’s hair. “My princess looks beautiful.” He whispers before pressing his lips against chubby cheek. “Everyone’s already there. We need to go before the priest leaves.”

 

“Right, right.” Baekhyun laughs cheekily. “Sorry.”

 

Baekhyun almost given up on love bu that was before Kyungsoo came. It was like a beam of light came flashing down amidst his dark life and Kyungsoo came to fetch him like an angel from above. His friends tend to call him dramatic but it’s really the truth. That’s how it was to Baekhyun.

 

After their rendezvous, Kyungsoo never appeared for three months. Three ing months Baekhyun suffered alone – Sehun and Junmyeon suffered the most, mind you – and he almost given up on love again after that supposed one night stand. But Kyungsoo appeared to him again one night in front of his doorstep mysteriously even if Baekhyun never did give Kyungsoo any address or hints on where he lives, weird but romantic.

 

Of course, they had . This time, however, Kyungsoo stayed.

 

Two more years of ing, eventually calling it making love, and going out on impromptu dates, Baekhyun decided to it and proposed. Kyungsoo accepted after disappearing for two weeks and they got married on the nearest chapel they found that same day. Sehun still holds a grudge against him for not making him the best man but it’s still worth it.

 

 A year later, they decided to get a surrogate after months of trying for a baby. (It’s an inside joke Baekhyun and Kyungsoo have. No, there’s no such thing as a man getting pregnant. Stop that . Still, Baekhyun wished that can be true.) They met a woman who agreed to be their surrogate and months later, Eun was born.

 

Baekhyun looks down on his adorable angel as the priest pours water on top of her head as he chants his prayers and blessings. And he couldn’t help but meet eyes with his husband, who’s also looking at their daughter with those endearing eyes. “I love you,” He mouths and Kyungsoo smiles at him mouthing a reply back.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun and Junmyeon frequently visits their place and when they do, food in the fridge gets full. Sehun is a huge eater and Junmyeon can’t cook but he has the money so he resorts to purchasing food from outside. McDonalds’ burgers all lined up on the table and fries. There’s also Chinese food that Junmyeon ordered via delivery and two boxes of pizzas. Eun is happy whenever they visit but Baekhyun thinks that he needs to work out if they keep on coming here with food.

 

“By the way, where’s Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon asked.

 

Baekhyun shrugs. “He’s at work. He’ll be back next Monday.”

 

“It’s amazing how he gets to travel during work. His job must be awesome.”

 

Baekhyun takes pride on Kyungsoo’s job. It’s exhausting and he needs to go out of town all the time but it’s worth it and it brings lots of money home. They really needed it since they’re planning on moving to one of those suburban houses with a huge backyard so that Eun can play around freely. Living in a small apartment flat isn’t a great environment for kids.

 

It would have been great too if Baekhyun has a job but Kyungsoo persuaded him to resign two months after they got married.

 

“But you know, I don’t want to say this but don’t you think it’s weird?”

 

Both adults turn to Sehun, who’s playing with Eun on his lap. Eun gurgles and on her pacifier.

 

“He keeps on disappearing and appearing like some kind of magician. Even when you two are dating, it’s always the same. Don’t you think it’s suspicious?” Sehun sets his lips in a firm line. “Especially for an accounting manager like Kyungsoo-hyung.”

 

Junmyeon inhales sharply. “Sehun.” He hissed.

 

Baekhyun narrows his eyes.  “What are you saying?”

 

Sehun shrugs. “Maybe he’s hiding something from you.”

 

He furrows his brows. “Are you implying what I think you’re implying?”

 

“Sehun.” Junmyeon says his name in warning. “Quit it.” Then he looks at him a small smile. “Kyungsoo wouldn’t do that to you, Baek. He knows what he’s doing. It just so happens that you got married to a workaholic that’s why you’re always here alone with Eun but he’s doing those things just for you two. Don’t mind what…” He sharply gives the younger male a pointed look. “…Sehun said.”

 

Too late. It’s already budding inside his head. Baekhyun weakly laughs. “Yes, of course.”

 

He’s determined not to get Junmyeon worried so he shifted the conversation to the two with his perfected practiced smile. “So how come you two aren’t married yet?”

 

And so, Junmyeon started sputtering excuses while Sehun waves his hand in dismissal with that same blank unaffected look. But despite his laughing and teasing demeanor, Baekhyun could not help but wonder about his husband’s whereabouts. It’s silly, he knows, but Kyungsoo is always gone and the answer he always receive are vague.

 

He’s going to make sure to talk to Kyungsoo when he comes home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Easier said than done.

 

“Hey.” Kyungsoo smiles and kisses him as a greeting just as he registers his husband’s presence inside the kitchen. It’s 6 in the morning and he’s cooking breakfast with that gray Number one Daddy printed apron. Baekhyun has to blink his eyes multiple times before grinning in glee that yes, this is not a dream anymore. Kyungsoo is home and he’s cooking breakfast. That prompted him to kiss him more.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles softly after pulling away. “Someone’s eager.”

 

“I feels like forever when you were gone.” Baekhyun whispers before kissing him again. And Kyungsoo would love to do it over and over but breakfast is still on the pan and he wanted to save their meal, thank you very much. So Kyungsoo gives one last lingering kiss on the cheek before letting go and focusing on cooking. Baekhyun smiles.

 

“Eun missed you, too.”

 

Kyungsoo hums, smiling. “Really?”

 

Baekhyun nods. “Every time she wakes up, she would always look for you first. I’m starting to feel jealous about it, you know.” He teased. Kyungsoo’s smile widens even more. “Too bad, though. I’m the first one who got to see you.”

 

Kyungsoo checks on the time before turning off the stove. “She won’t wake up till eight, right? We still got time.” Baekhyun answers with a knowing smile and takes his place on the counter, sitting there with legs parted and arms ready and open.

 

The talk can come later.

 

 

 

 

 

It was after he took a bath when he sees Kyungsoo’s phone lit up. The device is innocently sitting on the end table beside their lamp. He knows it’s bad to snoop in into someone’s phone since Kyungsoo is very respectful of his privacy and he knows he should reciprocate that respect but how can he when that damn Oh Sehun planted some ty things in his mind?

 

Baekhyun furrows his brows and dries his hair, ignoring the device.

 

Kyungsoo wouldn’t.

 

Just as he’s in the middle of putting on his boxers, the phone lights up again. Baekhyun raised a brow.

 

Would he?

 

He slowly takes the phone and unlocks his husband’s phone. It isn’t that much of a challenge because Kyungsoo always leaves his phone free from passwords. He doesn’t even bother trying to hide the message notifications that pop up on the home screen. Baekhyun can feel his heart thump loud and clear as he clicks, the vibration feeling heavy on his thumb.

 

Denial is the first thing that came on his mind when he first saw the message coming from a certain Irene. And when he finished reading the content, Baekhyun feels hurt and betrayed. 

 

We are not done, yet. Same time on Monday. Don’t be late.

 

 

 

 

 

“Damn. I didn’t know Kyungsoo’s capable of doing that to you, but I couldn’t say I didn’t have my doubts when I noticed he’s always away.” Sehun said after swallowing on a cheese sandwich. Junmyeon is at work when Baekhyun brought Eun with him to the younger’s place to pour out all of the things that he found. Kyungsoo wanted to come but he’s got somewhere to be.

 

Probably with that Irene chick.

 

Baekhyun looks at Eun, who’s playing with a plastic spoon. She keeps on hitting the same spot on the coffee table ove

Please log in to read the full chapter