Prompt 58 - e

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: a D.I.D baeksoo fic

Word Count: 6657

 

Baekhyun laughed when Kyungsoo lets out a squeak in surprise. Because of that, the words he was working on his laptop were filled with random letters. Kyungsoo shoots him a dirty look. “Very classic of you, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun wiggles his brows. “So working on your book again?”

 

“The usual.” Kyungsoo sighs and continues typing.

 

“So…” Baekhyun leans and takes a peek at his work. “What’s the story about this time?” When Kyungsoo did not respond, he pouts. “You’re always ignoring me when I ask that. Come on, answer me will you?”

 

“I’ll end up spoiling it.”

 

“Just this once, please?”

 

Kyungsoo purses his lips and sighs, giving up. “Fine.” Baekhyun makes a noise of glee. “It’s about two people falling in love even though they’re already married to other people.” Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “There, satisfied?”

 

“Oh, so is there infidelity involved?”

 

“Kind of.” Kyungsoo shrugs. “But the relationship is mostly platonic.”

 

“Ah.” Baekhyun hums. “Knowing you, those characters will likely to suffer pain first before they get their happy ending. That is if they even get one.” He looks at him with a brow slightly raised. “Show some mercy, Do.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles softly and continues to write. It was mostly silent because Baekhyun decided to just do his own stuff while Kyungsoo worked quietly on his own. But in the midst of it, he catches the words “What am I to you?” written when he took a glance at his work. That struck him a lot because those words are actually the ones that he’s been dying to ask Kyungsoo. Since it’s just the two of them, he took that chance and pushed all of his doubts and fears away.

 

“Uh, Soo?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What… am I to you?”

 

Kyungsoo paused on writing for a moment then continues later on, this time he’s got a smile on his face. “What’s with the question?”

 

“I don’t know.” Baekhyun laughs nervously. His voice is turning pitchy and he hates it. “I just wanted to ask – you know what? Never mind. It’s not important anyways. I’m just being my emo self.” Baekhyun scratches the back of his neck and stands up ready to go to the pond and just stare at the ducks or something (or wallow himself in misery for embarrassing himself.)

 

Kyungsoo chuckles making him freeze. “Well, I’m not gonna answer your question. But I am sure that I know the answer that I will give you will make you very happy.”

 

Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat upon hearing that. “W-What?”

 

Kyungsoo smiles and said nothing more.  

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been a week since that revelation and Baekhyun decided not to show his face in the office. He knows he’s going to get fired so to back that up, he decided to look for another job.

 

This is worse than the rejection.

 

Baekhyun still could not believe that Kyungsoo is nothing but a personality that D.O created based on his older brother who died on a car accident with his mother. And then, there’s this fact that Kyungsoo isn’t actually the real Kyungsoo. Baekhyun messes his hair when he realized his mind is drifting off to that topic again. He picks up the remote in anger and shuts it off.

 

If the love of my life isn’t real, does this make my feelings unreal too?

 

Baekhyun was about to stand up when he hears his phone blares a familiar ringtone. He wordlessly picks it up only to freeze when he sees who it was.

 

Kyungsoo calling…

 

Baekhyun’s thumb hovers over the button before finally pressing the end call. He makes a pained look on his face. He’s confused and lost because he doesn’t know what to do anymore. It’s not like this is some kind of drama that he often watches on TV. 

 

It wasn’t long before his phone rings again. This time, it’s a message.

 

Baekhyun, meet me at our usual spot this Saturday. Please, let’s talk.

 

 

 

 

 

That night, D.O paced back and forth sporting an expression of anger. “I can’t believe you did this. Is this why Baekhyun isn’t coming to work? Is this why he refused to come and show his face here?” Luhan sets his lips in a tight line.

 

“He has the right to know. Especially if he’s getting too involved in your life.”

 

D.O scoffs a laugh. “Right and because of that, he’s avoiding me. Great job.”

 

“Look,” Luhan said. “Maybe… Maybe Baekhyun could help. You noticed it too, right? Every time there’s a switch happening it’s always because you’re with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo ended up showing and sometimes, you come up without yourself noticing. Think about it, Kyungsoo!”

 

“I am not Kyungsoo!” D.O snaps. “And I will never be Kyungsoo.”

 

Luhan clamps his eyes shut and sighs. “Seeing you right now… Seungsoo would be very disappointed.”

 

That seemed to strike a nerve on D.O because he’s suddenly marching up to Luhan with a look of fury plastered on his face. “What do you know about my brother, Luhan?” He seethes. “You know nothing about him so don’t say words like that as if you do.”

 

“You made a persona that is the complete epitome of your brother.” Luhan scowls. “You think that isn’t an insult to the memory of Seungsoo? You’re disgracing him. I don’t want to say this, but I think I agree with your father. Get rid of Kyungsoo.”

 

“If I can, Kyungsoo would be already gone a long time ago!”

 

“You can!” Luhan snaps then narrows his eyes. “Let’s point the obvious here, kid.” Luhan frowns. “Kyungsoo is still here because you need him.”

 

D.O’s expression falters. He turns around and walks away. “No, I don’t.”

 

Luhan follows.

 

“You do.” D.O keeps walking until he reaches the hallway of his house. Luhan speeds up and reaches out to grab his wrist. “Kyungsoo, please…” D.O flinches when heard Luhan call his real name. “You won’t get better if you don’t move on. Why don’t you let Seungsoo go?”

 

“Same answer as you, I guess.” D.O said. “Why don’t you let hyung go?”

 

Luhan stills.

 

D.O took that chance to shake the older’s hand off. “Leave me alone.” He said before continuing on his way.

 

Luhan puts his hand on top of his head while looking up at the ceiling. It’s true that he’s still not over his past lover. In fact, the memory of him breaking down when the news was delivered still invaded his dreams at night. But their situation were different. He knows Kyungsoo has it worse than him and right now, he knows that the younger needed someone to be there for him. He sighs.

 

“Seungsoo, please if you’re listening…” He whispers. “Help me.”

 

 

 

 

 

That Saturday, Baekhyun sees his phone ringing again.

 

It took him all of his will to shut his phone off.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s a Monday morning when he woke up with a throbbing head and a burning ache in his body that he decided he has had enough. D.O kicks the empty cans of beer lying on the ground and yells in frustration.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun lazily flips the channels on the television when he heard the doorbell ring. Just when he’s about to stand up, Jongdae ran past him with an excited grin. “Wait, I got it. It must be the dim sum I ordered.” Jongdae yips in happiness and then disappears at the hallway. Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

 

Baekhyun settles on a show about a cat whisperer giving solutions to the family about their cats. He picks up the red pillow on his side and presses it against his chest and leans back making himself comfortable. But then, he sees Jongdae coming back giving him a tight smile. Baekhyun raises his brows.

 

“So where’s that dim sum?”

 

“Baekhyun-sshi.” Jongdae nervously laughs. He clears his throat and sends him a message through his stare but Baekhyun doesn’t understand. It was only when he sees the person stopping next to Jongdae did he finally understand why his friend is acting like this.

 

D.O isn’t wearing the usual suit and tie, but his hair is styled and combed nicely with gel. White dress shirt, black pants and his usual glasses perched up on his nose. Baekhyun looks down and frowns. Bastard didn’t even take his shoes off.

 

With hands in pockets, he looks at him with a stern graze. “Let’s talk.”

 

Is he even polite?

 

Baekhyun folds his arms. “It doesn’t hurt to ask nicely.”

 

D.O rolls his eyes. Jongdae extremely looks uncomfortable so he slowly backs away and flashes a wobbly smile. “Uh, I should just go outside for a moment, sir.” Jongdae bows his head in respect as he does and shoots Baekhyun a don’t--things-up look before darting off the room leaving Baekhyun and D.O alone in the cramped up living room.

 

Baekhyun sighs and turns off the TV. “What do you want, Kyungsoo?”

 

“I’m not…” D.O runs his fingers through his hair. “I’m not him.”

 

“Oh, so you’re D.O obviously because I mean, Kyungsoo doesn’t do that kind of look but who knows? Maybe you’re just pretending to be D.O because you know I don’t want to see you. But hey, how about I make this easy?” Baekhyun frowns. “I don’t want to see any of you.”

 

“Hey, listen. You have no idea how that bastard is doing to me, alright?” D.O scowls. “Try waking up every morning with a huge hangover and a breath that smells like roadkill.”

 

Baekhyun mocks a smile. “Your problem not mine.”

 

D.O clenches his fists and grumbles. “And here I thought you were so cute.” Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “Look, I know you’re upset about the whole revelation and I’m sorry or… he’s sorry for dragging you into this mess. I just want you two to talk and ing settle things because I’m the one who’s suffering not him!”

 

“You’re suffering?” Baekhyun bitterly laughs and scowls. “That’s a ed up reason.” He stands up and throws a pillow on D.O’s direction, landing on his face. D.O frowns.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Baekhyun huffs and stomps towards him. D.O’s eyes went wide. “You want the two of us to talk, right? Then get him out. I want to talk to him.”

 

D.O blinks rapidly. “It’s not… It doesn’t work that way.”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Fine. Then wait here until I get my things. I’m going to witness the shift with my own eyes meaning I have to stay at your place until it happens.” D.O’s eyes almost popped out of its sockets upon hearing that. It’s new and odd to see his of a boss to be like this but either way, it feels good. Baekhyun throws one last look on D.O before marching up to his room.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun inhales deeply and sees D.O outside with a dreadful look on his face. Jongdae, on the other hand, looked so awkward and nervous trying to push his shirt down to cover his lower half because his boxer shorts is so short it almost beats the awful short shorts teen girls are wearing nowadays. D.O doesn’t seem to notice, though.

 

He s his bag in front of the younger male. “Take it.”

 

D.O glares. “If I refuse?”

 

“Well, it’s not me who’s going to wake up with a huge hangover again so…” D.O grumbles and snatches the bag off Baekhyun’s grasp. Baekhyun smiles boldly and shifts his attention to Jongdae who’s looking at them in confusion. “Right, I’m going to stay over to boss for a while. You all right on your own?”

 

Jongdae nods quickly.

 

D.O doesn’t wait for Baekhyun and decided to go down the elevator muttering and grumbling under his breath. Baekhyun scoffs a laugh and rolls his eyes. And here he developed some sort of attraction to that guy. Ah, Byun. Why do you fall so easy?

 

“Hey, so is the rumor true then?” Jongdae whispers. “You and the boss dating?”

 

“What?” Baekhyun blew a raspberry. “No… No! Not true and will never happen.”

 

“Don’t lie to me.” Jongdae looks around to check if D.O’s really gone before continuing. “Someone saw you and that jerk making out in the elevator the night at Luhan’s party.” Baekhyun’s jaw slacks. “Yeah, there are security cameras in the elevator too, . And you know the security department loves a big gossip.”

 

“We, I…” He shakes his head. “I did not do that. I’ve never kissed that guy before.” A quick memory of D.O kissing him at the rooftop flashed in his head. Baekhyun’s face burns at the thought. “Okay, maybe we made out once, but it wasn’t at the elevator. I’m gonna repeat this again, we’re not dating!”  

 

“Uh-huh.” Jongdae doesn’t believe him. He’s giving him that look. “And you didn’t tell me?! You sneaky bastard. Here I am rotting on my singleness while my best friend is already parading his at the company’s CEO.” He holds him by the front of his shirt. “Did you two have already?” Jongdae shakes. “You did, didn’t you?”

 

“, no!” Baekhyun gasps. “Jongdae, please let me go.”

 

“Oh, god. Was it good?” Jongdae shakes him, this time a bit wildly. “Goddamit, Byun. Is that why you’re so happy lately?”

 

“Hey, what’s the hold up?”

 

The two of them froze when they see D.O standing with arms folded against his chest. Jongdae gulps hard and slowly lets Baekhyun go. “We were just talking, s-sir.” He flashes a shaky smile and pushes Baekhyun on his direction. “You can have him.”

 

Baekhyun almost trips. He shoots a glare at Jongdae.

 

“It’s been an hour.” D.O glares at him. “What took you so long?”

 

Baekhyun makes a face. “An hour? It was just 10 mins.” D.O rolls his eyes and walks ahead.

 

“Same thing.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun should have known D.O and Kyungsoo aren’t living together in the same house. Instead of the familiar path, Baekhyun was lead to a foreign one. Big houses and gates alongside huge hedges. A statue and a fountain at one of the houses he passed by. Baekhyun slowly raised his brow. D.O is a truly a bigshot.

 

Said man silently drives, eyes focused on the road with a slight frown etched on his face. He might be sweet and caring during at office hours, but you can see how he acts whenever he’s displeased about something. Looks like boss is back.

 

“I don’t see how staying in my place an answer to everything.”

 

“Well, a part of me is still unbelieving of the whole disorder.” Baekhyun said. “To see is to believe after all.”

 

“Well, you’re going to like the place.” D.O said in sarcasm. “It’s the place where dreams come true. A mini-Disneyland.” D.O rolls his eyes.

 

They entered the huge gates, the exact same look as Kyungsoo’s has. Unlike Kyungsoo’s, D.O’s house looks intimidating. The homey atmosphere isn’t there. It simply looks like a house. Somehow it makes Baekhyun feel uncomfortable.

 

When he got out of the car, he sees an old man coming out with a woman on his side, an arm wrapped around her waist in an intimate manner. Baekhyun sees D.O standing firm with a serious look on his face. Baekhyun looks down, looking out of place.

 

“Father.” D.O said.

 

Mr. Do raised a brow at his son and shifts his stare at him. Baekhyun gulps hard. Even though he’s not looking, he can feel the hard and tense gaze the old man is giving him. He bows his head in greeting. The old man slowly nods.

 

“I came to visit to talk but I see you’re busy.” Mr. Do said, not taking his eyes off Baekhyun. Then he looks at his son. “Carry on with your affairs.”

 

D.O did not answer and just stands still. When Baekhyun lifts his head, he met eyes with the woman D.O’s father is with and is surprised at the glare being directed at him. Baekhyun furrows his brows. He could never get rich people and their feud for power and money. He now understands why Kyungsoo hates his fa

Please log in to read the full chapter