Prompt 78

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baeksoo story where kyungsoo harbors a one-sided crush on Baekhyun.

Word Count: 5411

 

Kyungsoo scrolls down his phone, his whole form wrapped around his navy blue star wars duvet. He knows if his mother finds out he’s still awake at this time of the night he’s gonna get a scolding, but then again, Kyungsoo doesn’t care at this point. It’s three months before he graduates high school; time is running out fast.

 

How to Confess to Your Crush 

 

Kyungsoo is 100% gay but still hasn’t come out yet fully. The only person that knows is his mother and Chanyeol, his best friend slash personal punching bag. He’s got no problem with his father not knowing because one: his parents’ are divorced and two: the guy’s a huge jerk.

 

It was only recently during their homeroom teacher Kim Junmyeon’s speech about making the most of it during the last months of high school did it dawn on him that , he’s right. He needs to man the up and do the thing that he’s most terrified to do and just do it so that when he leaves this school, he’ll be stepping out with no regrets.

 

Kyungsoo wraps the duvet closer to his body and continues to read.

 

Wikihow, I’m counting on you.

 

--

 

Everyone likes Byun Baekhyun. He’s got this aura that makes you look at him even with a thousand people in the same vicinity and a smile that makes your heart melt. Baekhyun is like a puppy that you can’t say no to. Baekhyun is cute and adorable and does aegyo all the time and makes these weird noises that makes him squeal and he’s really good at Hapkido, too!

 

Kyungsoo can list all of the things that he finds attractive to Byun Baekhyun. Hell, he already has a list!

 

But Kyungsoo cares less about all of those. 

 

He chances upon Byun Baekhyun one afternoon on his way home picking up a stray kitten after seeing the kitten’s mother’s dead body near the trash bin at the alleyway in the middle of Starbucks and McDonalds. The kitten keeps on crying as he lifts it up and gently presses it against his chest, giving it soothing pats to calm it down, not caring even if the kitten is dirty or if his uniform blouse gets ruined.

 

“It’s okay,” He whispers. “I got you.”

 

From the small act of kindness, Kyungsoo began to see Baekhyun in a different light.

 

And as time passed, slowly, he began to realize that he’s really into deep.

 

--

 

Write a note and pass it to your crush.

 

Make sure your note is handwritten, legible, and relatively short and to the point. Kyungsoo reads before setting his phone down next to him and faces the pad paper in front of him. He’s got everything ready: the pen, the references and other of those Nicholas Sparks bull crap. The only question now is…

 

How to start?

 

From the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one.

 

Kyungsoo frowns and crumples the paper, throwing it to the side. Won’t Baekhyun feel creepy about this? It looks like a ing proposal.

 

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Please don’t freak out,

Because I love you.

 

He crumples the paper again. Too overly used.

 

You are, and always have been, my dream.

 

Oh, god. Too much Nicholas Sparks.

 

I like your so much the angels told me to you –

 

Now this is considered as harassment, god-ing-dammit, Do Kyungsoo snap out of it!

 

Running out of ideas, Kyungsoo picks up his phone and continues reading the first step. Just cut to the chase.

 

“Cut to the chase.” Kyungsoo mutters out loud. “Huh.”

 

It took a minute before he picked up his pen again and writes.

 

--

 

He went to school extra early that time just to slip his letter inside Byun’s locker. It was at number 14, just near his which is 12. After doing his job, he immediately run outside and tries to calm his beating heart. He needs to stop it from going overdrive or else he’ll die.

 

As always Baekhyun is with Jongin. The two of them are an inseparable pair, always together no matter where they go. Baekhyun is known as the adorable one of the pair while Jongin is the supposed y one. But the number of times he looks far from y and close to adorable is multiple that Kyungsoo finds it hard to believe that such a person can possess cuteness and iness at the same time.

 

He’s afraid to follow after them, despite tons of students flocking inside the school building. He feels like a stalker and it wasn’t helping that he looked like one. So he decided to wait for Chanyeol before he went inside. Once the taller arrived, Kyungsoo immediately entertained the giant’s stories of what happened last night with his LOL match (after he’s crushed to death by those huge arms.)

 

It just so happens that Chanyeol’s locker is 61 and its way far from theirs. But even then, Kyungsoo can still see Baekhyun’s reaction when –

 

Wait, what the…?

 

Instead of Baekhyun, Jongin opens the 14 locker and Baekhyun opens the 04. The confession letter caught Jongin’s eye and now, he’s the one opening it instead of the original target. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide, panic settling in as he watches mortified as Jongin silently reads his embarrassing letter.

 

“See, they thought Soraka with a tank build isn’t possible, but it worked and I swept the bot lane like a motherer!” Chanyeol continues to talk as he cleans his locker, oblivious that Kyungsoo isn’t listening to him and that his friend is panicking. “The Xin Zhao is such a jerk too. But guess what? He keeps feeding my Soraka that she became the ultimate weapon of mass destruction!”

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo nervously laughs, eyes shifting between Chanyeol and Jongin – ing hell, now Baekhyun’s approaching Jongin.

 

“Oh my god, our Jonginnie got a love letter!” Baekhyun exclaims in glee, hooking an arm around Jongin’s neck. “Who’s it from?” Then he tilts his head up to get an even closer look. Jongin just blushed crimson and grins at the cheesiness of it. Kyungsoo groans.

 

Method 1 – failed.

 

--

 

“So who’s it from?”

 

“I don’t know. The sender forgot to write their name.”

 

“Huh.” Baekhyun taps his chin then smirks. “What if it’s Chanyeol?”

 

Jongin’s eyes went wide, blushing even more. “W-What? No w-way!”

 

They both turned to the giant’s direction, who’s chatting animatedly with his friend. As if sixth sense, Chanyeol turns to them by accident and smiles when he finds himself locking gazes with Jongin before continuing his conversation with the smaller male. Jongin clears his throat and slams his locker shut, ignoring Baekhyun’s cackles of him looking like a ripe tomato.

 

--

 

Ask for help with something.

 

One great way to start a conversation or to get your crush talking is to ask some help with something simple. Kyungsoo reads and nods vigorously. Of course, of course. This is the so called thirsty cheerleader move that he always sees in movies (sometimes in real life.) It only depends on your crush and what they’re like. It’s an opening for flirty conversations.

 

The things is, Kyungsoo is very awkward when it comes to socializing so this is bad.

 

So it’s only reasonable for him to ask for help to the most sociable person he ever knew.

 

--

 

“Wait, so you’re asking me to ask Byun about his pets.”

 

“Yes, Chanyeol, because I’m thinking of adopting one – or maybe two pups at the shelter near here.” Kyungsoo acts nonchalant about it even though he’s screaming internally for Chanyeol to just accept the damn request.

 

It was a long moment of pondering before Kyungsoo speaks up again, “So?”

 

“I would really love to, you know… but Soo.” Chanyeol scrunches his face. “Did you forget I’m allergic to fur?”

 

Oh, shoot. Kyungsoo did forgot, but he’s not gonna tell Chanyeol. The giant is so sensitive to details that he’ll probably mope around if he found out his childhood friend who he has known for all his life forgot that fact about him. So he acts nonchalant about it and shakes his head. “No, of course I don’t. It’s just… you’re an animal enthusiast. Plus, you’re so great at talking. Me, on the other hand…”

 

Kyungsoo stumbles forward when he feels a large hand hitting the back of his head. “Get out of the way, coconut head!” His peers around him cackles as they continue to walk past him, heading out of the school building. Chanyeol scowls.

 

“Yah!” He was ready to defend his friend’s honor but Kyungsoo pulls him back by the arm.

 

“Hey, stop. It’s not worth it.”

 

“But I’m the only one who should be calling you that – ow!” Chanyeol nurses his side after Kyungsoo brutally pinched it. “I mean, seriously, Soo. You really need to do something to your coconut hair.”

 

“I promise I won’t cut it after it grows. Anyways,” He clears his throat and slaps Chanyeol’s arm. “Will you help me?”

 

“Well,” Chanyeol purses his lips and shrugs. “You’re finally making a move to Byun after three agonizing years of listening to you talk about him so yeah, sure.”

 

Chanyeol got another pinch there but there’s a promise of pizza later which made the giant shout in happiness.

 

--

 

It was around lunch when Chanyeol decided to disturb Jongin and Baekhyun’s table by shouting “hi!” in a very deep voice. Baekhyun responded enthusiastically just as always while Jongin simply smiles. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is dying.

 

This is the very first time he gets to sit on the same table as Baekhyun. His heart is pounding erratically just at the thought of Baekhyun sitting across him, wearing the same uniform as him, eating the same meal as him and sipping the same drink as him. Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and shakily sighs, willing his heart to calm down because , how can he “talk” to Baekhyun if he’s like this?!

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun waves at his face when the other notices him just staring. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. “You okay there?”

 

He knows my name. I can die in peace now.

 

“Oh, he just finished watching the latest episode The Flash last night that’s why he’s like that.” Chanyeol saved him from embarrassment in which he is grateful of. But the moment he mentioned that, Baekhyun’s eyes shines like diamonds and began to enthusiastically talk about the season 3 finale of said series, saying that it wasn’t fair for HR to die like that all of the sudden and that he prefers Iris to die instead. It would have been great because Baekhyun is actually talking to him, but the only problem would be…

 

He dislikes that series because it’s too… corny.

 

Dammit, he should have watched it. If he did, his inner fanboy would have taken over and he should be exchanging theories and rants with Baekhyun right now. But no, he chose to watch Game of Thrones instead of The Flash.

 

He loves that series but damn it, he wished he chose the other one.

 

“But that’s not the real reason why we’re here.” Chanyeol decided to go straight right into business. “Kyungsoo here,” He hooks him by the head when he said this. “Is thinking of adopting a dog or two and he wants advice from pet owners in this school.”

 

“Oh, you’re getting a dog? That’s great!” Baekhyun exclaims. “I actually own one but all he does is lay around on the floor all day. I left for school in the morning seeing him lying on his doggy bed then I come home to that damn dog in the same position as if he didn’t move.”

 

“O-Oh?” Kyungsoo opens his mouth to say more but he finds it hard to. Chanyeol must have sensed his distress so he wraps an arm around his friend’s shoulder and gives it a tight squeeze.

 

“It’s going to be his first time so he really needs all the help he can get.”

 

“Is that so?” Baekhyun is looking at him with that eye smile. , Kyungsoo looks down on his food, unable to stare back at him. His cheeks are getting warmer every second. , , . Calm down, Do. “It’s nice to hear you adopting instead of shopping for animals. Though, I do hear some shop owners are putting dogs from shelters in their shops so that people would buy them since adopting isn’t that common.”

 

Once Baekhyun started talking, he doesn’t stop. It might look annoying to others, but in Kyungsoo’s perspective, it’s a blessing. Hearing that smooth angelic voice every day is a gift. He wouldn’t mind hearing it the first morning he wakes up and sleeping at the sound of it.

 

“Wow, you really know a lot about dogs, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol grins.

 

“Pfft, duh.” Baekhyun waves in dismissal. “I own a dog but I’m focusing more on raising my son.” He grins. “He’s a kitten, still a few months old but he’s secretly a ninja. Though I think the suitable person that would help you is our own dog expert, Kim Jongin.”

 

Jongin, whose quiet the whole time, pauses on chewing and looks at Baekhyun, wide-eyed. “Huh?”

 

Baekhyun grins, a misch

Please log in to read the full chapter