Prompt 65 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baekhyun and kyungsoo are roommates and have girlfriends but also curious on how does it feel to date guys. Both of them tried a m/m dating site they someone and immediately clicked little did they know it’s the two of them.

Word Count: 2465

 

Baekhyun waits on the benches holding two tickets and a popcorn on the other hand, watching his girlfriend chat happily with her group of friends that they happened to see. He groans and looks at his wristwatch. It’s already 14 minutes past the movie time, but Baekhyun doesn’t feel that annoyed to be honest. If watching that sickly romance movie version of that Nicholas Sparks novel is ever worth watching, then he shouldn’t be doing this now.

 

(The only Nicholas Sparks movie he enjoyed is A Walk to Remember. And it’s not just because Mandy Moore’s hot.)

 

“Oh, my god! Are you serious?” His girlfriend, Mira, squawks. “That is so outrageous!”
 

“I know right.” Her friend waves her fingers. “Like, how could he do that to her? He so does not know what he’s missing on.” Then the other two makes nods of approval.

 

Baekhyun sighs.

 

It’s not his intention, but his eyes somewhat landed at a duo chattering happily at the snack bar, waiting for their orders to be given. Baekhyun sighs once again. Ah, he should have just gone with his roommate. Watching Star Wars: Rogue One was really the movie he wanted to see but Mira isn’t that keen on watching those kind of movies. Insert long frustrating sigh.

 

But then the other guy leans close and presses his lips against the other’s cheek making his eyes went wide. Okay, so they’re not buddies. That’s – That’s cool. Not like he’s against homoual couples.

 

The duo giggles and holds hand. Baekhyun expects them to walk at the cinema that plays another love story but no, they entered the cinema where Star Wars is playing and Baekhyun internally groans. See? Even gay couples love Star Wars! Who doesn’t even like the movie?!

 

“Aw, baby. Have you been waiting that long?” Mira coos at him. It was only then that he realized her friends already left. Baekhyun blinks rapidly and thinks of two replies. He could say that yes, thank ing god you’re done chattering. I want to go inside and sleep already – I mean, watch the goddamn movie!

 

But then, Mira can be a raging T-rex when she’s mad so with a smile, Baekhyun shakes his head and stands up. “Nah, it’s good. We should go.” He places his hand on her waist and leads her to the cinema. Mira smiles and chatters on what they should do next and Baekhyun listens – half of it goes out his ear, however.

 

Well, what she doesn’t know doesn’t kill her – or rather him, in this situation.

 

 

 

 

 

True enough, he slept half of the duration of the movie and another half of it making out with Mira. With a tired sigh, he opens the door of his dorm room, only to take a step back when the door bursts open almost hitting his face.

 

“Jinhee, I swear it isn’t like that!”

 

“ off, Kyungsoo. I’m leaving!” Jinhee throws the middle finger before stomping away, brushing her arms aggressively against Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun stares at her wide-eyed with brows raised and slowly turns to look at his roommate. “Do I even have to ask?”

 

“It’s Jongdae’s birthday and she doesn’t want me to go.” Kyungsoo mutters. Baekhyun slowly nods and closes the door upon entering. He knows another wave of rumors will come the next morning at campus of course, with Jinhee being an attention it’s not impossible to have an issue every day.

 

“Well, where is it going to be held?”

 

“In a bar.”

 

“Oh.” Baekhyun winces. “Of course, that’s code red, man. Mira doesn’t even want me stepping a foot in there.”

 

“A gay bar.” Kyungsoo deadpans.

 

“Still the same results.”

 

“I know,” Kyungsoo groans as he lands back on the bed. “But if I keep it a secret, she’ll go berserk on me. I don’t want that. I’ll just have to cancel.” He pulls out his phone from his jacket pocket and taps in a message. Baekhyun shakes his head and opens the mini-fridge and takes two cans of beer.

 

“So I’ve got a semi-crappy day today.” Baekhyun said. When Kyungsoo sits up, he tosses the can in which the latter caught swiftly. “Want to watch Netflix using Joonmyeon-hyung’s account?”

 

“I want to continue Stranger Things.” Kyungsoo said and pops the can open.

 

“Fine by me.” Baekhyun shrugs.

 

 

 

 

 

“You know, if I were Jonathan, I should just take Nancy for myself while Steve is still being seen as a jackass.” They were already at the last episode of the season and it’s already nearing 2 in the morning. Baekhyun leans his back against the wall and downs his third can of beer. He’s a bit tipsy and does Kyungsoo… he thinks.

 

Kyungsoo burps. “Nah. If I were Jonathan, I’d stop crushing on Nancy.” He waves his hand in distaste. “She’s like… most girls. Choosing to with the guy they like instead of being with their friends. Look what happened to Barb. It’s her ing fault she died.”

 

“Ah,” Baekhyun grins. “Just because you and Jinhee got a fallout you’ve been bitter with girls.”

 

“Girls are exhausting.” Kyungsoo drones. He takes another swig. “You know sometimes I wonder what’s going to happen if I swing on the other team.”

 

Baekhyun blinks. “Like… like dating guys?”

 

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo looks at him. “What do you think about it?”

 

 Suddenly, he finds himself wondering too. Dating girls, based on his experience with Mira, is terrible if you don’t count the mind-blowing . She whines a lot and gets mad if you don’t reply quickly. She gets mad if you’ll hang up on her ad won’t take the “I’m going to poop” reason. (If there’s someone hanging up first, it’s got to be her.) Every time they go on dates, Baekhyun’s wallet cries. It’s okay for him to spend some money for his girlfriend but sometimes, she’s borderline crossing the boundaries, you know? Like a spoiled little princess who gets mad and throws a tantrum in public if you don’t follow what she wants.

 

Hell, his first year high school girlfriend is even more mature than Mira. (Oh, how Baekhyun missed her. But she’s already a successful business woman at Canada present time and Baekhyun’s probably just a speck dust in her memory. Sigh.)

 

Now that he thinks about it, what would it be like if he dated a guy instead? He looks back at the memory of two guys dating back at the cinema looking lovesick as ever. And the best part of it was they were going to watch Star Wars together. Baekhyun sighs. Mira would have been perfect if she loves Star Wars. It was his dream date.

 

“Nah that would be weird anyway. Forget I asked.” Kyungsoo scrunches his face. “Maybe you’re right. I’m just probably bitter because Jinhee and I got in a fight.” He downs the remaining contents of the can.

 

Baekhyun forces a laugh. “Right, weird.”

 

 

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter