Prompt 82

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: B likes K, K notices the affection and try to flirt with B. But since B's friend told him that K has a girlfriend, B starts to avoid K.

Word Count: 3659

 

Baekhyun stifles a groan as he enters his former school’s gym. There’s a huge banner of Welcome back Alumnus of SMT near the door and also at the entrance and there’s Jason’s Derulo’s “In my Head” playing in speakers. He remembers that song being overplayed back in his high school days. He used to sing that falsetto in the showers while wiggling his as his friends would laugh in background at how hilarious he looked.

 

Baekhyun cringed. Damn.

 

The gym is already filled with people when arrived and there are some faces he recognizes. He recognizes Kwon Bo Ah, who’s flocked with people near the refreshments table. She’s all smiles and laughs despite the recent news of her getting a divorce with her husband. The veteran actress used to be the secretary of their student council back when Baekhyun was still a tiny sophomore and there are rumors of her and the President, Jung Yunho, being in a relationship then. The gossips were intense then and Baekhyun admits to be one of those people who likes hearing those juicy stories. Well, almost everyone is anyway.

 

Speaking of Jung Yunho, he’s playing around with his friends, for the first time, the five of them meeting together after a years of separation. You can see the happiness in their eyes as they catch up and their laughter louder than the music itself.

 

Hell, everyone here are all catching up and it made Baekhyun feel a little lost. Where are those ers anyway? He decided to come because they guilt trip him in coming. And when he finally came, they weren’t even here? Oh, the audacity -

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” 

 

It’s like being hit by a freight train, Park Chanyeol crashed into him as he wrapped his huge limbs around him like they’re a giant burrito. He can hear Jongdae’s familiar cackling behind and Junmyeon chastising Chanyeol to let Baekhyun go because poor boy might not be breathing anymore. When Chanyeol did finally let go, Baekhyun gasps for air and screams. “You almost killed me, you tard!”

 

“He’s alive!” Chanyeol shouts in glee. “You’re here! I thought you won’t be!”

 

“Unfortunately.” He deadpans. “Anyways, can I leave now? I’ve finally shown my face to you guys here.”

 

“Don’t be such a party pooper, Baek.” Jongdae hooks an arm around his neck and pulls him close. “We’re here to catch up with our childhood memories. Wouldn’t it be nice to run inside the school halls one more time before we go back on our boring adulting life?”

 

“It should be adult, Jongdae.”

 

“I know that, love. It’s a millennial slang, stop.”

 

“Millennial slang? How come I didn’t know that?” Junmyeon ponders. “Gosh, I feel so old now.”

 

Baekhyun drags a hand down his face.

 

They managed to drag him to the buffet table and take in a lot of plates of food curtesy of Jongdae and Chanyeol before going to their designated table. In their table, there’s also Zhang Yixing, who’s now a doctor in Seoul currently in PhD. Junmyeon and he immediately began to do small talk upon knowing that the Chinese male is going to be transferred in their hospital. That leaves Jongdae, Chanyeol and Baekhyun in their own little world.

 

There was a program held and some of their former teachers ramped in the stage like runway models. Everyone whooped and yelled, cheering when it was their former advisor. Baekhyun threw his head back and laughed, watching and thinking that maybe coming here isn’t a bad decision after all.

 

“Oh yeah,” Chanyeol snaps his fingers. “Remember that guy Baekhyun’s crazy about in high school?”

 

Jongdae’s eyes went wide in recognition. “Ah, that guy.”

 

Baekhyun furrows his brows in confusion. “What the are you two talking about now?”

 

“You know.” Jongdae shrugs, his Cheshire grin plastered on his face. “Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Hearing the name brought a lot of memories flooding in his head. He remembers the raven haired male with plush lips and wide eyes and a smile of an angel. He remembers images of him with his glasses and sweat dripping down the side of his head after gym and he’s at the drinking fountain, wiping his jaw. Fetus Baekhyun swallows hard then and even Adult Baekhyun just at the thought.

 

Do Kyungsoo was his first love.

 

But also, his first heart break.

 

 

 

 

 

“Seriously?”

 

“I’m in a hurry,” Baekbeom runs back holding his car keys. “I ing can’t believe Jeongmin changed the schedule to 8.” He ran outside after giving their mother a kiss on the cheek leaving Baekhyun gaping in horror because what the flying , seriously?!

 

“But I can’t take the bus!” Baekhyun exclaims.

 

“Well,” His mom takes a few bills and placed it in front of him. “There’s always a first time for everything, Baek.” She gives his cheek a loving pat before walking back to the kitchen. Baekhyun sighs.

 

It’s not that he doesn’t like to ride the bus, it’s just that he doesn’t know how. Baekhyun groans in agony as he made his trek towards the bus top in their neighborhood. He’s grown used to Baekbeom driving him to school every day that when this stupid conference he got suddenly in and everything is ruined. Thinking about all the hideous germs from the seats and the noise around him. , it’s not enough he has to go to hell – I mean, school every single day. He’s even going to ride a hell carrier.

 

He squeaked when the bus stopped in front of him.

 

All of the kids waiting with him immediately began climbing aboard. Baekhyun was the last one who came up and when he stood there in the middle, he sees them seats all full already. His eyes went wide and his heart began to pound nervously. Ah, this is the ing reason why he doesn’t ride a ing bus.

 

He didn’t even notice another person behind him as he was standing there, desperate to find a seat.

 

“Hey.”

 

Baekhyun squeaks, startled, and whips his head back only to freeze. It’s a boy a little bit taller than him and he’s wearing those thick rimmed round glasses, bangs matted on his forehead and plush lips curled into a smile. One word immediately came to mind upon seeing him.

 

, he’s hot.

 

He looks past him and hums. “No, seats left?”

 

Baekhyun finds his throat dry. Words fail to come out of his mouth so he just shakes his head.

 

“There’s got to be some seat left, though. Come on.” He gives Baekhyun’s shoulder a gentle push, prompting Baekhyun to move forward. The boy is following close to him and he finds it hard not to stop walking. It’s even harder when the bus started moving because Baekhyun has to fight his balance while trying hard to keep focus on finding seat.

 

The bus went in an immediate halt that got Baekhyun stumbling back but the boy caught him much to his embarrassment. He’s got his arm resting on his shoulder, his eyes wide in surprise. “Woah, careful.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know if this is the butterflies in his stomach or this is his bladder acting up because he needs to pee. Nevertheless, he feels mute so he simply nods and proceeds to continue walking.

 

Fortunately, at the end they saw two vacant seats. The other was on the window while the other was at the backrow. Baekhyun doesn’t know whether he’ll feel grateful that he can breathe now or disappointed because he’s not going to sit beside the boy. Even then, when Baekhyun casts a glance behind him to check on said boy, he finds him staring at him. Then he smiles.

 

He ing smiled at him.

 

Baekhyun gives a small smile of his own (but it looked like a grimace) and turns his head to the window, trying so hard to keep focus now on the road and the scenery of the familiar neighborhood going away as the bus accelerates.

 

Turns out that went on the same school. Because when Baekhyun got down the bus, he was there behind him and because Baekhyun was a shy stupid idiot, he didn’t bother to turn around to even greet the boy and just walked forward on campus, desperate to go to his locker or find Chanyeol and Jongdae. He’s lucky if Jongdae isn’t being a fly around Junmyeon today. He really doesn’t mind but just now, please, please, please… he need those two idiots.

 

To his relief, he saw Chanyeol, all long hair and bangs covering half of his face, looking all dopey and smiley along with Jongdae near the locker area. When he turned around however, the boy was nowhere to be found. He inwardly groans.

 

He should have just talked to him.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Baekhyun swallows his food like a madman before taking his bag on the living room. Baekbeom, all dressed up with his work attire, comes down with a smile. “Okay, Baek. Let’s –“

 

“I’m taking the bus, bye!”

 

Baekbeom blinks twice. “Huh?”

 

Baekhyun decided to ride the bus, hoping he would see the same boy yesterday. Only

Please log in to read the full chapter