Prompt 58 - c

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: a D.I.D baeksoo fic

Word Count: 2466

 

Baekhyun jolts when he hears the door to their apartment slam close. He hears Jongdae grumbling from the doorway. He groggily drags his hands down his face and cranes his neck to look at his friend. “Hey, Dae.”

 

Jongdae frowns. “I am so ing exhausted. That last client I had was a total headache, I don’t think I can function anymore after hearing those endless nags.” He runs his fingers through his hair over and over then disappears at the kitchen. He comes back holding two cans of beer. When he tried to give on to Baekhyun, he refused. “More for me then.”

 

“Try working under the spawn of Satan.” Baekhyun mutters.

 

Jongdae cackles. “Oh, yeah. How was your first week, man?”

 

Baekhyun looks at his friend with a smile. “It was great!”

 

It was awful.

 

D.O asked him to buy coffee before work starts. Baekhyun did what he had been asked, five times. Apparently Mr. Spawn of Satan has a particular keen taste of coffees that Baekhyun almost felt like he lost a lot of weight after going back down and up again from the ing 10th floor. Baekhyun works well under pressure but D.O managed to double that to the point where Baekhyun doesn’t know what to do first. How Luhan did even survived his ?

 

But what’s even more stressful is the sudden changes of D.O’s behavior.

 

Baekhyun notices sometimes their boss would help him out of the blue and ask him if he can do the job alone. The touches on his shoulder lingers and a smile would etch on his face at random moments. Baekhyun is shook and yet, it made his heart skip a few times. It was like the man has a switch in his body: cold and evil then suddenly transforming into a sweet and caring one. He hits his head to wake up because he knows it’s all but a hallucination. Besides, D.O would always find ways to torture him. What’s confusing is, why the sudden change of attitude?

 

“Could have fooled me. You look old.” Jongdae said after taking a huge gulp of his drink. “Wanna go to a bar this weekend? You know, let loose. Have fun…” He wiggles his brows. “Get laid?”

 

“Can’t.” Baekhyun grins and this time, it’s the real deal. “Saturday is a no-go for me. I’ve got somewhere to be.”

 

Jongdae smirk. “Ah. Don’t forget to tell me the details, .”

 

Baekhyun throws his head back and laughs.

 

 

 

 

 

That Saturday, Kyungsoo waits in front of the fountain of the amusement park and yelps when he felt two fingers jab his sides. He huffs and playfully feigns hurt before laughing when Baekhyun got guilty. Today, they’ll reenact a scene from the novel he’s working on. His editor said that it felt dry and the love there looked like forced affections so to make it realistic, Kyungsoo has to experience it himself. He’s sorry for what he’s about to do, but he needs to keep this from Baekhyun so that his reactions would be natural.

 

“So… there are plenty of rides we can go first.” Baekhyun grins. “But we’ll choose whatever you want. So what will it be?”

 

Kyungsoo pretends to ponder before smiling. “How about we go for the mild ones before the extreme ones. You know, to prepare myself?” Baekhyun nods at this. Kyungsoo looks back at the main lead’s actions and reaches out to hold Baekhyun’s hand. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide, his cheeks tinting pink. “Let’s go?”

 

“Y-Yeah.” Baekhyun smiles and leads him.

 

Not once, Kyungsoo did not let go, save for that time when they’re riding. Like he wrote, he did each and every move, thumbing the back of his hand, squeezing it and tugging it like a child wanting attention. Every reaction Baekhyun makes is new. It was oddly amusing and… mesmerizing.

 

“Hey, hey, hey, let’s go to that shuttle next!”

 

His gaze landed at the giant roller coaster ride. “Yeah, sure.” He beams. His heart is accelerating because of excitement when Baekhyun drags him at the line. It’s pumping so fast almost like… palpitating.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. His chest constricts and his head throbs. Baekhyun seemed to notice his discomfort so he tugs his hand and looks at him in worry. “Kyungsoo?” Then he smirks. “If you’re faking, too bad that’s not gonna work on me.”

 

Kyungsoo gulps hard and groans, clamping his eyes shut.

 

 

 

 

 

D.O opens his eyes and is surprised to find himself in a rather crowded place.

 

“Hey,” A tug of his hand got him snapping his head up to look at the person in front of him. His eyes went wide when he sees brown eyes and a familiar face gazing at him in worry. “Kyungsoo, are you alright?”

 

Wait… Kyungsoo?

 

D.O looks around wildly then looks down on their intertwined hands. , they’re on a date. , Kyungsoo is on a ing date with this lowlife and this happens?! D.O mentally curses and flashes a wobbly smile to assure Byun that he’s fine.

 

“Are you nervous? Because you know, you can hold my hand if you feel scared.” Baekhyun is flashing that smug smile and D.O decided that he hates that. He pulls his hand away from the other male and frowns.

 

“Where…” His mouth drops when he catches a sight of the fast rollercoaster zooming past them. He gulps hard and gapes in horror.

 

Why on earth is this happening now of all times?

 

That ing Kyungsoo.

 

The ride almost killed him.

 

He cannot contain the screams erupting his mouth. He turned hysterical and he swears he’s gone crazy in every turn and those dreaded loops. those dreaded loops. D.O embarrassingly even grabbed the lowlife’s hand for dear life. Oh, the shame. Now, he’s going to be reminded of this memory every time he sees his face. Ugh.

 

Baekhyun throws his head back and laughs. “Oh my god, Kyungsoo. You’re shaking!” He laughs again. D.O scowls at this and walks past him but his shaking limbs got him almost falling. He accidentally grabbed a hold of Baekhyun’s shoulders to balance himself. Baekhyun laughs even more. “Come on, let’s go again.”

 

“Are you mad?!” D.O shrieked.

 

“But it was fun~” Baekhyun coos. D.O walks past him once again and huffs. Baekhyun

Please log in to read the full chapter