Prompt 73 - d

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baekhyun is blind and kyungsoo is too nice for his own good.

Word Count: 4491

 

Kyungsoo didn’t expect the night to end up with .

 

Baekhyun is just lying there with his arms stretched above his head, blank eyes staring at the ceiling as he breathes, chest heaving up and down as he does. It was eight in the morning when he woke up marking another day of absence from Kyungsoo’s work which means another scolding from the HR. He just wishes Wu covered his just for once.

 

“Good morning,” Baekhyun greets, startling him. He turns around to face him and smiles, placing his hand on his chest but instead making it land on his face. Kyungsoo makes a face. “Sorry.” He giggles.

 

On the second thought, he doesn’t mind if Wu doesn’t cover his . The scolding from the HR would be worth it.

 

Last night had been a messy blur. Initiating y time in front of the door when your partner is blind ended up slightly painful for Kyungsoo, who managed to stumble a few times. Baekhyun mistakenly squeezes a few parts that he thought was it. Like the time he wanted to squeeze Kyungsoo on the chest only to squeeze Kyungsoo’s neck that got him choking for air. And let’s not forget the balls. Kyungsoo winces at the memory.

 

“Here, let me help you.” Kyungsoo takes Baekhyun’s hand and placed it on his cheek, thumbing the back of the other’s hand over and over as he stares at him with a soft smile on his face. Baekhyun closes his eyes, humming.

 

“Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun whispers. “Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are? Because you do.” He cups his face and lets the other explore it with his fingers, touching and caressing every part. Kyungsoo pulls away, laughing softly.

 

“You won’t say that when you see my face.” Kyungsoo answers. “I’m far from beautiful. I’m more… intimidating than beautiful.”

 

“This doesn’t look like a person having an intimidating face.”

 

“Oh, you haven’t seen me chase a kid away just by smiling.”

 

“What?” Baekhyun guffaws. “But you’re too cute to be called intimidating!” He exclaims before pulling Kyungsoo into a quick kiss on the lips. His heart fluttered at the feeling of Baekhyun’s soft lips against his. “Well, if I’m with someone intimidating as Do Kyungsoo then I might be a blind person then.”

 

“I really don’t know if I find this comforting.” Kyungsoo laughs when Baekhyun kisses his cheek.

 

“Come on, big guy. We’re gonna make breakfast.” Baekhyun pulls Kyungsoo in a sitting position but they ended up toppling over one another, in each other’s arms laughing.  “Kyungsoo, we are not –“ He momentarily shuts up when Kyungsoo kisses him. “We are not going to get anything done if we continue to do this.” Kyungsoo laughs, pressing his forehead against the side of Baekhyun’s head, his eyes crinkling in delight as he does.

 

Of course, there’s still that question hanging in his head: Why did Baekhyun come over here? But Kyungsoo chose not to open it up afraid what would happen.

 

He’s beginning to fear the idea of being left behind.

 

 

 

 

 

Now, the routines have changed.

 

Every night, Baekhyun would come at his place and sometimes surprises him whenever he comes home from work. Like the first time it happened, Kyungsoo almost had a heart attack when he sees Baekhyun sitting on the sofa while humming at a pop song playing on the radio. They ended up getting food delivered a shared a meal while watching Meet the Robinsons, with Baekhyun listening and sometimes mouthing the words by heart.

 

Then every morning, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo would leave the apartment together. Before going to work, he would drop Baekhyun off at Kris Wu’s house, getting used to the glares Wu is giving him, and savors the kisses on the cheek he gives before leaving with a smile on his face. It’s like he’s back in high school and he’s in his first relationship ever all over again.

 

It’s been a usual and normal routine for them that it’s like having Baekhyun over at nights is like a normal thing despite it being just a month and a half.

 

And yes, that also means like any other ordinary couple, the is a normal thing too.

 

Kyungsoo instinctively closes his eyes when Baekhyun leans in to kiss him. His hands are slowly wrapping around his torso as their kisses turned deeper. Baekhyun is laughing against his mouth but soon it turned into needy moans and short gasps of air.

 

Baekhyun’s shirt is the first one being discarded and as he started loosening the other’s belt, Baekhyun started ing Kyungsoo’s dress shirt.

 

“Do you want me to you on the couch?”

 

“That would be hot.” Kyungsoo grins and kisses him more.

 

The sound of the door bursting open made Kyungsoo shriek like a madman while Baekhyun immediately covers himself with his Kyungsoo’s discarded dress shirt, immediately wearing it though he’s having difficulty because the top is upside down.

 

Standing at the doorway is Jongdae with his mouth gaping open and Junmyeon looking surprised and amused at the same time.

 

“Y-You didn’t lock the door?” Baekhyun squeaks in the middle of the silence. Kyungsoo nervously laughs.

 

“They got a duplicate, actually.”

 

Baekhyun sighs.

 

 

 

 

“Hi.”

 

Junmyeon sits on his bed proper and prim position on the couch in front of the sofa where Baekhyun and Kyungsoo is currently sitting. Baekhyun smiles upon hearing this, blank eyes staring ahead. “I’m sorry for barging in like that. We haven’t expected Kyungsoo to have guests.”

 

“Yeah, I haven’t expected you two to come by.” Kyungsoo mutters under his breath that got ignored.

 

“I’m Junmyeon, by the way.” Junmyeon reaches a hand out to Baekhyun for a shake, but then, he realized his mistake soon after so he extended his hand even further, takes Baekhyun’s hand and shakes it. “Kim Junmyeon, Kyungsoo’s friend.”

 

“Kim Jongdae.” Jongdae pipes up, voice cheerful but he’s frowning.

 

“Wow, Kyungsoo’s friends. I never thought I’d meet you sooner than expected.” Baekhyun smiles, shaking Junmyeon’s hand twice. “I’m Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Jongdae’s frown deepens.


Kyungsoo noticed this and catches his friends’ attention by clearing his throat. “So what brings you here, anyway?” He keeps his tone cheerful, taking Baekhyun’s hand and giving it a gentle squeeze while pointedly staring at Jongdae. “It’s already late.”

 

“Oh, we decided to go and visit you, you know?” Junmyeon answers. “It’s been a long time since we hang out together just the three of us so Jongdae and I decided to surprise you. I was thinking of doing the usual, you know? Watch a movie.” He grins. “But I didn’t know you had a visitor.”

 

“Yeah,” Jongdae drawls. “We didn’t know you had a visitor.” Kyungsoo frowns. “So I think we should up and leave –“

 

“Wait,” All three of them looks at Baekhyun upon hearing this. “A movie would be nice.” Baekhyun is beaming as he said this, staring ahead of Jongdae and Junmyeon. “What movie are you going to watch? Recently, Kyungsoo and I watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower and it was amazing.”

 

“Oh, my god! I love that movie!” Junmyeon exclaims and claps his hands, leaning over to Jongdae. “I’m beginning to like him already.” Jongdae only grunts in response. “Then let’s go watch a movie then!” He jumps on his seat and takes Baekhyun by the hands, slowly helping him stand up. “Baekhyun, I’ve brought my collection of Harry Potter and I just know that you will absolutely adore it. Hearing men with British accents will give you eargasm, I swear.”

 

Baekhyun giggles and nods. “That would be amazing, Junmyeon-sshi.”

 

“So that means you two.” Junmyeon points at his boyfriend and Kyungsoo. “…are going to get food for us.” He shoos them with his fingers. Kyungsoo makes a face at this but obliges, smiling when Baekhyun is feeling up the CD case that Junmyeon handed after pulling it out his bag. However, that came to an abrupt stop when he felt Jongdae tapping him on the shoulder.

 

“Come on.” Jongdae gestures with his chin. “We’ve got a lot to talk about.”

 

 

 

 

 

The moment they got out of the building, Jongdae grabs him by the arm and scowls. “What’s Byun Baekhyun doing in your apartment?” Kyungsoo pulls his arm away and walks ahead, stuffing his hands inside the pocket of his hoodie. “Yah, Do Kyungsoo. What happened to I’m not in love with Byun Baekhyun? Was that in the first place?”

 

Kyungsoo stops on his steps and sighs. “Jongdae –“

 

“Byun Baekhyun is married, Kyungsoo, or did you forgot after you got down on your knees and him off?”

 

Kyungsoo scowls upon hearing this, jaw clenched and fists balling. “Don’t talk as if you know what happened, Jongdae. You don’t know everything that happened between us that got us to this point.” He said. “He needs me.”

 

“As his rebound!” Jongdae screams, catching some attention to other people. His glare was enough to scare them off. “Kyungsoo, you have no idea how much hurt you’ll end up when he leaves you.” He said, pleading. “Wake up and open your eyes! That guy is bad news.”

 

He knows it. , he knows Baekhyun is bad news. But if being with him can make him feel happiness, then he’s going to take that risk. Even if that risk is nothing but a low 1%, he’ll take it. If it would mean being with Baekhyun.

 

So with a sad yet frustrated smile, Kyungsoo whispers. “I know.” Jongdae’s scowl falls at the unexpected reaction. “But I just can’t help it. Like you said, I do fall in love so easily.”

 

After getting the snacks, Kyungsoo watched the first movie of Harry Potter with his friends. Junmyeon can’t help but gush at the entire film, even narrating the characters’ expression in detail for Baekhyun to picture in his mind. There’s still tension between Jongdae and Kyungsoo but to his relief, Baekhyun didn’t notice it. The other male just sat there beside Kyungsoo, leaning on him sometimes and even playing with his fingers.

 

It’s this feeling he finds happiness in. Jongdae can call him a fool all he want.

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday in the evening after Kyungsoo got home, he already expected Baekhyun sitting on the chair listening on the radio as he waits for him, but no, he got something different instead.

 

“Oh, my.”

 

Baekhyun is busy arranging the boxes on the coffee table, slowly feeling them up and placing them somewhere that he deems good enough. The red box was a cheese cake who looks like it was just being taken out from the freezer and the other one looks like a shoe box. Kyungsoo breaks out into a smile.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter