Prompt 36

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Everyone loves Kyungsoo. He’s admired by everyone but he only has eyes for Baekhyun. Baekhyun too liked Kyungsoo but he doesn’t know Kyungsoo feels the same way.

Word Count: 3053

 

The wind was rather strong and yet, somehow despite the other students looking haggard and distraught by the sudden hair disarray, Baekhyun can’t help bu wonder how Kyungsoo still looks so handsome and gorgeous. He runs his fingers through his hair and looks to his side, fingers clutched on the strap of his bag that’s hanging off one shoulder as he enters the school gate.

 

Baekhyun releases a dreamy sigh while staring at said guy. He dramatically drapes over a tree and sneaks a look at Kyungsoo, looking like a typical Japanese school girl stalking over her crush. He giggles to himself when Kyungsoo cutely rubbed his eyes at the dust that caught his eye. This is so illegal. How could he be so cute and hot at the same time?

 

He doesn’t know why on earth Do Kyungsoo won’t notice his feelings when he’s so terribly obvious about it. Their relationship can be compared to a freshman wanting his senior to notice him (please notice me senpai~) and just like any of those relationships, it’s very frustrating.

 

Baekhyun eventually disconnects himself to dreamland and finally snaps back to reality when Kyungsoo was already near the building. He clears his throat when he’s near and waves frantically when Kyungsoo finally looks at his way. “Good morning!”

 

“Oh, hey.” Kyungsoo half-smiles. “Morning.”

 

The sight of that made his legs feel jelly.

 

“You’re early today.” Baekhyun grins. “Had a nice sleep then?”

 

“Very.” The stopped when they were in their respective lockers which is just three lockers away. Still close in Baekhyun’s dictionary and he even dubbed them as neighbors. Baekhyun tries to control his heart by taking deep breaths before speaking out. “Hey, Kyungsoo… so I was thinking that we should –“

 

“Hey, hey, hey!” Suho slings an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo groans in surprise but chuckles nevertheless at his best friend’s small gesture. “You’re late! I told you to go upstairs when you arrived, you cheeky little .” He shifts his attention to Baekhyun. “Good morning.”

 

Baekhyun bows his head a little. “Good morning.”

 

Kyungsoo looks at him. “Is there something you wanted to tell me?”

 

“Ah, it’s the…” Baekhyun scratches the back of his neck, completely lost for he was planning on asking Kyungsoo to that mall show of their favorite band that Kyungsoo’s been dying to go (he secretly pre-ordered a ticket) but his confidence wavered when he another person showed up so he ended up blurting, “The essay Mr. Shim wanted us to do.”

 

“Ah, I already finished it.” Kyungsoo said. Then before he could say anything more, Suho was already dragging him towards the other way while telling him something about the movie they saw last weekend in which Kyungsoo entertains whole-heartedly.

 

“I see, bye.” Baekhyun waves despite Kyungsoo already gone. He sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, did you hear?” Kwanghee whispers during lunch. “Kyungsoo passed Yonsei’s entrance exam.”

 

“Wah, really?” Dongjun leans forward and sighs. “Didn’t he just took one at Seoul national? Good for him. My parents keep on pushing me to go to Yonsei. Is it even good there? Better yet, do I even want to go to college?”

 

“I don’t know. Mom wants me to study at Canada.” Kwanghee mutters. “What about you, Baek?”

 

Yonsei University, wow. Kyungsoo passed the exam there? If Kyungsoo is planning to go there, do you think he should take an exam there too?

 

Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo smiles and laughs at whatever the girl beside him is talking about. The way she leans close and whispers something in his ear and the way she would touch his arm when she laughs aggravates him, but who he was to have the right to be anyway? It’s no joke – his popularity. He’s not that great in sports like jock Kris Wu, but his brains and charming personality makes up for it. It’s not complete, but it is a perfect combination.

 

“Baekhyun.” A snap.

 

“Wah-What?”

 

Kwanghee looks at the direction of where he’s staring at then smirks. “Ah, figures.” He grins and leans forward, intrigued. “Tell me, since when did you liked Suho?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “What?”

 

“Wow, Suho.” Dongjun cackles. “You like him? Why didn’t you tell us?!”

 

Baekhyun snaps his head to the direction of Kyungsoo’s table and sees that Suho is actually sitting next to Kyungsoo on his other side. Kwanghee must have thought that he’s staring at him.

 

“Keep it down, idiot!” Kwanghee hissed.

 

“My god, Baekhyunnie, you dirty bastard. You should pay attention to your buddies rather than fantasizing about Suho.”

 

“Hey, it’s not –“ He muffles a laugh when Dongjun crosses over and slings his arms around his neck, giving his hair a wild ruffle exclaiming how proud he is for Baekhyunnie about being a man and finally having someone he wants to bang. (Kwanghee slaps him on the back of his head because of that comment.)

 

Just like that, lunch ended without them realizing.

 

 

 

 

 

January passed by in a blur and for all he knows, it’s already February – the month of Valentines. Students started giving gifts to the people they like. They would walk up to them, hand them a single rose or a bouquet or even a box of chocolates, bam! Everyone around him started to receive or hand out roses. Boys to girls, boys to boys and girls to girls.

 

To his surprise, Dongjun hands Kwanghee a rose early in the morning. Kwanghee, of course, squeals and seals it by kissing Dongjun on the cheek. Wow, even his friends are having a colorful love life.

 

Somewhere afternoon, their teacher asked Baekhyun to lock up the room so he purposely stayed, helps their teacher with her things to the faculty and closes up. What he didn’t expect is to see Kyungsoo waiting for him outside.

 

He’s leaning against the wall, a rose trapped between two fingers while staring at Baekhyun with the most gorgeous smile he’s ever seen. Baekhyun’s heart thumped loudly against his chest as he tries not to make the smile on his face show. “K-Kyungsoo?”

 

“Hey.” Kyungsoo takes a few steps until he’s standing right in front of him. Then he gives the rose to him. “For you.”

 

Holy .

 

Baekhyun accepts it with shaking fingers. , Kyungsoo just gave him a present for Valentines. , he can die happy now. , did Kyungsoo finally noticed his feelings? Holy . If ever Kyungsoo confessed to him right now, he doesn’t think he can last long without fainting. And to think something so cliché could happen in real life!

 

“A friend of mine wanted to give this to you.” Kyungsoo added while scratching the back of his neck.

 

And just like that, the fantasy he has inside his head died.

 

Kyungsoo takes a step back with his hands stuffed inside his pockets, a smile still plastered on his face. And slowly he turns around and finally walks away. Baekhyun watches his retreating back and looks down on the rose in his hand.

 

“Stop getting your hopes up.” He whispers to himself as a bitter smile makes way on his face. “Idiot.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, wow. What’s that?”

 

Baekhyun takes the note inside his locker and examines it with brows furrowed. Kwanghee peeks from the other side behind him while Dongjun simply hums in confusion, their hands linked from behind Baekhyun. “It looks like one.” Dongjun mutters.

 

Baekhyun flips the note open and reads the content. As he goes on, he blushed.

 

“Ah, Baekhyunnie’s first love letter.” Dongjun coos. “Our little baby is growing up as time passed by.” He sniffs. “I’m so proud.”

 

“I wonder who?” Kwanghee hums.

 

Imagine Baekhyun’s surprise when he sees that it was Suho behind the letter. He’s leaning against the oak tree, looking up at the sky as if waiting for someone. It’s past four and everyone’s about to go home for classes are already over. Baekhyun clears his throat to get his attention and shakily lifts his hand to wave at him. “Hey.”

 

“Oh, you came!” Suho straightens himself and beams. “Baekhyun, I can’t believe you came.”

 

Baekhyun flashes him a shaky smile.

 

 

 

 

 

Suho’s officially his boyfriend now. That means, all of his trips with his friends, he’s obliged to go.

 

Their first kiss happened in the bonfire.

 

Kyungsoo was singing softly to something Chanyeol was playing on his guitar. It’s an acoustic version of Collide and everyone is swaying and listening at his melodious voice.

Please log in to read the full chapter