Prompt 84 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: polar opposite twins!kyungsoo and twins!baekhyun fall in love amidst the chaos happening in their life.

Word Count: 5596

 

Kyungsoo thinks that in this modern world, things such as arrange marriages are nothing but myths and fairy tales that he sometimes gets to see on books and fictions. Things changed, however, when he finds himself sitting in front of another family with exaggerated wide smiles and hands clasped together in happiness.

 

“I’m getting what?”

 

“You’re getting married to none other than, Baekhyunnie here.” His mother chirps beside him. Her perfect manicure nails were seen in view as she gestures to the shy and quiet blond male in his tailored black suit looking so small and out of place. The parents of the guy is literally shining in excitement. Kyungsoo tries hard not to grimace. “I’m sure you two will definitely get along.”

 

Kyungsoo shifts his eyes at the blonde male only to find the other staring at him. Feeling shy all of the sudden, Kyungsoo turns his eyes away and looks at the potted plant behind them. The young prince of the eastern region is really cute, honestly speaking, and if ever Kyungsoo gets to wed someone like Byun Baekhyun it’s probably not that bad.

 

“How about you two go ahead and get yourself acquainted?” The Queen giggles and gives his son a gentle push. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “Go out in the gardens and get to know each other while we talk here regarding the details of your marriage.”

 

“Yes, yes.” The King chuckles and lifts his glass of wine after taking a sip. “Ah, Seungchan. Your present tastes lovely.”

 

Chairman Do grins. “I got a thousand of those back in my villa. Would you like to come by some time to get a taste of my lovely collection, your highness?”

 

“That would be wonderful!”

 

Standing there looking awkward and lost, both boys looked at each other before breaking out into small grins. Baekhyun gestures at the huge doors near them. “Do you want to check out the gardens, Kyungsoo-sshi? I think you’ll love it.”

 

“That would be great.” He answers. Anywhere else is fine rather than here.

 

His first initial thought of Baekhyun is cute. Upon getting to know the person, he thinks he’s adorable. Cute and adorable is even an understatement on what he is. Baekhyun is shy most of the time and he understands because he too is shy around people he just first met. He’s graceful and soft. ing hell, Byun Baekhyun is too soft that he wanted to grab him and stuff him inside his pocket to hide him away from the cruel world.

 

Just as he was to follow the young prince to the daffodils that he described, he feels his phone vibrate in his coat pocket. Quickly, he pulls it out only to frown upon reading whose it from.

 

Mother:

Ask him out for a date this Wednesday. I’ll tell Soonmin to clear out your schedule for you.

 

When he looks up, he’s surprised to see the young prince looking at him with eyes shining in curiosity. Kyungsoo blinks twice and gives him a small smile of reassurance. “Your highness,”

 

“Yes?”

 

Slowly, he takes a few steps forward so he’s a few inches away from the young prince. Baekhyun’s cheeks dusted pink at how close they are. Kyungsoo finds himself mentally cooing at the sight. “Would you like to go out with me somewhere this Wednesday?”

 

Baekhyun looks like he’s hesitating or contemplating on something before finally, he nods as an answer. “That would be wonderful, Kyungsoo-sshi. And please, call me Baekhyun. I mean, if… we’re going to be…” He blushes. “…husbands someday, I think we should get started by calling each other by names, first.”

 

“Okay.” Kyungsoo slowly nods. “I understand, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun blushes harder.

 

Yes, this is a loveless marriage but Kyungsoo has a feeling that it’s not that hard to fall in love with a person like Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

“My life is ruined!”

 

Baekhyun sighs and flips on his book. “What now, Baekhyun?”

 

Byun Hyun Baekhyun, loosens his tie and slams his twin brother’s door close the moment he enters. Gone were the perfectly styled blonde hair and is now a disheveled mess probably from all the finger combs and hair pulling he did. Hyun does this always whenever he’s frustrated and stressed.

 

“Baek-hyung.” Hyun jumps on his older twin brother’s kind-size bed, his lips curled into a pout. “Baek-hyung, can you believe them? Mom and Dad got me in an arranged marriage without my consent!” The red haired male looks at his brother with a nonchalant expression and shrugs. That only made the whines double. “Baek-hyung!”

 

“What do you want me to do about it?” Baek huffs and rolls over so that he’s facing his brother. He has his cheek on his knuckles, elbows propped up on the mattress. Hyun looks at him with watery eyes. “So what? Is the guy you’re gonna marry an or something?”

 

“No.” Hyun shakes his head then pauses. “In fact, he’s very cute.”

 

“If he’s cute, why are you complaining?” Baek deadpans. “You should rejoice because finally somebody is going to take your –“

 

“He’s cute, but I don’t love him.” Hyun sighs and slumps down. “I don’t want to get married to someone that I don’t love, hyung.” There was a pause before he continues. “You know, sometimes I envy you. You can do whatever you want in your life and Mom and Dad is okay with it while I’m…”

 

Baek looks at his brother. Technically, they’re the royal family, but it wasn’t like before where their word is the law. It’s like they’re just the royal family because their ancestors are and from their long lineage of family. But still, the people on the East respects them and treat them as they are regardless if they’re associated with the government or not. Even then, the responsibilities of the royal is still countless and in due time, Hyun will be the one replacing their father.

 

If anything but, Baek is the one who’s jealous over his brother. The Queen and the King never did spare him the attention that he craves. Hyun was their favorite and he knows it’s not his brother’s fault though there were times Baek would really love to kick his brother on the head and leave then never turn back. Baek sighs and looks down on his book before slamming it shut.

 

“You want me to act as your double again?” Baek sighs.

 

Hyun’s ears perk up. “Yes, please.”

 

Baek groans and sits up, scratching the back of his head. “I really don’t want to do this, but won’t Mom and Dad notice? Even if I dye my hair blonde, they will still know that I’m the one with them not you. You know how perceptive Mom is.”

 

“It’s just one date.” Hyun crawls closer to his brother. “You have to get everything done in one date and that’s on Wednesday. I don’t want to disappoint Mom and Dad so if we’re going to break this marriage, he has to be the one backing out.” Baek rolls his eyes and groans long. “Please, please, please hyung! You’re my only hope!”

 

Baek clamps his eyes shut and opens one eye. “What if I don’t succeed?”

 

“Hyung, are you serious?” Hyun pinches his cheek. Baek yelps. “I’ve been on five different arrange marriages and every single one of them is broken because of you. I doubt the sixth one will be different.”

 

“You’re making my ego inflate a bit.”

 

“I’m just stating the truth.”

 

Baek hums, thinking. “So what’s in it for me?”

 

“Just ask anything you want.” Hyun grins. “I’ll convince Mom and Dad to do it for you.” He reaches out a hand for his brother to shake. “So deal?”

 

“Fine.” Baek nods and shakes on it. “Deal.”

 

 

 

 

 

An alarm breaks out after one shrill cry of a woman in the middle of the casino. Midgame of blackjack, CEO of a sardine company was shot dead straight in the head that got the woman on his lap screaming like mad. People started to panic and ran in disarray, screaming and shouting for help. Chaos ensued and in a matter of minutes, the casino guards surrounds the area.

 

Amidst the terror, a black haired male slips in the confusion and walks out of the casino unharmed. The murder weapon wasn’t found. There were no evidences and there were no witnesses.

 

It wasn’t a mystery why he’s the best hitman in the underground.

 

“You did it. ing, hell. I can’t believe it.” Kim Namjoon, Chairman of a huge music company, slumps on his swivel chair looking relieved as hell. “No wonder they call you the Angel of Death.” He takes the envelope out containing first-hand pictures that he took after the deed was done. “No one is going to harass our Jimin again.” He looks up at the man. “Thank you, D.O.”

 

D.O gives a non-committed hum. “I don’t need your gratitude. I need the money in my account.”

 

“Yes, yes… of course.” Namjoon nods frantically. “I already have someone put the money in your account. I’ll add the additional money as soon as possible.” He stood up and bows his head in gratefulness. “Thank you very much!”

 

D.O doesn’t say anything else and leaves the room.

 

When he came back on headquarters, he was greeted with a very enthusiastic Park Chanyeol, bouncing over his seat after he leaves his silver gun on the sofa. The room smells of booze and cigarettes and it wasn’t helping that their youngest, Sehun, was the one doing the smoking. D.O frowns.

 

“I thought I told you to quit smoking.” He hits the boy on the head making said boy groan.

 

Sehun pouts. “It’s just one.”

 

“He’s lying.” Minseok smirks. “He’s already on his third stick.”

 

“Hyung, I trusted you!”

 

“Anyways, I saw the money you deposited on boss’s account.” Chanyeol lowly whistles. “5 million USD? Seriously? That’s a huge money. Who’s the big shot client?”

 

“Kim Namjoon.” D.O sighs. He presses a button behind the potted plant. It opens up a secret storage inside the huge book shelves that is filled with armory and weapons. Slowly, he opened up his case and places back his prized sniper on its place. He even wiped the carved words D.O in the middle. “Apparently, one of his artist was caught on a -tape with one of the producers in the company. A ert got it and started harassing the singer for a good .”

 

Chanyeol raised a brow. “So what happened to the ert?”

 

D.O cranes his neck and smirks. “Check the news later.” Deeming the storage locked, he looks around and takes off his coat and tie, hanging on it on the rack before going over to where Minseok is seated on the couch. He’s nursing a glass of gin and he generously offered his drink to him but he declines. He’s got enough drinks for one day. “Where’s Boss?”

 

“Probably ing.” Minseok takes a sip. “Kris is here.”

 

Kris Wu, the boss’s boyfriend. He’s not aware of the true nature of their work and the boss wants to keep it that way. D.O doesn’t understand how someone as ruthless and brutal as their boss can be so infatuated with a normal person. Because of that tard, they have to pretend like everything in their dandy little mansion that they’re normal citizens in this country. Chanyeol even has to pretend that he’s a veterinarian even if he’s allergic to dogs.

 

“I heard them doing the nasty when I’m in my room.” Sehun shudders. “Yuck.”

 

But who is he to complain? Without the boss, he would have been nothing.

 

The huge doors open startling the people inside the office. Kim Junmyeon looked composed and – ing hell, he’s glowing – proper as if he wasn’t being ed to oblivion by his boyfriend. He clears his throat and smiles at them, showing his collarbones that were filled with love bites. “I’m so happy to see you back, D.O. I saw the money that you deposited in the account. I’m impressed.”

 

“It was an easy job, anyway.” He shrugs.

 

Junmyeon smiles at him like a proud Dad. “Anyways,” He looks at the other members, the smile still intact on his face. “While Kris is sleeping, I’d like to discuss our next mission as fast as I can since I don’t know if ever I’ll be available later. Kris is staying the night so be good.”

 

Sehun whines. “Again?”

 

Chanyeol nudges on his ribs to keep him quiet.

 

“Moving on,” He locks the door and turns the lights off. “Minseok.”

 

The older male presses a button on the remote, the sports channel changing into some kind of map overview of a place. D.O furrows his brows then his eyes went wide, turning to their boss. “Is that the layout of the Eastern Palace?”

 

Junmyeon snaps his fingers. “Bingo.” He grins. “This is going to be our biggest heist yet, children.” He taps on the screen, the next picture showing. The layout of the map is now in full detail. “We’re going to kidnap the Eastern Prince, Byun Baekhyun. Two days of the boy’s disappearance, we’re going to post a public ransom letter for the royals to fulfill. Let’s see how much they value their beloved prince so much.”

Please log in to read the full chapter