Prompt 17

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: something more about prompt 15

Word Count: 1712

 

Baekhyun groans loudly when he arrives at the station. Totally opposite of what he looked like when he was about to go to the scene, Joonmyeon expected this to happen. After all, nobody can ever catch notorious mafia leader D.O and his heists of crime and murder. Even the energetic Byun Baekhyun is feeling worn out already.

 

“I feel sick.” He groans. Joonmyeon can only offer him a pat on the back. “He got away again. That bastard.” He grits his teeth. “I had him in my hands.” He mimicked a choking motion with his hands. “I was this close!”

 

Joonmyeon rolls his eyes. “Let me guess. He –“

 

“Did a reversal and knocked you out.”

“Did a reversal and knocked me out!”

 

Baekhyun looks up at Joonmyeon and whines. “Why does it always happen every time? That was a judo throw. I can tell with his stance and the way he holds me.” He raises a finger. “But at least, I did something that damaged that bastard.”

 

“Err?”

 

Baekhyun smirks and pulls out a bloodied pocketknife that was wrapped around in thick white clothing. “Got him grazed on his arm during our confrontation. Pretty neat, huh? I, Officer Byun Baekhyun, is the first person to even get a close –“

 

“Oh, . Seriously?” Joonmyeon stares at the bloody knife in awe. “This is awesome, Baekhyun! There’s a possibility that chief might transfer you to team Alpha. You’re gonna get a promotion, buddy! Let’s celebrate!”

 

Baekhyun sniffs and flashes a smug smile. “Oh, this is nothing. I will only celebrate if I finally got that bastard D.O locked up on jail cell. And I swear, I will personally be the one in charge when the time comes I’ll see him sitting on an electric chair.”

 

Joonmyeon grins. “Can we go out for some drinks anyway? He might got away, but at least he’s not the flawless criminal anymore now that he’s finally got a match.” He winks.

 

“Hell, yeah.” Baekhyun smiles giddily. “Wait, till I tell Kyungie about this!”

 

 

 

 

 

“, he almost got me.”

 

“Well, it is entirely your fault in the first place.” Yixing, their personal doctor, told him with a chuckle. He continues on with the stitches needed on the young boss’ arm. “I told you not to take it easy. Just because he’s your fiancée doesn’t mean you should let your guard down. After all, outside of the house, he’s a threat to expose your identity.”

 

“I was just teasing him.” Kyungsoo groans and leans back. Yixing hisses. “Sorry.”

 

“Don’t move too much.” The doctor continues with his work.

 

Their conversation was interrupted by a loud phone call. Kyungsoo pulls out his phone and sees it as Baekhyun, the picture of his smiling face flashing on the screen with a peace sign. He accepts the call and presses the phone against his ear. “Hi.”

 

“Hi, gorgeous. I’m going out drinking with the others just to let you know.”

 

“That’s great! I really think you should go. Stress has been keeping you sulky lately.” He clears his throat to cover a groan when Yixing dabs cotton on his just not stitched wound. “Don’t drink too much, don’t entertain other guys and have fun.”

 

“Of course, baby. And hey, just to remind you, the guys are planning on giving me a bachelor party this Saturday, so I think… that you should… have one, too.”

 

Yixing smirks. “Oh, a bachelor party, he say?” Blast this guy for having good hearing. They’ve met before, Yixing and Baekhyun, and the latter thinks that Yixing’s just his co-worker at the audit firm. “We’re actually way ahead of you but Kyungsoo’s just too chicken to tell you about it.”

 

“Seriously?!”

 

Kyungsoo flashed him a deathly glare. “I have no idea, I swear. I, too, am just as surprised as you are. But seriously, no bachelor parties for me. Too busy to do that.”

 

“It’s okay… I think. Because aren’t bachelor parties normal for people before they get married? So uhm… go for it.”

 

“Okay, okay.” Kyungsoo pinches the bridge of his nose. “Just go and have fun tonight, baby. Love you.”

 

“Ditto~ I’ll see you later at home.”

 

Once the call ended, Kyungsoo gave Yixing a stern glare. “Be thankful you’re my childhood friend and a great asset to this group or else I would have chopped your balls off and attached it to your forehead.” When Yixing laughs, Kyungsoo growls. “And I meant every word.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter