Prompt 55

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make a fic about Pup Baek and Vet Soo

Word Count: 1796

 

Baekhyun’s vision were blurry as he looks faintly at the passing wall. He can feel hands softly touching his sides and they hurt a bit. He has trouble breathing, his mouth parted open for air. He can’t feel his legs and his limbs are so sore. His head is throbbing, even a whine of pain can’t come out of his mouth.

 

The wheels stopped and he’s under bright lights.

 

A prick of something pointy penetrated his skin at the back.

 

Then Baekhyun sees black.

 

 

 

 

 

“His injuries are so severe. We can only do this much.”

 

“Fractured bones and a major head injury.”

 

“Poor pup.”

 

“What is going on?” Baekhyun fights to open his eyes but he can’t. “What is happening?”

 

“There’s only one way to save him. To end his misery, we just have to euthanize him.”

 

“Poor pup. To have such a cruel fate.”

 

“E-Euthanize? What does that even mean?” Baekhyun ponders under his blurred of thoughts. He remembered the shop owner from where he came from said that word and his mother had been crying her goodbyes to them. Is this euthanize thing painful? Because he doesn’t want to feel that. It’s painful enough already.

 

“Get the kit ready. Kim, go alert the people outside that we’ll have to do the procedure after their approval.”

 

“Yes, doctor.”

 

“No, please…” Baekhyun desperately opens his eyes. “Please…”

 

Suddenly, there was a loud burst coming from the door. “We don’t approve.” There were sounds of footsteps nearing Baekhyun. He listens carefully. “I don’t approve. This is blasphemy. You’re all experts at this field and yet, you’re thinking of euthanasia as an answer to everything?”

 

“Mr. Do… clearly we have no other choice. You have to understand that Baekhyun is suffering enough.”

 

“So you won’t give him another chance, is that it?”

 

There was silence. “Did they leave?” Baekhyun thought.

 

“Get the team inside. Tell Park to take care of the papers. Baekhyun will be under our care from now on.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know what’s happening but when he finally got to open his eyes a bit, he sees a blurred image of the most beautiful person he’s ever seen. His wide eyes were looking down on him and his plump lips were smiling. Baekhyun wanted to wag his tail out of excitement, but he can’t move his body. All he could do is look at him and plant the image in his mind as quickly as possible.

 

“Don’t worry, Baekhyunnie.” He whispers. “We’ll make the pain go away.”

 

Baekhyun’s vision is dimming again.

 

“My angel.”  

 

 

 

 

 

>> 2 months later

 

“The woman who threw little Baek at the train tracks is sentenced to jail and 15 years of animal ban. The judge is too foolish. He should have agreed on the 2 year sentence instead of 1 year in jail.” Chanyeol hums and then turns around on his swivel chair. “What do you think, Soo?”

 

“As long as she’s being punished for what she had done, then I’m good.” Kyungsoo pauses on typing when he heard the red buzzer coming from Baekhyun’s room. He takes off his glasses and runs a hand down his face. Chanyeol has his eat-ting grin on.

 

“Take care of the things I left, I need to go.”

 

“Say hi to Baekhyunnie for me.” Chanyeol waves. Kyungsoo shakes his head and waves in dismissal.

 

SM Association is an animal protection company and a shelter that is running under the name of the founder and president, Lee Sooman. They specialize in saving animals from mistreatment, helping them get a new family and taking care of them when they are sick. There’s also a special sector that is kept secret – that’s where his cousin Sehun is. They specialize on going under illegal animal businesses and puts a stop to them.

 

Kyungsoo, however, is a vet.

 

“Hey, Baekhyunnie.” He coos.

 

The little Maltese Shih Tzu hybrid pup wags his tail and puts his paw on the glass cage. His tongue is out and it’s messily the glass when Kyungsoo nears him. Kyungsoo playfully taps the glass. Baekhyunnie barks but he can’t hear from the soundproof glass. Probably from the animal watch department, the person in charge of monitoring Baekhyun will hear that excited yip.

 

He swipes his ID card and poof, the glass opens. And just like that, he go

Please log in to read the full chapter