Prompt 40

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: broken baeksoo (use your magic, author-nim!)

Word Count: 1408

 

It’s been a week since Kyungsoo filed for divorce.

 

“I won’t sign them.”

 

Baekhyun slams his hands on the table after reading the papers that were handed to him by his husband. “I won’t ing sign those goddamn papers!” He screams. Kyungsoo doesn’t flinch nor wince but holds his unfazed expression. “We’re gonna make this work, Soo.” He whispers tenderly. Kyungsoo doesn’t buy it. “We’re going to make this work!”

 

Kyungsoo sighs and silently takes the documents, sliding them in the brown envelope before leaving the dining room not getting the chance to see the desperate look on Baekhyun’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

Their first day after that encounter, Baekhyun spots Kyungsoo working on the coffee maker. He smiles and quietly tiptoes, surprising him with one big hug from the back. Usually, Kyungsoo would giggle and turn around to give him a big kiss good morning. Today, Kyungsoo continues on his task without even giving him a single glance.

 

“Good morning.” Baekhyun chirps. “Is that coffee you’re making?”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t answer. Baekhyun doesn’t seem to be affected by this and continues on talking in glee.

 

“You should put creamer on mine, okay?” Baekhyun moves away to take the loaf of bread in the pantry along with the butter. “And sugar. A cube or two would be fine.” He grins. But when he turns his head, he sees Kyungsoo pouring himself a cup – that customized cup he got Kyungsoo for their anniversary – while his were… his cup wasn’t even taken out. Despite this, Baekhyun pulls out a smile.

 

“You forgot mine, silly.” Baekhyun reaches past him to get his cup and places it on the counter next to Kyungsoo. But just as he does, Kyungsoo was already moving away while nursing his cup of coffee. Baekhyun sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo started sleeping downstairs.

 

At first, Baekhyun strictly told him not to so Kyungsoo ended up lying beside him for the beginning of the night but somehow it seems like his husband developed a habit of waking up around two in the morning to move downstairs on the couch and sleep there.

 

Somehow the thought of his husband unable to get some sleep beside him hits him to the core.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun looks at him while they eat dinner. It’s been two months since then and Kyungsoo remained unresponsive. He still prepares breakfast for two and does all the little chores for Baekhyun but he never acknowledges the man’s presence.

 

It hurts because Baekhyun has done nothing but pour all of his attention and efforts to shower Kyungsoo his love – for trying to make this relationship work. But all he gets was none. Especially now that Kyungsoo quit his job and is now staying at home most of the time, Baekhyun and he should have been doing something productive now. However, nothing is happening because Kyungsoo is ignoring him and sometimes leaving without even telling him where he’s going.

 

“Put an effort to it.” Their marriage counselor had told him when Kyungsoo was out. “If you think your marriage is still worth the risk, then you have to put everything of you out there even if you get hurt throughout the process of it all.”

 

So Baekhyun also quit his job in hopes to save his marriage.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tried bring

Please log in to read the full chapter