Prompt 41 - d

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make an angel!au fic for baeksoo either it be angel b or angel k or angel anyone

Word Count: 3344

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes. He shudders at the feeling of cold air making him curl up and pull the covers close up on his shoulders. He shivers lightly and inches closer to the warmth next to him. Kyungsoo inhales deeply and exhales in his sleep, a hand placed on his chest and the other lying idly on the side. Baekhyun grins and hides half of his face with the duvet in embarrassment.

 

It was a very good morning indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, man. I’m so glad I had a proper sleep last night.” Kyungsoo groans once seated on his chair in the dining room. He sniffs twice and wraps his fingers on the handle of his mug before lifting it up and taking light sips. He sighs in contentment then looks at the elder whose busy fixing up the plates on the table. “Did you have a good night sleep?”

 

Baekhyun looks down and blushes. “Yeah.”

 

Kyungsoo flushed red and smiles. “I’m glad.”

 

Baekhyun clears his throat after finishing his task and looks around. “Where’s Luhan, by the way? Still hasn’t gotten up?” He shakes his head. “That sleepyhead.” He looks at his husband. “Should I go wake him up or should I let him sleep some more?”

 

“You should wake him.” Kyungsoo answers after taking another sip of his coffee. “It’s already eight in the morning. Plus, we’re going somewhere.” He paused for a moment. “I want to go somewhere… the three of us.”

 

Baekhyun raised his brow then pushes. “Where?”

 

“I want to show Luhan around.” Kyungsoo grins. “I did promise him one time. It turns out the kid hasn’t gotten to any places I’ve told him about in my stories of my weird misadventures during my teenage years. Poor boy.” He sighs. “His parents must have been neglecting him. Still no reports, I reckon?”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head in disappointment. “None. I called the police department once and they told me they haven’t had any news.” He also asked to talk to Officer Suho but the police he was talking to then answered in confusion. He left it out of the conversation thinking that it’s not that important to tell Kyungsoo anyway.

 

Before Baekhyun could move on his way, Kyungsoo calls his name. He stops. “What if…” He pauses for a moment. “It’s been on the back of my mind ever since I found Luhan under the car that… what if…” He looks up and sees his husband staring at him, waiting for him to finish. “What if Luhan’s parents aren’t really looking for him?”

 

Baekhyun shrugs. “Well, then we should be the one to issue a search warrant for his parents.”

 

“No like… what if…” Kyungsoo leans forward. “What if they don’t want to be found? Like what if they just left Luhan out here… for good?”

 

Baekhyun stiffens. His heart ached at the thought. “T-That’s… What are you saying, Kyungsoo? That’s horrible.”

 

“I can’t see no other way here, Baek.” Kyungsoo leans his back on the chair and sighs. “If Luhan’s parents are desperately searching for him then they would have reported at the police station and demand to see the people that has their son, but no. We got none.” He looks traces the rim of his mug. “It’s almost 2 months, Baek. Still no news.”

 

“Then… what are you suggesting?”

 

“If there’s no news about Luhan’s parents, we….” Kyungsoo reaches out his hand which Baekhyun meets half-way. They thread their fingers together. “I was hoping if we could –“

 

Sounds of light footsteps interrupted their conversation. With a loud yawn and a sniff afterwards, Luhan blinks wearily and looks at the food on the table. When he sees his favorite pancake and maple syrup, his eyes went wide then he beams. “Good morning!” He looks at the couple with a bright grin. “Good morning!”

 

“Morning, kid.” Baekhyun chuckles softly. He lets go of Kyungsoo’s hand and approaches Luhan to give the boy a quick ruffle on the hair. “Breakfast is already waiting. Come on.” Luhan exclaims in happiness and immediately runs towards his place in the dining table, completely happy and excited at the thought of food. The couple laughs softly at the sight.

 

“Do you want some milk?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

“Yes, please.” Luhan nods.

 

“I’ll go get it ready for you.” Baekhyun winks and went to the kitchen. He passed by Kyungsoo on the way and lets his hand trail on his jaw then leans down to give the man a kiss on the forehead. Kyungsoo chuckles to himself and drinks his coffee.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan looks around in awe. He inhales deeply and exhales with a loud sigh at the smell of fresh chocolate and that strong drink Kyungsoo hyung’s always drinking during breakfast – coffee, was it? Luhan skips around and looks at every decoration in sight. He flashes a smile and waves at the customers. Other times answering questions when the elderly asks him.

 

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?”

 

Baekhyun sighs and looks around the beauty that is his coffee shop. “Yeah.”

 

They stopped at the counter with Luhan beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun hears the familiar sound of his brother ordering the few employees to do their job quietly (because this is a café not a wet market.) Kyungsoo lifts Luhan up in his arms and lets him do the honors to ring the bell with his palm on the counter. Luhan giggles at the sound. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun laugh at how adorable the kid looks. It doesn’t take long before his brother appears to meet them in the counter. His eyes went wide when he sees Baekhyun then he started laughing.

 

“Well, guess whose back from the dead. Baekhyun!” Baekbom, his big brother, leans on the counter and wraps him in a tight hug startling him. He was about to give the same hug to his brother-in-law but then he noticed the child hanging off his arm. “Ah, and who’s this?”

 

“This is Luhan.” Kyungsoo grins. “He’s –“

 

“We’re looking after him… possibly for a long time.” Baekhyun completes. Kyungsoo looks at his husband with a brow raised but he’s smiling. So Baekhyun actually knows what he wants to say earlier this morning, he thought. “So you’re gonna have to get used to him every time we visit here in your café.”

 

“You mean your café, brother.” Baekbom grins. He takes off his apron and cranes his head. “Junghwan, come and man the counter.” He looks at the couple with a smile. “I have guests to entertain.”

 

 

 

 

 

“They look cute.”

 

Baekhyun turns his head to where his brother is looking and smiles at the sight of Luhan having fun with the baked goods on the plate and the chocolate fountain in front of him. Kyungsoo laughs in everything that the boy says and lets him feed a bite. “Yeah.” He said not taking his eyes off them. “Yeah, they do.”

 

“So…” Baekbom crosses his arms against his chest. “Since when did you decided to adopt another one.”

 

“We didn’t adopt him.” Baekhyun answers. “He’s a kid that Kyungsoo found at work and we decided to keep him in until we found his parents. But…” He looks down and smiles. “We’re still… Kyungsoo and I have been talking about it – still talking about it, rather.”

 

“So you’ve been planning.” Baekbom slowly nods. Baekhyun sighs. “Hey, look. When are you coming back? Mom and Dad are worried.”


“Baek hyung!”

 

The five year old ran towards them and s a cookie covered with chocolate from the fountain. “Eat!” Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo, who’s watching the whole exchange with a grin, before shifting his attention back at Luhan. “Baek hyung~” Luhan whines. “Eat!”

 

Baekhyun chuckles softly. “Alright, alright.” He leans down and takes a bite. He hums in delight and chews. “This is great!” Luhan giggles and runs off towards Kyungsoo. The man takes the boy in his arms and whispers something in ear that made the boy laugh. Baekhyun watches fondly.

 

“Yeah, I’ll call them.” Baekhyun stands up without waiting for his brother’s response and went to where his husband and Luhan are.

 

Baekbom sighs and chuckles softly.

 

 

 

 

 

Everything is new to Luhan.

 

“Where are you, brat?” Baekhyun roars as he searches everywhere. He looks around in every space that he knows Luhan could hide. He sighs and scratches the back of his head and slings the piece of clothing on his shoulder. “Come out, Luhan!”

 

Luhan clamps his mouth shut and hides his laugh when he pressed himself behind the couch. Baekhyun heard and finally realized where he is. He smirks.

 

“Oh, where could Luhan be?” He dramatically looks around and puts his han

Please log in to read the full chapter