Prompt 63 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: goblin!au kyungsoo is the goblin and baekhyun as the grim reaper

Note: master coconut decided it won’t be canon to the series. Master coconut loves the series too much and the coco doesn’t want to touch that. Some events might be similar because duh this is goblin!au for a reason, but the relationship dynamics and plot backstory will be all made by moi. I am fab (remember that, hoomans.)

Word Count: 2168

 

He doesn’t remember since when did this weird arrangement started with the goblin.

 

Raven hair styled wildly and eyes filled with mirth, Do Kyungsoo, also known as the goblin is found once again rummaging through his fridge. He swore a vein managed to pop on his forehead when said man has his favorite pudding on hand, spoon on his mouth and jutted up while he bends and looks around the small fridge.

 

“What the are you doing here, goblin?”

 

A head pops up and when they make eye contact, Kyungsoo beams. “Oh, reaper! You’re already home! Isn’t that nice?” He looks back in again, wiggling as he does. “So tell me, is business getting weaker these days? You don’t have much in your fridge lately.”

 

“You have your own fridge to hoard into. This is considered as trespassing.”

 

“But I like it here!” Kyungsoo whines. “Your place is better than mine!”

 

“You live in three story mansion with complete set of furniture, polished floors and 100 servants changed every day to do what you order and yet you find my place better than yours. How charming.” He deadpans.

 

The goblin looks back up at him with cheeks puffed and a mouth filled with barbecue sauce. “Pardon?” The grim reaper clamped his eyes shut in order to calm his nerves. He’s been considered as too mature for his age and has the ability to stay calm in dire situations – something that his seniors praised him for and yet this… this stupid goblin managed to snap that into half without even batting an eye.

 

And that was supposed to be his dinner tonight.

 

“Look,” He sighs. “I have a stressful day. Can you get off my case just for tonight?” He said through gritted teeth.

 

“But we were supposed to spend some time together!” Kyungsoo whines. He looks dirty and disgusting looking like that but somehow he managed to look cute with that lower lip curled up and wide eyes widening even more to do that puppy dog look. He sighs and walks to his living room.

 

“Hey, hey~” Kyungsoo follows him. “Comfort me~”

 

“It’s been nearly a decade since I do that. I’m starting to think you don’t put much effort on finding your bride.”

 

“Hey, it’s my life-long mission to find her…” Kyungsoo pauses for a minute. “…or him.” Then follows him to the living room. “I always put an effort to find my bride.”

 

“Well, I really wish you’d find your bride so you can die already.”

 

“I don’t know if you’re saying that it’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

 

“Oh, it’s a good thing.” He mocks a smile. “For me, anyways.”

 

He’s in the middle of taking his coat off when suddenly a wild spoon came flying past his face. It was as if in slow motion, the silver object flies past him – a few centimeters on his nose – and then landing on the wall near him. The head of the spoon is buried half on the wall and the sight has him gaping. He slowly looks at the goblin whose sporting a dead serious expression on his face. The he screams.

 

“I paid a lot of money for that wallpaper!”

 

“I don’t know why.” The goblin said. “But I feel like you’re insulting me.”

 

He raises his hands in surrender, or an attempt to calm him down. “I’ll comfort you, fine. Just… stop.” And just like that, Kyungsoo’s serious expression morphed into a pleased smile.

 

He sighs.

 

He doesn’t remember when this whole thing with the goblin started. All he remembers that the goblin has been a part of his everyday life all of the sudden. No origin or backstory. He doesn’t even remember their first meeting. Strange but as of now, he doesn’t think that it’s important.

 

The grim reaper sighs and ignores the chattering from the kitchen as he hangs his fedora hat on the rack.

 

 

 

 

 

“I think, he’s the killer.”

 

Kyungsoo hums in amusement. “You haven’t lived long enough to know how a killer moves, reaper.” He taps his chin. “If I tell you that the best friend is the killer, would you be surprised?”

 

“That’s absurd.” He makes a noise of displeasure. “He is Yuri’s best friend. That’s impossible! If there’s anyone that’s suspicious it’s the step-mother.” He leans back with brows furrowed. The goblin’s head is lying on his shoulder and their legs are tangled like it’s the most common thing to do. Their friendship is… hard to explain and sometimes the other reapers in his batch because of it.

 

But why would he be affected by those anyway? It’s annoying yes, but if he reacted to it, some might formulate that it might be true. He doesn’t want that. After all, the goblin has a reputation of being a playboy. For centuries, the seniors above him had told him about silly humans wanting to form a relationship with him. A foolish decision especially after seeing some of them drowning in tears whenever the goblin would break things off with them after a few weeks or so.

 

He does fe

Please log in to read the full chapter