Prompt 73 - f

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baekhyun is blind and kyungsoo is too nice for his own good - end

Word count: 4321

 

Kyungsoo jolts awake upon hearing someone whining at the foot of the bed. He just got home four hours ago and his headache is coming in like he had been hit by a huge truck but despite that, the tiny pupper bounces at the edge of his bed, his tail wagging like crazy when he senses Kyungsoo awake. Kyungsoo groans.

 

“Baek, I’m tired.”

 

Baek barks, immediately moving towards the other side of the bed before jumping up, managing to land on his legs. Kyungsoo winces at how sharp his nails are; he makes a memo to bring Baek to the pet salon to groom him. Maybe give the pup a nice warm bath and massage along the way. He could drive there and drop him off right now. He could use two more hours of sleep.

 

Baek whines and his face, Kyungsoo scrunching his face at the feeling, swatting Baek away. “Oh, god. Baek, I swear. You are such a jerk. Why are you doing this to me?” Baek barks as an answer, too close to his ear. Kyungsoo groans again.

 

“Fine.” Kyungsoo sits up and frowns, turns to look down at the five year old Russell Terrier beside him. Four years in and he’s still the same energetic pupper ever. Baek is staring at him, waiting – anticipating as if he knows what Kyungsoo is gonna say. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh at this. “Fine, fine. Get your leash.”

 

As Kyungsoo twists his body and stretches, Baek jumps past him to get his leash somewhere in the living room. He hears a squeak and he knew then that the dog got distracted for a bit there. Kyungsoo chuckles to himself then took this chance to open his unread messages from last night.

 

Over the past four years, a lot had happened.

 

Junmyeon and Jongdae decided to settle down and is currently taking care of two surrogate baby twins named Sungkeun and Sunghwan. It’s a complicated process because Jongdae and Junmyeon each had their on the surrogate, a 50/50 percent chance of waiting and then boom, it happened. They look a lot like Junmyeon though, but the traits shouts Jongdae all over. Probably why they’re asking for Kyungsoo to help them babysit this Saturday.

 

He got to see Yoongi from time to time since his school is just past Kyungsoo’s workplace. He recognizes Kyungsoo when they first crossed paths and calls him “short-hyung” even though he’s a short-stuff himself. But recently, he’s getting busy hanging out that small bouncy kid named, Park Jimin. And what a small world, apparently that kid is Chanyeol’s nephew.

 

Speaking of the man, here’s the surprising part.

 

Park Chanyeol is getting married. Yeah, you heard it right. Park Chanyeol is getting married to the one and only Kris Wu.

 

You’re my best man, right?

Please say yes. I have already written your name on the card.

No backing out.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and sighs, typing out any type of assurance at the older male to calm the down and that yes, he’s going to be best man because he’s got no other choice in a joking manner.

 

Turns out all those drinking sessions started to become dates and those dates ended up with sleepovers. Chanyeol became easy to tease, looking flustered and unbelievably quiet whenever the financial manager would come bursting inside the office department demanding for the useless IT’s to fix the damn server because according to his words, It’s ing up again. Sure Kris still hates their department but he doesn’t hate Chanyeol and it’s because of that Chanyeol became the of all jokes and teases and also the front man in case Kris started to blame them again for the laggy network.

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask this all my life, Chanyeol.”

 

“Okay, shoot.”


“How was with Wu?”

 

Chanyeol looks flabbergasted and furious and he began lecturing the other employees about minding their own business and whatnots. But then a few minutes later, he whispers in a voice only they can hear. “So tight, I swear to god. I’m not going for the other team ever again. I’m staying right here.” Jackson and Mark whoops and it ended up with another lecture from the HR about their department getting out of hand.

 

A week from now, they’re getting married. Time flies by so ing fast and soon they’re going to either get a surrogate or adopt in a blink of an eye. Kyungsoo smiles to himself and sets his phone down just as Baek enters the room with the leash on his mouth.

 

Byun Baekhyun – the moment he stepped out of his life, he suddenly disappeared. Kris told him after that deep conversation about his step-brother that Baekhyun is at Sydney working under Kim Jonghyun. He got to talk to Baekhyun for a while but suddenly, they lost contact. He tells him not to worry though because Baekhyun is staying with a relative on his side of the family but still, he can’t help but worry in the end.

 

It’s awful, really, because there’s never a passing day that Kyungsoo didn’t thought about him. Every nook and corner of his apartment are all remnants of the memories he had with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo even bought the perfume Baekhyun is always using one time. He’s convinced that he’s gone nuts.

 

When he told everyone about his plan to settle down, Jongdae had been the guiltiest of all. So he dragged him out after Junmyeon got Chanyeol to the dancefloor and took a quick smoke.


“I’m sorry.”

 

Kyungsoo hums in confusion. “For?”

 

“Being a jerk.” Jongdae takes a drag and huffs the smoke out of his nose, kicking on the balcony railing from the second floor of the nightclub. Kyungsoo chuckles upon hearing this. Trust Jongdae to feel guilty about everything bad happening to his friends. Even if it’s not his fault, he can’t help but feel like it is – It’s a trait that Junmyeon so wanted to disappear from his then boyfriend.

 

“You weren’t a jerk.” Kyungsoo grins. “You were a supportive friend – an overly supportive friend who’s just looking out for me. And if I could turn back time, I would listen to you.” He sighs. “I really would so if anything but, I should be the one who’s sorry.”

 

“No, I –“ Jongdae groans. “I’m the one who keeps on saying over and over that Baekhyun’s going to leave you so you got this mentality of fearing of being left behind. ing hell, Kyungsoo. I’m the one who’s sorry for everything. Because if I didn’t plant that in your head, you wouldn’t be –“

 

“Desperate?”

 

Jongdae stills. “No…” He drawls, tapping the ashes on the cigarette. “I was gonna say depressed.”

 

There was a minute of silence before Kyungsoo breaks out, chuckling. “I’ve decided to settle down because I just think dating isn’t for me, you know. I mean, I’m looking at the positive things and they say, no relationship means less stress.” He gave Jongdae a playful punch on the shoulder. Jongdae smiles while he takes a drag. “Plus, Chanyeol’s been adamant on getting me to adopt a dog or something.”

 

“I think you should.”

 

Kyungsoo laughs.

 

It’s just really sad because out of all the people he’s been with, Baekhyun had been the one who gave him a huge impact in life. But he needs to learn that there’s some things that aren’t meant to be. He refused to face it so he learned it the hard way.

 

Baek jumps on the bed and pounces on him snapping out of his daze. When he sees the pupper all ready and set, Kyungsoo gives the terrier a soft pat on the head before getting out of bed to freshen up for the daily walk.

 

Life goes on – with or without Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo had to travel all the way to Jeju for Kris and Chanyeol’s wedding. He feels like he’s at the setting of that American show “How I met your Mother” upon seeing the whole place. He doesn’t even know such inn exists like wow. Kris really put all his money on this ceremony.

 

“Oh, god. You’re here.” He squeaks when he felt big arms wrapped around his torso. From an outsider’s view, they look like a beef flavored shawarma with cheese since Kyungsoo’s wearing a yellow hoodie. Chanyeol squeezes him even tighter making him gasp. “I thought you weren’t coming. I keep getting these weird visions that you weren’t so I was –“

 

“Are you even hearing yourself, seriously?” Kyungsoo said after pushing Chanyeol away from him. He makes a show by dusting his clothes off of Chanyeol’s germs. “I’m the best man. There’s no way I’m not gonna come here.”

 

“You just wanted to wear the tuxedo –“

 

“It came from Paris, alright?” Kyungsoo points at him. “Tell your fiancée thank you for that, by the way.” Chanyeol sighs and nods, pursing his lips. “So how many are coming today? I see a lot of people and last time I checked the internet, the chapel in here is just uh…”

 

“Small?” Chanyeol grins. “Yeah, I know. But we’re not getting married inside the chapel, come on. We moved the venue at the inn’s backyard. The view’s great and the guys won’t be hassled by doing the decorations. If you don’t know what I mean, you should definitely check the place out. It’s awesome.” The taller stuffs inside his pockets and sighs, looking around. “Well, it’s mostly my side of the family that’s coming. Yifan’s family is kind of…”

 

Kyungsoo nods. It’s a modern day era today but there’s still a few people who’s really against these kind of relationships. Kyungsoo remembers his Dad who gave him a bruised eye when he told him about his uality. His mom is neutral with it – she doesn’t hate it nor does she like it.

 

“But his cousin is coming.” Chanyeol grins. “Can’t wait for you guys to meet. Henry’s an awesome guy. Who knows, maybe you two would hit it off?”

 

“Woah, there.” Kyungsoo waves his hand in dismissal. “Not gonna go there again. I’m already committed to someone, remember?” He bends down to the carrier that’s on the floor and out comes Baek, wagging his tail and sniffing the air. Chanyeol coos in delight at the sight. “He’s like an overgrown kid, I swear. Can’t leave him alone even for a second.”

 

“Well,” Chanyeol grunts when he lifts the dog and places it against his chest, giving his head a few pats. “I got the suit ironed for you little man. The ring bearer needs to be cute, after all.”

 

Baek yips.

 

And here’s the question that Kyungsoo’s been dying to tell. Kyungsoo fidgets about, biting his lower lip anxiously while Chanyeol’s still distracted with Baek. After failing to count how fast his heart is pounding, Kyungsoo clears his throat to get Chanyeol’s attention. “Anyways, Chanyeol-ah.” He trails. “Will he be coming today?”

 

There was a beat of silence before Chanyeol sighs. “I don’t know.” He answers, knowing fully well who this “he” Kyungsoo is referring about. Kyungsoo tries hard not to show his disappointment upon hearing that. “But what I do know is that Kris did contact him before. I don’t know if he replied, though.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter