Prompt 67 - d

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: mpreg!baeksoo where they’re in rival families. (won’t give the whole prompt because it’ll be like a mini-spoiler)

Word Count: 6991

 

When Baekhyun wakes up, he immediately sighs in relief when he finds himself in his room. He slowly sits up and scratches his head. Ever since that time at the abortion clinic, Baekhyun was thrown in for a rough roller coaster ride of emotions.

 

Looking back at the time, the way Kyungsoo’s eyes are pleading… soft and gentle as he squeezes his wrist. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide and he can’t help the sudden palpitations of his heart. All of the sudden, Kyungsoo looks different… in a good way, unfortunately. Baekhyun still finds his presence annoying, but… he started seeing Kyungsoo a bit differently.

 

He blames this on the pregnancy .

 

They were back to ignoring and avoiding each other ever since he moved in on Kyungsoo’s penthouse. Baekhyun like that, to be honest, but there was something in him that feels dissatisfied from being ignored by Kyungsoo.

 

And again, he blames this on the pregnancy .

 

So he did things that he knows Kyungsoo would hate, even make a rude comment here and there that serves as a cherry on top. Somehow the feeling of Kyungsoo acknowledging his presence once again makes him satisfied. Ever since then, Baekhyun always riles the young heir before he left for work. Victory never tasted so sweet then.

 

But then that call happened and suddenly, Baekhyun finds himself feeling… things.

 

Negative things swirling around his head.

 

He lashed out on Kyungsoo which made the latter shout out,

 

“What’s it to you?”

 

It was a wakeup call.

 

To the world, Luhan is the Chinese Prince. To Baekhyun, he’s a close friend. After his sudden disappearance with the eldest Kim, Baekhyun is the only person who’s in contact with him. They’re apparently staying at a house hidden from a small village that they bought from Luhan’s own money. The struggle they’re currently facing is harsh and rough after they ditch their bank accounts that’s connected with the family money knowing fully well that they’re going to be traced easily if they even so much take out even a single cent. So secretly, Baekhyun helped them.

 

Luhan knows of Baekhyun’s crisis that’s why he did not think twice on coming over despite the risk that will put them through. Baekhyun is under heavy stress and depression isn’t good for the baby.

 

“I know, Kyungsoo isn’t that kind of guy.” Minseok said after hearing what happened. “He’s not the type of person to cheat so –“

 

“Wait, no…” Baekhyun shakes his head. “He didn’t cheat! It’s not…” He looks at Minseok as if he’s crazy. “It’s not like that between him and me. Please don’t be mistaken. I’m not upset because of that!”

 

Luhan sighs and takes his hand. “You’re not fooling anyone, Baek.” He chuckles softly. “Stop pretending and own it.”

 

Baekhyun furrows his brows. “Wait, no… I –“

 

“You need to clear the out of your head first and accept what your heart and mind is telling you.” Luhan smiles. “Trust me, after you do that, everything will clear up.”

 

And it does, kind of…

 

He doesn’t know. He’s still confused.

 

Why is he undergoing flashbacks of what happened yesterday, you wonder? Well, he’s hoping that whatever is happening right now is just a part of his dream. That he wishes that whatever is happening right now isn’t really happening.

 

From the bathroom, Kyungsoo steps out with a white robe wrapped around his body. His raven locks dripping wet that smells of lemon mixed with mint. There’s a droplet of water traveling down his jaw before dropping down the carpet. Baekhyun hates himself for even eyeing said droplet. Damn, you droplet.

 

“What the … are you doing here?” Baekhyun said every word in gritted teeth. Kyungsoo smiles innocently but his eyes are nowhere being innocent.

 

“Hot water isn’t working in the bathroom at my room so until it gets fixed, I’ll be using your bathroom to take a bath.” Kyungsoo raised his brows. “You don’t mind, do you?”

 

“What does this face look like to you?” Baekhyun points at the deep scowl etched on his face. But to his surprise, Kyungsoo coos at him and wiggles his fingers.

 

“Aw, I knew you’d understand.” Kyungsoo winks. “I’d love to play around, but you know… you’re pregnant.” Baekhyun gasps and glares, his face burning again from the meaning behind those words. Kyungsoo cackles. “I’ll see you later, honey.” He purrs and walks out of the room, closing the door with a thud.

 

Baekhyun groans irritably.

 

Oh, why of all people, why does it have to be him?!

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun did a last minute fix on his hair before going out. He has his satchel hanging on his shoulder and his phone out, in the middle of typing a text to Chanyeol. But the moment he descended the stairs, he hears keys jingling. Baekhyun looks up and sees Kyungsoo getting his coat off the rack.

 

“Oh, you’re going somewhere?”

 

“What do you mean?” Kyungsoo furrows his brows and looks at him silly. “It’s supposed to be, we’re going somewhere.” Baekhyun raised a brow. “Check-up, duh. For the baby?”

 

Baekhyun frowns. “Don’t bother. Chanyeol’s already taking me.”

 

“Hey, hey, hey.” Kyungsoo stops him by grabbing his wrist. “Listen, I know… I’ve been a crappy Dad… to you.” He pertains to the bump on his stomach. “But I just want you to know that I want to be a part of everything that’s happening with this whole… pregnancy thing.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. Then he frowns. “Okay, so why now?” He snaps rudely. “I thought you don’t care.”

 

“Like I said before, our parents treated us like crap – tools or whatever you want to call it. I don’t want our baby to experience something horrible like that even if he or she’s still in there. I want to be the kind of parent who’ll stick to our child from the start to finish.” Kyungsoo said. “No ty reason behind it.”

 

Baekhyun looks at him from head to toe… judging… thinking.

 

“Did my brother blackmail you into doing this?”

 

Kyungsoo chokes on air. Baekhyun sighs.

 

Bull’s eye.

 

“Because honestly, he’s the kind of person to do this. We…” He points at himself and to the younger. “…We hate each other. Hell, you even told me that living with me is hell. You can’t blame me for thinking like this. The sudden change surprised me.”

 

Here it is. Baekhyun knows what kind of person Kyungsoo is. He’ll deny this fact and then makes up some cheesy speech that he cares about the baby but in truth, it’s far from it. Kyungsoo doesn’t care. He considers this baby as a mistake. He just stopped the abortion probably because of his brother. He hates Chanyeol for even telling his brother about it.

 

When Kyungsoo didn’t answer, Baekhyun sighs. “Look, just –“

 

“Okay, I admit…” Kyungsoo sighs. “The reason why I stopped you from that abortion clinic is because of that.”

 

Baekhyun stills. Okay, wait…

 

“But the only plan I had in mind then was grab you and get out. But in the middle of that argument we were having, I suddenly realized… how…” Kyungsoo paused to look at him. “How unfair it is coming from our unborn child’s perspective.” He furrowed his brows. “We… ed up, yeah, but we lived our lives and see what has become of the world around us. Killing that baby without giving them a chance is… rather unfair, don’t you think?”

 

As he hears this, Baekhyun can’t help but place his hand on the bump.

 

“But if we kept that baby and let it live with all the ed up things that’s happening to us, that would make things worse. That’s why I…” Kyungsoo paused for a moment. “That’s why I decided to just… look things the different way.”

 

“W-What do you mean?”

 

“Come on, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo has a half-smile on, but his eyes are nervous… pleading. “We can’t keep fighting all the time. We’re going to get married, hell, we’re going to be parents! Do you expect us to still act around like we want to murder each other in front of our kid?”

 

Baekhyun looks down and caresses his stomach. Kyungsoo is right.

 

“Fine.” Baekhyun finally answers. “But this is just for the baby.” He walks past him and snatches the coat off the rack not getting the chance to see Kyungsoo’s smile of triumph.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, you are going so well Baekhyun-sshi.” Dr. Jung smiles at him. (The resting face when they first met has Baekhyun feeling intimidated on his ob-gyn. But after meeting each other more in some check-ups, turns out she’s an awesome doctor.) “I’m really happy that you followed the list of activities I gave you.”

 

“I have nothing to do anyway at home.” Baekhyun chuckles softly.

 

Kyungsoo simply nods absentmindedly. Despite that big speech earlier, Kyungsoo looks utterly bored out of his wits. He looks around with both hands in his pocket, drowning out the words exchanged between the doctor and him. Baekhyun sighs and mentally tries to calm himself down.

 

“Okay, so… you’re now at your second trimester so if possible, I’d like you to come during Mondays, too.” She writes something that’s very hard to read on the paper. Baekhyun just nods. “To be honest, I’m really happy that you two finally came together. I’m actually a big supporter of you two. It’s really endearing to see you Kyungsoo-sshi to leave work on a Thursday to be with Baekhyun-sshi.”

 

Kyungsoo looks like he just broke out of his daze-like state and nods with a big smile. “Thank you very much. I think that the baby is going to look like me, too.”

 

Baekhyun looks at the younger. Did he even heard what she said?

 

“Yes, I think so, too!” Doctor Jung exclaims in glee and claps her hand in delight. Baekhyun’s heard of people supporting them for their union and even made a fanclub about it but Baekhyun think it was just a joke. Baekhyun sighs. “Anyways, I know you two are shy about this so I’ll just say it for you.”

 

And with a big smile, she said. “It’s okay for you two to have .”

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo froze simultaneously.

 

“No, no need to thank me.” Doctor Jung waves her hand in dismissal with a bashful smile. “I know you two have been trying to hold it in, I mean duh, my former patients are like that too so I know very well.” She laughs. Baekhyun awkwardly joins her. “But it’s really okay. during pregnancy is good! I assure you it won’t harm the baby.”

 

“Right, uh… doctor –“

 

“So is good?” Kyungsoo beams and raised his hand like a student would do to a teacher. “Is it okay if I don’t wear a ?”

 

Baekhyun snaps his head to Kyungsoo’s direction with a horrified glare.

 

“Oh, that is basic knowledge, Kyungsoo-sshi.” Doctor Jung said. “Of course, it’s okay. Pregnant people tends to be much more sensitive physically and emotionally. Physically, wearing the love-glove can still be pleasurable but emotionally, no. A psychiatrist friend told me that it’s like they’re feeling pushed away and unloved just because of their physical appearance during pregnancy so it’s advisable to please make your partner feel loved.” Doctor Jung smiles. “And that also includes ually loved.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow. Did she just refer a as a love-glove?

 

“Thank you very much, doctor!” Kyungsoo beams and reaches his hand out for a shake of gratitude to the young ob-gyn. “I am so happy to hear that news.”

 

“It’s what I do, Kyungsoo-sshi.” Doctor Jung happily answers.

 

Baekhyun sighs, ignoring the mirth in Kyungsoo’s eyes when he looks at him.

 

 

 

 

 

The moment they settled themselves inside the car, Kyungsoo grins.

 

“Shall we have ?”

 

“No.” Baekhyun snaps.

 

“Okay, let’s start now.” Kyungsoo leans over and cups Baekhyun’s other cheek and leans over to kiss him but Baekhyun violently pushes Kyungsoo’s head away. Kyungsoo scrunches his face and makes a noise of discomfort.

 

“What the ?!”

 

“Didn’t you hear what she said? is good!” Kyungsoo exclaims.

 

“No, is bad.” Baekhyun points at his baby bump. “This happened because of so no.”

 

“But you’re already pregnant! It’s not like having will make the baby double so…” He yelps when Baekhyun hits his head.

 

“You’re an idiot! How can you think having with me?!” Baekhyun points at himself. “You and I… are not in some intimate kind of relationship. After all, I only tend to have with a person that I love.”

 

Kyungsoo raised his brows in amusement. “Is that why I’m the father of your kid? Because you only have with the person you love?” Baekhyun is blushing at this point and at the same time wants to throw a violent tantrum that involves socking Kyungsoo on the face. But he held it in with a tight smile and shaking hands.

 

“Just – Just ing drive, Kyungsoo.”

 

“But you said you love me! We should celebrate!” Kyungsoo grins making Baekhyun’s annoyance spike up to another level. He backs the car up and turns to the other way. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

 

“Wait, where are we going? Yah, DO KYUNGSOO!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you crazy? Why are we at a roller skating rink?!” Baekhyun shrieks.

 

Kyungsoo shrugs. “Because it has good pizza… duh. Now, come on. It’s still somewhere mid-lunch so people aren’t that plenty here.” Baekhyun opens his mouth to protest but that all died down when Kyungsoo wraps his fingers around his wrist gently and tugs him forward.

 

“I can’t go roller skating, I’m pregnant!” Baekhyun whisper-yells once they’re inside. True enough, there aren’t many people inside.

 

There was a loud wolf-whistle that startled Baekhyun. Kyungsoo turns his head at the direction, which is the roller skate counter, and smirks. “Noona!” He walks over there dragging a helpless Baekhyun behind him.

 

“Oh, if it isn’t the kid.” A heavy-tattooed woman leans her arm on the counter, lazy smirk plastered on her face. “What? You came to have some fun?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide when the woman on the counter tugs Kyungsoo’s collar and pulls him towards her. It was weird and sudden but there was a sudden spark of anger bursting through his system. To his surprise, however, Kyungsoo raised their intertwined fingers in between.

 

“Yah, I’m already taken. Stop messing with me, Yuri-noona.” Kyungsoo grins. “Plus, you already have a girlfriend.” Judging by the exchange, Baekhyun could only draw one conclusion: friends with benefits.

 

Yuri shrugs and looks at Baekhyun with a smirk. “I feel bad for you. To be stuck with that guy forever is hell.” She leans over to Baekhyun and whispers. “Especially with his OCD habits. And how unsatisfying the is with him.” Kyungsoo makes a noise of disapproval. Yuri grins. “Kudos to you.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow.

 

Well, well, well… he thinks he might get along with this woman pretty well.

 

“Right,” Kyungsoo grumbles. “I’m going to need two pairs, please. Thank you very much.” He deadpans. He snatches them when Yuri places them on the counter with a challenging gaze. Before slamming the money on the counter he said, “Mind you, with me is awesome.”

 

Yuri looks at Baekhyun. “And the verdict is?”

 

Baekhyun makes a face. “Yeah,” Yuri raised a brow. “Thought so.”

 

“Ugh,” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and drags Baekhyun away again at the counter. “You know, if you weren’t pregnant, I swear –“

 

“Aw, I was already having fun!” Baekhyun grins. Kyungsoo looks at him with a frown. “Just because we’re in a truce just for the baby doesn’t mean I should be nice to you. Sure we’re not stabbing each other with knives, doesn’t mean I can’t poke you with it.” He smirks. Kyungsoo raised a brow and stills, following the brunette as he sits on the bench and raised his foot. “Put the ing roller blade on me, peasant.”

 

Kyungsoo groans.

 

It’s ing crazy that a pregnant male like him would go roller blading because of Kyungsoo. By doing this, chances of falling is high thus damaging this little human being inside him. So he just pushes himself slowly and holds on the rails at the sides. Even though the rate of falling in here is slim to none because only a few people

Please log in to read the full chapter