Prompt 58 - f

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: a D.I.D baeksoo fic

Word Count: 10357

 

Baekhyun could not believe his eyes. He can’t believe that Kyungsoo is walking around D.O’s room, rummaging through the man’s closet picking clothes. Baekhyun sits there with knees pressed against his chest as he watches. It’s almost comical, Kyungsoo’s face.

 

“It’s been so long since I’ve last come here. Normally when the switch happens, I wake up in my house.” Kyungsoo scrunches his face when he sees another black shirt. “D.O never wants me in his room.”

 

Baekhyun purses his lips. “He doesn’t want me in his room either. I’m here because I have awesome persuasion skills.” He wiggles his brows. Kyungsoo laughs.

 

“But seriously, if you don’t mind me asking… why did you sleep beside him?” There isn’t any hint of humor on that one. In fact, Kyungsoo sounded like he’s jealous. Baekhyun feels giddy at that but tries to contain the smile etched on his face.

 

“I was hoping to wake up seeing your face.” He said. Now that he let it out, he suddenly feels embarrassed. He hides his face on his knees. “Silly, isn’t it?”

 

“I don’t think so.” He lifts his head up and sees Kyungsoo giving him a warm smile. “Waking up seeing your face is the best thing that happened to me so far.” Baekhyun blushes upon hearing that. “Okay, why are all of his clothes black?” Kyungsoo mutters.

 

“You don’t like black?” Baekhyun furrows his brows. “But you look good in black.”

 

“Oh?” Kyungsoo clears his throat. He’s used to colorful sweaters and shirts, but hearing that kind of changed his perspective at the color. “Then maybe…” He picks out a random shirt. “…just this once.”

 

Baekhyun giggles.

 

 

 

 

 

“D.O, the board wants to have a meeting scheduled in –“ Luhan stops midway when he looks up from his phone and sees D.O with his hair messily styled and his glasses gone. He’s giving off that friendly vibe and he’s holding Baekhyun’s hand. Luhan raised his brows. “Kyungsoo?”

 

“Good morning, hyung.” Kyungsoo brightly greets.

 

“Hyung…” Luhan trails. “You’re definitely Kyungsoo.”

 

“You don’t look happy to see me.”

 

“I’m just… surprised.” Luhan began to type on his phone. “I’ll just have to reschedule.”

 

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun. “Hey, can you go to the kitchen first? I’ll talk with hyung for a sec.” Baekhyun furrows his brows and pursed his lips but nods. It was cheesy to look at. As Baekhyun takes a step away, Kyungsoo isn’t letting go. There was a slight moment of push and pull before Kyungsoo finally lets go, giving Baekhyun a smile of adoration. Baekhyun grins and finally makes his way towards the kitchen.

 

“I don’t think you should, hyung.” Kyungsoo said. “This kind of switch happened before and it’s only temporary. I won’t be staying long. It’s not my time.”

 

Luhan sighs and pockets the device in his coat pocket. “When did the switch happen?”

 

“It probably happened when we were asleep.” Kyungsoo holds his chin. “I woke up as myself this morning. It surprised me especially when I saw Baekhyun.”

 

“We have a hunch that it’s happening because Baekhyun’s with you. Every time the shift happens, it’s always because he’s there involved. Didn’t you notice?”

 

“I noticed, but I wasn’t sure not until this morning.”

 

Luhan slowly nods. “Then I’ll go and take care D.O’s work for today. I’ll leave you two alone for some… alone time.” Kyungsoo blushed and looks up at the ceiling. “I’m glad you two made up, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles softly. “Yeah, I’m glad too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stares at the pot with a frown. It’s been 14 minutes and why isn’t the noodles softening up? It should be boiling and ready but no, it’s not. The stove is on mid-level but still, nothing happens. Baekhyun huffs in irritation and folds his arms on his chest. What the hell is going on?

 

“What’s for breakfast? Oh!” Baekhyun squeaks when Kyungsoo wraps his arms around his waist and looks on what he’s doing after setting his chin on his shoulder. “Noodles? Yum.” Baekhyun beams with pride. He knows Kyungsoo hates cereals that’s why he decided to cooked this for breakfast.

 

But then, Kyungsoo noticed the contents. Kyungsoo chuckles in amusement. “Yah, Baekhyun. Are you being serious right now?”

 

“Nothing is happening! I checked everything and –“

 

Kyungsoo pulls away and turns off the stove before opening the handle underneath it and twisting the gas. He turns the stove on once again and this time, it light up. Baekhyun gapes in disbelief.

 

“I swear, I checked.”

 

“Right.”

 

Baekhyun watches silently as Kyungsoo takes two bowls and places them on the table. He noticed how Kyungsoo seems lost and keeps on looking for the other utensils. And when that happens, Baekhyun would step up and help him.

 

Does D.O really hate Kyungsoo this much that their lives has to be completely separate despite them being one and the same? He wonders what the reason is.

 

“I’m sorry for… this.” Kyungsoo said after setting the pitcher of water down. Baekhyun looks at him. “You’ve heard about the disorder, right? That I’m just an identity created by D.O because of his depression.”

 

Baekhyun nearly forgot that. Kyungsoo looked uncomfortable telling this to him so Baekhyun reaches out to touch his arm. “Hey, it’s okay if you don’t tell me this now. Just –“But Kyungsoo ignored this and continues.

 

“Psychologists said that D.O created me because of that and my random appearance was because D.O depended on me. This isn’t the first time that this situation where we are now happened. Actually, it happened a lot back then. I kept popping up randomly.” Kyungsoo takes a seat on the stool and leans his elbow on the island counter. “And because of that, father hated me.”

 

“He doesn’t like me because I’m a rebel. D.O’s not that kind of person.”

 

Ah, that explains his behavior when they saw his father. Baekhyun remembers D.O’s expression and sudden change of behavior.

 

“We used to be so close.” Kyungsoo smiles. “We often talk using video messages. D.O would record himself of what happened to him during weekdays and I would in turn record myself on what I do during weekends.” His expression grew solemn. “But that stopped when something happened…” Kyungsoo doesn’t look like he’s going to explain that in detail. Baekhyun holds his curiosity back. “And he’s still blaming me for that that’s why he hates me.”

 

Kyungsoo reaches out to hold his hands. “I want to tell you more about this whole thing, but my time here is limited.” Baekhyun gives him a look of confusion.

 

“What do you mean limited?”

 

“Ah, when the switch happens and it’s still the other’s time, it’s only temporary. That means D.O will come out soon at a random moment.” Baekhyun sighs. Kyungsoo chuckles. “Hey,” He smiles. “Saturday is just around the corner. We’ll be spending more time than you know it. So until I’m still here, I want to spend every minute of it with you.”

 

Baekhyun’s heart soars. From the words that Kyungsoo gave him, he could not help but lean down and kiss him. But before he could, Kyungsoo cuts him off with a tiny gasp. “Oh, . The noodles.” He stands up and immediately checked on their breakfast. Baekhyun sighs and chuckles.

 

What’s the rush? There’s still time.

 

 

 

 

 

So Baekhyun savored every moment with Kyungsoo. They spend their time exploring D.O’s house per Kyungsoo’s request. It’s big and wide and has enough room to run around contradicting Kyungsoo’s but despite it being like that, D.O’s house feels… empty.

 

But in this moment, it doesn’t feel like that anymore. Baekhyun smiles at Kyungsoo as he points excitedly on the TV screen about a dog doing tricks.

 

Because anywhere with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun feels at home.

 

Baekhyun has Kyungsoo wrapped in his arms as they lie on the bed, staring at the glow in the dark stickers they put up on the ceiling. “Ah, if D.O finds this the next morning, he’s gonna flip, I swear.” Kyungsoo looks up and laughs.

 

“Yeah, he probably will.”

 

Baekhyun pulls Kyungsoo’s head closer and sets his chin on top of his head. “I still can’t believe myself being in this position. I mean, I’ve always dreamed of it happening but I never thought it would become a reality.”

 

“You mean cuddling in your boss’ bed?” Baekhyun makes a face. Kyungsoo playfully winces. “Buzzkill?”

 

“Nope. Now that I’ve thought about it, it’s kind of exciting.”

 

“You are such an evil person.”

 

Baekhyun looks down and thumbs Kyungsoo’s cheek with Kyungsoo looking up at him with his eyes closed, savoring every touch. Baekhyun smiles. “Funny how I’ve been cursing this face but now look what I’m doing.”

 

“Oh, please. You love this place.”

 

“Unfortunately.”

 

“By the way, is this really the definition of temporary?” Kyungsoo opens his eyes. “When you said this morning about the switch being temporary when it’s not your time.” Kyungsoo turns around and sits in front of him with a look of confusion. Then slowly, his eyes went wide in realization. But instead of voicing this out, Kyungsoo flashes him a small smile.

 

“Maybe D.O’s being generous today.” Kyungsoo holds his hand when Baekhyun’s about to say something more about it. “Don’t you think it’s sweet of him? Now, we got all night to be together.”

 

Baekhyun is confused for a moment before finally loosening up and chuckling. He opens his arms and wiggles his brows. “Come here.”

 

Kyungsoo threw his head back and laughs before going in on Baekhyun’s embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

In his state of mind, there is nothing but emptiness. An endless path where he would walk for hours not knowing where the path would lead him and what is at the end. But instead of that, he sees a mirror instead.

 

It’s familiar… this mirror. It’s the one he remembers seeing before he came to be.

 

When he first met D.O, the boy had been lost in sorrows and grief in his mind. His calls for help and salvation was the trigger for his awakening and the reason why he came out of this mirror. It’s been a long time since he last saw this.

 

Kyungsoo approaches the object expecting to see his reflection. Instead, he saw a man that looks like him but with a different look.

 

“D.O?”  

 

The man places his hand on the mirror. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide.

 

After the first time, they never saw each other again not until today. D.O did not say a word and turns around. “Wait.” Kyungsoo takes a step forward. “D.O, where are you going?” But said man didn’t answer and continue to walk until he disappeared. “Hey!”

 

He places his hands on the mirror.

 

It cracked.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sits upright and gasps, chest heaving up and down as he pants heavily catching his breath. The sun is already up and there’s a faint noise coming from downstairs probably at the kitchen. Baekhyun is sleeping with his back turned against him, small snores escaping his slightly parted lips. Kyungsoo sighs and drags a hand down his face.

 

What just happened?

 

He went downstairs quietly trying not to wake Baekhyun up. He sees a few staffs from outside already doing their chores and some were idly chatting not doing their work. If he were D.O, he would have fired them on the spot for not doing their work properly. Kyungsoo’s feels his head throb. .

 

Luhan smiles when he sees him arriving at the kitchen. “Good morning, kiddo. Nice to see you again.”

 

“No, I’m not…” Kyungsoo holds his head with his hand and his other supporting himself from the wall. “I’m still Kyungsoo.”

 

Luhan looks at him in disbelief. “What?”  He drops the oatmeal box on the island counter and rushes over to him. Kyungsoo groans in pain, his hand slipping his hold on the wall. It was a good thing Luhan arrived on time to catch him. “What do you mean you’re still Kyungsoo? I thought you said this was only temporary.” He hisses.

 

“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo said in a hush tone. “I woke up as myself this morning and I have no idea why it happened.”

 

“Okay, this is bad.” Luhan helps him sit on the stool. “D.O’s supposed to be at work. The board is already expecting him to come because of a meeting. I have to cancel it again.” He pulls out his phone on his coat pocket and dials a number.

 

Kyungsoo looks unsure for a moment but a surge of determination has him grabbing Luhan’s arm. “Y-You don’t have to cancel it. Maybe… I can –“

 

“You running a business?” Luhan scoffs a laugh. “Right, don’t be stupid, Kyungsoo. Remember what happened last time? Your Dad had me almost fired because of that stupidity.” He sighs. “Look, I’ll just take a call. I’ll be right back.” He presses his phone against his ear and rushes out without looking back at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo looks down and sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan looks behind him one last time before pressing a contact. After their last conversation, he doesn’t know if it’s a good thing to be the one to reach out to the man. His pride may be hurting at this moment but he doesn’t care anymore not with D.O’s existence hanging on the line. Luhan takes a deep breath and sighs.

 

The call picked up after three rings.

 

“What is it that you want?”

 

Kim Joonmyeon, D.O’s psychiatrist that stuck up to him unlike the other doctors who gave up on his case. He’s the first one that D.O developed a bond other than Luhan and the first one to really understand what the younger male has gone through. However, personal matters came to light that made Joonmyeon drop D.O’s case. D.O is hurt at this and thought that he has given up on him because he’s deemed incurable. But that’s not the case in reality.

 

“Joonmyeon, I need your help. It’s D.O. Something is wrong.”

 

Seungsoo was the love of Luhan’s life so his death really took a toll on him. The reason why he hates seeing Kyungsoo is because his existence reminds him of Seungsoo. Luhan is human too so it’s inevitable and unavoidable for him to fall for the other personality. He’s sorry for the sudden change of attitude, but he has no choice. It pains him a lot – the reminder has him breaking.

 

“My help?” The doctor said. “I thought you said you don’t want to see my face ever again? You said you won’t come running to me for help anymore. So why now after 3 years?”

 

Luhan winces. Kyungsoo’s existence is the reason why he can’t move on. It’s the reason why he doesn’t let anyone in and love again. And he’s so sorry for those men that he unintentionally led on. Luhan doesn’t want to love again so when Joonmyeon confessed his feelings to him, he just had to be an and ruin everything. Even their friendship.

 

Luhan’s grip on his phone tightens.

 

“Look, D.O’s isn’t appearing. It’s supposed to be his time yesterday and today but ever since Kyungsoo appeared yesterday morning, D.O hasn’t come out.”

 

“Well, isn’t that what you want? To be with Kyungsoo.”

 

Luhan grits his teeth and scowls. “How could you say that?”

 

“I’m just telling you all the things you told me the last time, Lu Han.”

 

Yeah, it’s pointless. Why did he even seek help to this person? Luhan doesn’t reply and pulls his phone away and ends the call. Luhan mutters a low curse and wills himself not to cry.

 

It’s going to be okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wakes up alone.

 

It’s a lie if he said he’s not disappointed, but honestly, he kind of expecting this to happen. Knowing D.O, he’s the type of person to get up so early in the morning to do morning routines and such. Or the workaholic guy just went to catch up with work, Baekhyun doesn’t know.

 

He sits up and stretches before washing up. When he came out, he can already picture D.O and Luhan talking again like they always in the morning about work and their usual silly banter. D.O would make this face that’s borderline smirk and frown and Luhan would about something. Baekhyun expects to see this when he came.

 

He didn’t expect to see Kyungsoo still here.

 

Kyungsoo has his head on the countertop, looking pained. Baekhyun runs towards him.

 

“Hey, what’s going on?”

 

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo smiles but winces. “Just a migraine. No big deal.”

 

Baekhyun opens his mouth to say something more but was interrupted by Luhan who just entered the kitchen. “Everything’s fine now. You’re good to go. I booked everything for next week.” Luhan furrows his brows. “Headache?”

 

“Something like that.” Kyungsoo squeezes his eyes shut. “But it hurts so much.”

 

“Then you shouldn’t be up.” Baekhyun gently lifts his arm and supports him when Kyungsoo stands up. “Come on. Let’s get you back.” He looks at Luhan. “Can you follow some medicine and a glass of water, please?” Luhan nods before getting the needed medication.

 

 

 

 

 

Just when Baekhyun thought that everything’s falling into place, this just had to happen.

 

It wasn’t just a simple headache. Kyungsoo is burning up and he’s sweating lots. He finds it hard to breathe sometimes and when he gasps for air startling him, it took all of his will not to panic.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

Unfortunately, Luhan doesn’t know either.

 

Friday morning, Baekhyun came face to face with a man he doesn’t know after answering the door. He furrows his brows in confusion and was about to ask for his name, but the man gives him a smile and holds his hand out. “My name is Kim Joonmyeon. I’m D.O’s doctor. Or rather, was his doctor.”


“A-Ah!” Baekhyun blinks rapidly and accepts the hand, shaking it twice. “H-Hi! I’m Baekhyun, I’m –“

 

“You’re Kyungsoo’s boyfriend, right?” Baekhyun blushed crimson. They haven’t defined the relationship yet but from the way they’re acting it’s like that. Baekhyun nods shyly as an answer. Joonmyeon smiles. “It’s very nice to meet you.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, doctor.” He takes a step back and opens the door wider to let the doctor inside. Doctor Kim looked gentle and so young to be a doctor. When Luhan told him about D.O’s doctor, he expected the person to be old with long white beard or with big rimmed glasses.

 

“Baekhyun-sshi?”

 

“Ah!” Baekhyun snaps back to reality. “I’m sorry! I’ll take you to Kyungsoo right away!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung…”

 

Luhan hums.

 

“It hurts.”

 

Luhan clamps his eyes shut and wills his emotions to stop acting up. But the moment he opened his eyes, he can’t stop those emotions coming out. He can’t help but feel reminded of the last moments he spent with Seungsoo – his lover giving him a weak smile and holding his hand. It was only then that Luhan noticed the fingers curled on his palm. Luhan’s eyes went wide.

 

“Stop being a baby, Kyungsoo.” Luhan withdraws his hand from Kyungsoo’s hold. “You’re going to be fine.”

 

“You called for Doctor Kim, right?” Kyungsoo looks up the ceiling. “He can’t fix this. D.O doesn’t want to get fixed.” 

 

Luhan furrows his brows. “What do you mean?”

 

“He’s running away.” Kyungsoo whispers. “D.O’s running away.”

 

“Remember the mirror that I told you about?”

 

Luhan furrows his brows, recalling the memory. “Yes, I do.”

 

“He’s in there.” Kyungsoo said. “D.O’s in there.”

 

“And the mirror cracked.”

 

Luhan’s eyes went wide.

 

“I don’t know what that means.”

 

 

 

 

 

When Kim Joonmyeon entered the room along with Baekhyun, there’s a sudden tension building up. Luhan’s face suddenly turned passive and Joonmyeon’s gentle expression disappeared. Baekhyun clears his throat.

 

Joonmyeon looks at Kyungsoo. “I was hoping we wouldn’t meet again.”

 

“Unfortunately, I am still here.” Kyungsoo said. He’s sitting on the bed with his back against the headboard. “I thought hyung said you refused to come.”

 

“How can I not when the person that I know is in danger of getting erased in existence?”

 

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes. “Are you accusing me of doing that?”

 

“I wouldn’t know. But are you?”

 

“Doctor.”

 

Joonmyeon looks at Baekhyun with a smile and brows raised. “I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo’s glare on him remained, however. “I deeply apologize for my lack of professionalism earlier. It was clearly out of character for me. Anyways, I need you two to get out of the room for a moment. I want to speak with Kyungsoo.”

 

After that heated exchange of words, Baekhyun is reluctant of leaving. But Kyungsoo calls his name to catch his attention and mouths that he’s fine before flashing an assuring smile. He looks at Luhan when the man places his hand on his shoulder and lets him lead him out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

When they were left alone, Joonmyeon locks the door and faces Kyungsoo. “What happened this time? Did something happened between him and your father?” Kyungsoo shakes his head. Joonmyeon furrows his brows. “You don’t know, don’t you?”

 

He sighs. “Well, I can’t bring him out and I don’t trust you enough to know that you are telling the truth or not.” Kyungsoo frowns but it’s the truth. To them, he’s an intruder. Kim Joonmyeon might be a friend to D.O, but to Kyungsoo, he’s an enemy. After all, he’s the person trying to get rid of him.

 

Joonmyeon pulls the chair that Luhan was sitting earlier and takes a seat. “So I’m going to have you to talk to D.O myself.” Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide upon hearing this. Joonmyeon positions his fingers in front of him. Kyungsoo stills.

 

“When I snap my fingers, I want D.O to come out.” Joonmyeon snaps his fingers.

 

The room is silent for a moment.

 

“It’s not working.” Kyungsoo solemnly said.

 

Joonmyeon frowns and snaps his fingers again and again and again. “Why isn’t it working? We did this before. D.O should be the one out here.” He tries again. If this is any other day, Kyungsoo would have find this silly. But with this happening, it can only mean one thing. Joonmyeon mutters a low curse.

 

When Joonmyeon came out of the room, the two immediately stood up. “What’s happened? Is it okay now?” Joonmyeon shakes his head. Luhan sighs. Baekhyun looked confused.

 

“I tried forcing D.O to come out, but oddly it didn’t work.” Joonmyeon said. “It could only mean two things: Somewhere inside, D.O is in hiding or D.O is gone.” He turns his attention to Baekhyun. “Kyungsoo is fine now, Baekhyun-sshi. He’s just feeling a bit woozy but with enough rest, he’ll be ready to go. You can go see him. He’s been looking for you.”

 

Baekhyun’s sighs in relief. “Thank you so much, doctor.” He bows his head in gratefulness and quickly runs past them. When Baekhyun is gone, Joonmyeon’s smile on his face turned grim.

 

“Kyungsoo’s like that because he’s having a hard time adjusting with D.O’s body. I believe our worst fears are coming true.”

 

Luhan’s eyes widens. “D-Don’t tell me…”

 

Joonmyeon nods. “If D.O doesn’t come out, Kyungsoo might take over the body.”

 

“Permanently.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi, there.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles at him at watches as Baekhyun closes the door. “I’m sorry for making you worry, Baek. This is nothing.” Baekhyun has his lips in a firm line as he makes his way towards him and sits at the edge of the bed next to him. Kyungsoo holds his hand.

 

“You had me worried.” Baekhyun said. “Everything is happening so fast. I’m… confused. Doctor Kim said D.O isn’t coming out. Is that true?”

 

Kyungsoo looks away and nods.

 

He can see how despite their differences, Kyungsoo deeply cares for D.O. Baekhyun squeezes their hands together before leaning to press his lips against the crown of his head. Kyungsoo’s eyes widens. “I know this sounds stupid to hear now, but I promise you everything is going to be okay.”

 

Kyungsoo stiffens for a moment and then slowly relaxes. He looks at Baekhyun with a soft smile and leans his head forward so it’s pressed against Baekhyun’s chest. “Believe me, those are the words I want to hear the most today.”

 

 

 

 

 

True to what Joonmyeon had said, Kyungsoo’s condition went back to normal the very next day. However, something seems to change over Kyungsoo’s actions.

 

Baekhyun’s surprised to see Kyungsoo eating cereal with an absent-minded look. His mouth is stuffed and there are traces of milk at the corner of his lips. He looks like he’s enjoying it so much. It wasn’t a big deal to be honest. But when Baekhyun points it out to him with a smile and a jest, Kyung

Please log in to read the full chapter