Prompt 30

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: something more about prompt 26

Word Count: 1574

 

Baekhyun is off the edge today. He trips on his feet and looks sharply in every places. His eyes were snappy and there was a scowl painted on his face. Black bags were evident underneath his eyes and all his voice sounds gruff and husky. Kyungsoo might find the voice y sometimes but seeing his husband’s condition made him worried.

 

Waiting for their plane to Madrid, Kyungsoo looms over Baekhyun, who was looking everywhere in suspicion, and squishes the elder’s face with his two fingers and forces him to look at him. “Cough it out. What’s wrong?”

 

“What makes you think there’s something wrong?”

 

“This.” He squeezes harder making Baekhyun wince in pain. “Face tells me otherwise. Have you even slept last night? Or were you all Edward on me?” He smiles. “You’re creeping me out, Baek. Stop that.”

 

Baekhyun cracks a small smile. “Sorry.” He whispers and tears Kyungsoo’s hand off. “I’ll stop.”

 

He didn’t.

 

 

 

 

Arriving in Madrid, the first thing they did was sign up to a tour along with the other tourists for a great experience in the place. It was a good thing majority of them were all right with them. Although a few people were giving them harsh glares. Kyungsoo frowns at this but it seems like they managed to stop because the aura Baekhyun is giving is full of negativity.

 

The whole time, Baekhyun was out of it. Sure he responds with kisses that Kyungsoo initiates and does the hand-holding most of the times. But instead of feeling like a lover, Kyungsoo felt like a kid with his mom.

 

On date night was the final straw.

 

“Wait, you ate ahead?”

 

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo with a panicked look. He covers his phone but Joonmyeon’s voice was loud and clear in the phone. “Hello, Kyungsoo-yah~” Baekhyun ends the call and gave Kyungsoo an apologetic smile. “Look, I can explain.”

 

“Explain, what? Taking work during our trip? I thought I told you to leave work for a while. What the hell, Baekhyun?”

 

“I was hungry and I couldn’t help it so I went ahead and – wait, wait, wait…” He runs and catches Kyungsoo’s wrist when Kyungsoo was about to leave the room. “I can eat again. It’s fine. Come on, we’ll go and –“

 

“Seeing that you’re finished eating, I’m gonna go down the hotel restaurant and eat by myself.” Kyungsoo yanks the cop’s hand off him and proceeded to go towards the door.

 

“Okay, you got me.” Baekhyun raises his hands up in surrender. “I’m a walking mess and I’m sorry for that.” Kyungsoo stops midway on opening the door. “I haven’t slept a wink, I admit. And while you were sleeping, I was… downstairs. Sitting on a couch like some stupid guard dog because honey, I’m a ing paranoid.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs and closes the door. “I proposed this trip for us to relax.”

 

“And again, sorry, but...” Baekhyun sighs and sits on the edge of the bed. “Nothing’s been the same since D.O came along and then…” Another sigh. “…the casino.”

 

“What happened at the casino?” Kyungsoo narrows his eyes.

 

“Look, I’m scared.” Baekhyun finalizes. “And I’m afraid of what he’s going to do next and thinking about it makes me feel paranoid especially if his next move might be somewhere near us. I’ve got a feeling that he’s following me just to, I don’t know spite me?” He frowns. “I’m confused, but I know that’s not a valid excuse for date night. I’m so sorry.”  

 

“It’s okay.” Kyungsoo smiles at him. “Do me a favor and call room service. You know what I like right?”

 

“Yes,” Baekhyun claps his hands. “Right, away. Yes, I will do that.” He claps his hand again and rushes towards the telephone near the bed. And as he makes a call, the smile on Kyungsoo’s face slowly turns into a frown.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun drops fast on the bed after a glass of wine. Kyungsoo hums and looks down on his husband with a blank look, checking signs of unconsciousness. Baekhyun’s sharpness can cause certain downfalls and he wants to ensure that the sleeping powder on the wine worked fine.

 

When he deems Baekhyun asleep, Kyungsoo pulls out his phone and speed-dials a number before pressing it against his ear. After the first ring, the receiver picked up.

 

“I’ve got a feeling that he’s on to us.”

 

“Who, sir?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun sharply. “Baekhyun.” He can hear other whispers on the phone and he guesses that the call is on loudspeaker. “Listen, I want the activities going back there.” He said. “I want D.O’s name surface on the news while I’m here. Get someone from the group and pose him as me. Get Yixing to do the masks. I’m watching for the results, Park. Don’t fail me – Don’t all fail me.”

 

A chorus of “Yes, sir” were heard before Kyungsoo cuts off the call.

 

He heaves out a heavy sigh and sits down beside Baekhyun on the bed, caressing soft cheeks.

 

“Please don’t make everything hard for me.” He whispers.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun scratches his chin and sits up, feeling light-headed and dizzy. Kyungsoo was all sprawled up next to him on the bed, still wearing his clothes from yesterday and smelling of wine and roast beef. Baekhyun half-smiles and grabs his phone on the end table and calls Joonmyeon. The call picked up on the third ring.

 

“Hey, why didn’t you send the details that I asked you last night?” Baekhyun whispers.

 

“Look, there was a mass murder in a brothel house at Gangnam and we needed to go there as soon as possible. Apparently, it was owned by a Chinese mob boss. By the time we got there, we got one of D.O’s lackeys. We wanted him to cough out information about the bastard but he killed himself. Their loyalty to that guy is so tense, I swear.”

 

“Wait, wait, did you say D.O?” Baekhyun moves over to the other side of the room and faced the window, hissing. “D.O was there?”

 

“I supposed so. We managed to salvage a few survivors and they told us the exact description of what D.O looks like.” Joonmyeon sighs. “Witnesses say they saw him.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “The tattoos? Did you… did you find one of them on the dead bodies?”

Please log in to read the full chapter