Prompt 25

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: One word – hanahaki

Word Count: 969

 

One day, Kyungsoo started coughing out tulips.

 

Bright yellow tulips scattered on the sink. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide in horror as he continues to cough violently. His eyes were glassy and his hand was gripping his chest tight. The pain is too much.

 

He knows of this – this disease that is generally common to people nowadays. Hanahaki disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient throws up and coughs flowers petals. The petals might vary depending on the personality, traits of their beloved and seeing those yellow flowers brought one person that’s familiar in his heart and mind.

 

Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Hey, hey, guess what?” Baekhyun plops down next to him on the couch and flashes a bright grin. “Guess who that person Jongdae set me up with on a date?”

 

Kyungsoo raised a brow, feigning disinterest despite the clenching pain in his chest. “Who?”

 

“Park Chanyeol.” The name brought a smile on his lips. “Jongdae set me up on a date this Saturday. Oh my god, I am so excited, Soo!” He giggles and erupted in squeals. “Be a buddy and help me pick out my clothes, will you?”

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and laughs. “Oh, come on. Anything will do.”

 

“But I need to look perfect!” So with a sigh, he nods.

 

“Fine, fine. I get it.”

 

Life is too cruel for Kyungsoo.

 

It isn’t fair how Chanyeol could get Baekhyun just by meeting him in one night. He doesn’t understand what does Baekhyun sees in him that made him fall in love since college. And he definitely does not understand why Byun Baekhyun doesn’t see how desperately in love Kyungsoo is with him for years.

 

But being a fool like he is, he desperately clings to the thought of Baekhyun loving him back – that one day, his best friend might finally see and turn to look at his way and reciprocate the love that Kyungsoo’s been giving to him all throughout these years.

 

“Hey! Chanyeol just agreed on a second date!” Baekhyun wriggles like a worm and wraps Kyungsoo in a tight hug. “Oh god, this is so awesome!”

 

“Wow, that’s great! I’m so happy for you!” Kyungsoo flashes a weak smile and hugs back.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter