Prompt 2

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: It’s been 3 days and Kyungsoo isn’t sure if he should call a therapist or not because Baekhyun is still crying over Toy Story 3

Word count: 1005

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun lived a simple mediocre life after getting married. Getting a nice apartment in the city and settling down with their well-paying jobs, it’s been nice. The only downside of this is not getting to spend much time together. Although that didn’t pose a threat to the couple since they did a lot of compromising.

 

(Knowing each other’s schedules is a must because Baekhyun might or might not have been waiting one time completely in their living room all excited and ready only to shriek in surprise when he sees Kyungsoo and his friends, Jongdae and Minseok, entering the front door looking surprised and mortified. It was actually game night that time.)

 

“I’m free on Thursdays but only on evenings so I’ll be probably home around seven that time.” Kyungsoo taps the end of the pen with his chin. “And as always, day offs are weekends.”

 

“Oh, I’m not free on Saturdays so let’s make Thursday nights our movie night.”

 

On Thursdays, Baekhyun would end up cuddling beside Kyungsoo, his head laying on the younger’s shoulder, as they watch movies ranging from romcoms down to bloody type of horrors. This night, however, Baekhyun wants to try something new.

 

“Toy Story 3.” Kyungsoo reads the label of the DVD that he’s been holding before looking up at his husband. “You want to watch this? I thought we’re supposed to be watching Quantum of Solace?”

 

“You didn’t hear me agreeing when you said that now off you go and pop it inside the player. Go, go, go!” Being a slave to all of his husband’s whims, Kyungsoo agrees.

 

And so with Baekhyun curled beside him, they watch the movie.

 

Kyungsoo clearly enjoys the movie. I mean, who could not? Remembering every character in the story and how they’ve all grown brings a sense of nostalgia in him. He remembers being small and still dependent on his mother. He remembers whining about how much he wants to watch the first part of the movie over and over to said mother. He even remembers his father manually rewinding the VHS tape so that he can watch if for the fiftieth time.

 

However, halfway at the end of the movie Kyungsoo hears a few sniffles coming from beside him.

 

Kyungsoo sighs and wraps an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder. “There, there.”

 

“It’s so sad.” Baekhyun

Please log in to read the full chapter