Prompt 76 - d

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: switching identities kyungsoo feat comeback hairstyles

Word Count: 4858

 

“I-I can’t do it!”

 

“Yes, you can!”

 

“I can but I don’t want to!”

 

“Just ing do it!”

 

“I can’t!”

 

Kyungsoo drops the gun on the floor and sobs. His hands are pressed against his face and he’s sobbing openly like a kid denied by his toys. Baekhyun groans and makes – he feels guilty for making Kyungsoo cry but it irritates him to the core to see the rabbit staring at him as if he did something bad.

 

“Listen, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun sighs. “If we’re going to make you toughen up, you need to do this. Not every cute thing is nice. Sometimes they kill you in your sleep.”

 

Kyungsoo sniffles. “Like you?”

 

Baekhyun blinks. Is the kid flirting with him? Because of he is then damn, that’s smooth. He places his hand flat on Kyungsoo’s hair and gives it a rough ruffle. “Okay, stand up, kid. We’re not gonna kill this bunny anymore. Stop crying.”

 

“But you’re going to make it dinner tonight.”

 

“No, we’re not.”

 

“Don’t lie.” Kyungsoo sniffles. He’s really sensitive to killing animals even though he’s not vegetarian. He can eat meat but he can’t stand the whole process of it. “I heard you talk with Junmyeon.”

 

Baekhyun drags a hand down his face. “Fine. What do you want to do with it then?”

 

“Oh!” Kyungsoo looks at him with a smile. “Can I keep it?”

 

Not wanting to risk anything, he waves his hand in dismissal. “Fine, fine. I’ll talk to the others… provide a cage or something.” He hears a soft yay from Kyungsoo. He scrunches his face. “You are seriously like a kid.”

 

“I’m gonna call you Doggy.” Kyungsoo said after picking up the spotted rabbit. “And you’re going to be my friend.”

 

Baekhyun drags his hand down his face again.

 

 

 

 

 

“You and D.O are spending a lot of time recently. You two patching things up again?” Junmyeon gives him a knowing look, grinning. “Cause whenever I see you, D.O’s always following so –“

 

“Our relationship is nothing but arranged.” Baekhyun places his arm over his head. “D.O and I… the attraction is just one-sided.”

 

“Hey…” He feels two hand rubbing his shoulders. Baekhyun looks up. “Everything’s going to be fine. D.O will come to his senses and see that someone loves him for the way he is. Who knows?” Junmyeon chuckles. “Maybe he’s already realizing it now.”

 

Yeah, right. Baekhyun rolls his eyes and sighs. D.O doesn’t and won’t ever acknowledge his feelings. No matter how hard he try, D.O will only look at him as nothing but a subordinate. Sure, he sometimes gives small gestures that maybe – perhaps maybe he shares the same feelings as well. But as soon as Baekhyun’s hope blooms, it shatters the next day when he hears about D.O and his stupidity.

 

D.O keeps on running away from him and like the blind fool he is, Baekhyun keeps on chasing after him. They have different views in life: Baekhyun wants to settle down while D.O lives for the fast paced exciting life. Okay, so Baekhyun successfully seduces him, so what? Nothing’s change if the next night, D.O will be searching for someone else on bed.

 

Sometimes he wonders why his heart picked someone like D.O to love.

 

“I should go look for D.O.” Baekhyun said after he stands up, ignoring Junmyeon’s knowing look. “He’s probably doing something ty again.”

 

“Oh, come on. He’s gonna be fine.” Junmyeon waves in dismissal. “I trust him.”

 

“That’s the thing.” Baekhyun opens the door. “Apparently, you’re the only one who trusts him in this house, hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is not in his room.

 

Doggy is found under his cage, munching on a piece of vegetable. How did the white fluffy thing escape from his cage? Baekhyun has no idea. Right now, Baekhyun needs to find out where Kyungsoo went. If only this fluff ball knows where the idiot went then there would be no problem.

 

Baekhyun mutters a small curse under his breath before leaving, closing the door as he does. It wouldn’t be a huge dilemma if only the people in the house aren’t so keen on killing D.O.

 

“My finger!”

 

A shrill scream caught Baekhyun’s attention.

 

With eyes wide in panic, Baekhyun towards the direction of the West Wing. He can hear Kyungsoo’s shouts from the very end – Chanyeol and Sehun’s room. It’s very known in the house how the two loathes D.O with all their heart. They’re huge minions of Junmyeon and from the amount of disrespect D.O gave Junmyeon, it’s enough to trigger a huge amount of hatred to the duo. It won’t be a surprise to see one day D.O missing and his corpse seen floating on the pool one day. It would have been a great sight.

 

But , they got the wrong guy!

 

Baekhyun’s heart pounds nervously when the screams stops, his fast-walk turned into a mad dash.

 

“Park Chanyeol!” He didn’t even think for a second if ever the door is locked or not. He takes a deep breath and kicks the door open, successfully breaking the door’s lock…

 

…to reveal Kyungsoo fixing an Ikea cabinet.

 

The pink-haired male peeks from behind the cabinet with brows up in surprise. “Baekhyun?” Then his eyes switched at the door. “Seriously? The door? Ever heard of knocking? Or – or do you even know how to open the ing door? I swear to ing –“

 

“Hi, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo waves. He’s half-sitting inside holding a screwdriver. “I’m helping Chanyeol assembling this cabinet he bought online. And he got it cheaply too.” He beams. “Isn’t it great?”

 

Baekhyun gapes like a fish.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You replace that door, hyung. Don’t ever ask Junmyeon-hyung for money.” Sehun said from behind him. Baekhyun turns his head, surprised to see the orange-haired maknae carry a tray. “Orange juice, D.O-hyung?”

 

Hyung? He never calls D.O hyung before.

 

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo smiles and takes a glass. Slowly, he stirs the drink with the bendable straw perched inside before placing it in between his lips. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

 

“Wait!” 

 

Orange with a whitish substance inside the drink, Baekhyun snatches the glass and s it towards Sehun’s direction with an accusing glare. Kyungsoo looks genuinely surprised. “What the is this, Oh Sehun?!”

 

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry!” Sehun has his hands in surrender as Baekhyun closes in on him. “I didn’t mean to –“

 

Chanyeol furrows his brows in confusion. “It’s melon.”

 

“Are you really that low, Oh Sehun? Planning to poison the –“ Baekhyun almost drops the drink. “Wait, what?”

 

Chanyeol takes a huge sip. “It’s not orange. It’s melon.” He raised a brow. “I thought you said it was orange.”

 

“I thought I got orange powder but it was actually melon, okay?” Sehun sighs. “My bad.”

 

Kyungsoo blinks twice and tilts his head. “Baekhyun, what’s wrong?”

 

Baekhyun, unable to find any words, gestures wildly with his fingers before forcefully handing the glass of melon juice to Sehun. “D.O, come with me.” He gives the man a hard stare before walking out.

 

Kyungsoo blinks twice.

 

Huh.

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun –“

 

Baekhyun stops walking and looks at him, a fierce glare “Okay, what was that?”

 

Kyungsoo raised his brows, a smile on his face. “What was what?”

 

“That!” Baekhyun whisper-yells, gesturing at the direction of Chanyeol and Sehun’s shared room. “Didn’t I tell you not to go all fluffy in front of the people here? They’d suspect a thing!” He grabs the younger’s shoulders and shakes him. “D.O doesn’t smile. What the , Kyungsoo? How many times do I have to point this out?!”

 

“But they were really nice people.” Kyungsoo responds.

 

Even though Kyungsoo was dragged inside the room by the duo with the intention of torturing said male to leave the manor and run back to his Daddy at first, Chanyeol and Sehun got amazed at how handy D.O actually is when the tied up clueless male pointed out the poorly assembled Ikea cabinet. They were skeptical at first but was soon reduced to awe when Kyungsoo fixed it in under half an hour.

 

Well, what Kyungsoo doesn’t know won’t kill him.

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Listen, Kyungsoo. D.O hates those two so much to the core and obviously, those two share the same sentiments as he does.”

 

“But why?” Kyungsoo tilts his head. “How could D.O hate them? They’re such kind people. I’m even starting to doubt the whole mafia thing. I mean,” He tails after Baekhyun when he sees the other started walking. “Chanyeol has a collection of Rillakumas on his bed!”

 

“Well, they murdered an entire group for messing with the drug trade operation.” Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. Baekhyun smirks. “They’re not good people, Kyungsoo and neither is D.O… so start acting like him until he’s back.”

 

“But acting like D.O is hard.”

 

“If you can’t act like D.O, might as well expose you’re a fraud.” Baekhyun grins. “I think the people in here haven’t got any action since last month. Torturing you would be a treat.” He gives the younger’s cheek a pat before continuing on his way.

 

Kyungsoo’s face fell. It didn’t take long before he could hear shoes clapping against the floor, running after him. Baekhyun hides a smile.

 

“S-So what will you teach me next?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Knife skills.” Baekhyun flips the knife expertly with his fingers as if it were a pen. “D.O is an expert when it comes to wielding knives so if ever there’s an ambush, he could defend himself without a gun.” After a beat, he threw the knife directly to Kyungsoo, the blade flying past his neck, zeroing on the plank sitting on the wall.

 

Kyungsoo’s legs almost gave out.

 

“It’s not that crucial, really, but I think you should know this especially if ever there comes a time when I won’t be there to save your .” Baekhyun gives the man a pat on the cheek. “Now get on with it.”

 

And Kyungsoo did.

 

Arriving back around ten in the morning after early inspection of territory, Baekhyun immediately went to the kitchen to get water while Jongdae adjourned to his room. He’s surprised to see Yixing and Minseok crowding Kyungsoo at the counter, watching him do something. Curious, Baekhyun approached them to take a closer look.

 

Oh, Kyungsoo practiced a lot with his knife skills all right.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, you’re just in time.” Yixing smiles at him when he sees his presence. “We’re making fish fillet for lunch. D.O’s going to do the filleting.”

 

Kyungsoo’s brows are furrowed in concentration as he fillets the fish, holding it with his palms and cutting slowly and elegantly, sliding the knife in the fish. Baekhyun’s jaw drops.

 

“D.O-yah, I know you’re good with knives but I didn’t know you were this good.” Minseok says in awe.

 

After his small show, Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun like a kid proudly presenting his work to a parent.

 

Baekhyun drags a hand down his face and sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, obviously you can’t pick up easy s I’ve been teaching you.” Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo by the arm and pushes him inside two velvet colored doors. “Lesson nu

Please log in to read the full chapter