Prompt 50 - e

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baeksoo deals with love even though they’re already married to different partners.

Word Count: 8119

 

Kyungsoo drags a hand down to his face.

 

He didn’t sleep last night. It was already six am in the morning and the sun is already peeking through the curtains. Kyungsoo has half a mind to close them shut properly but decided against it and just lies there unmoving. Joonmyeon is a light sleeper after all and right now, his head is resting on his shoulder. Kyungsoo heaves out a sigh.

 

He wanted to sleep. He desperately wanted to sleep. But every time he closes his eyes and drifts off, images of Baekhyun’s smiling face appears in his mind. He groans and ended up snapping his eyes open.

 

Even in his dreams, he feels like he’s cheating.

 

A hand slipping inside his boxer shorts got him gasping in surprise. Kyungsoo snaps his gaze to Joonmyeon nuzzling on his neck with a lazy smile on his face. The warm contact of his husband’s hand got him hissing.

 

“Good morning.” Joonmyeon whispers.

 

Kyungsoo slowly admires his husband. His beautiful eyes and his gentle smile. His fingers are soft and Kyungsoo can’t help but capture the man’s thumb when it traces over his lips. Joonmyeon smiles.

 

“It’s too early for .” Kyungsoo whispers back. Joonmyeon chuckles.

 

“Nothing’s too early for , darling.”

 

He feels the covers slowly edging down revealing his pale blue boxers with Joonmyeon’s hand in it. Joonmyeon moves his lips to kiss his cheek and trails down until he’s mouthing his collarbone. Kyungsoo gasps.

 

“See, it’s excited to see me.” Joonmyeon breathlessly laughs as he thumbs the tip. True enough, his little man is peeking from his boxers, hard and leaking. Kyungsoo groans and flushes.

 

“He’s greeting you good morning, you know.” Kyungsoo laughs. Joonmyeon gave him an incredulous look before sitting up and pulling his boxers down just a bit before leaning down to take his shaft in his mouth. Kyungsoo moans.

 

Good morning, indeed.

 

 

 

 

That same morning, Baekhyun in the middle of eating breakfast with Jongdae, fishes his phone on his shirt pocket and furrows his brows at the message Chanyeol has sent him. Jongdae must have noticed his expression and can’t help but be curious.

 

“Is something the matter?”

 

“Nothing.” Baekhyun places his phone on the table and flashes him a smile of assurance. “It’s just Chanyeol asking me if he wants to hang out. Do you have plans today?”

 

Jongdae pauses for a moment. “I’m just going to check up on something at work. Then I’ll come back home around this afternoon.”

 

“Okay.” Baekhyun continues eating.

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Jongdae smiles. “I love you.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles softly. “Yeah. I love you, too.” He takes a bite of the toast he’s eating and continues on their meal quietly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, I’m going to Luhan’s.” Kyungsoo slips on his dress shirt after drying himself and looks at his husband. “You coming?”

 

Joonmyeon, still stark , sits on the edge of the bed with a lazy smile. “No. You go on ahead. Say hi to Luhan for me.” He hums when he hears the familiar ringtone of Kyungsoo’s phone. “Someone’s calling.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. “Leave it. Probably not important.”

 

Joonmyeon furrows his brows. “Baekhyun?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide.

 

“Who’s this?”

 

Kyungsoo mentally curses. For all times, why did he have to call today? Immediately thinking of a valid excuse, Kyungsoo smiles at his husband. “It’s Sehun’s father. You know, Jongin’s friend?” He waves his fingers in dismissal. “You should ignore it. It’s not important.”

 

Joonmyeon hums. “What do you mean?” He looks at him innocently. “If he’s calling you this early in the morning, it’s probably important.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs. . He can feel Joonmyeon’s piercing gaze at him. He lets out a heavy sigh and faces his husband. The ringing kept on continuing but the call ended just as quickly as it came. Nevertheless, it still doesn’t save Kyungsoo from this predicament.

 

“Baekhyun and his husband’s anniversary is coming up and he’s asking my advice for whatever he should give him.” Kyungsoo raised his brows. “Satisfied?” He turns around to button his shirt.

 

“Ah,” Joonmyeon looks like he bought it. “Then why didn’t you say so? I should have personally talked to him if it’s about that matter.”

 

“I told him, give his husband a nice candlelit dinner and have hot steamy . I told him that over and over and yet, he’s still not sure about it. He keeps on calling because he’s scared that his husband might not like it.” Kyungsoo looks at Joonmyeon with both brows raised. “That’s why I told you it’s not important. It’s our alone time. Why would I let a single phone call interrupt that?”

 

“Ever the charmer.” Joonmyeon stands up and helps him button his shirt. Afterwards, he smoothens Kyungsoo’s shirt and presses a kiss on his lips. “That’s why I love you.”

 

Kyungsoo hums and smiles.

 

And yet, the guilt is still there.

 

He can’t believe he just lied.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun looks at his phone and frowns when the call goes missed. “Ah, he must be busy.” He murmurs to himself before setting his phone on the passenger seat. With one yank, he slides the seatbelt on and starts the car.

 

Another call came. Though, it came from Chanyeol.

 

“Where are you?”

 

Baekhyun grumbles. “I’m heading there. Calm your horses and stay put.” He laughs, expecting Chanyeol to crack another joke. Imagine Baekhyun’s surprise when Chanyeol ended the call all of the sudden. He hums in surprise and frowns.

 

What the hell is going on?

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan hands him his coffee. “You know what I think?” Kyungsoo looks at him. “I think this relationship you have with Baekhyun-sshi isn’t friendship anymore.” Hearing that made Kyungsoo frown.

 

“That’s absurd.”

 

“Or is it?” Luhan raised a brow. “You talk to him and you’re happy and when you don’t you miss him. You want to see his face if not every day, even once completes your day. Those messages you two are giving isn’t just borderline friendly anymore, Kyungsoo.” When Kyungsoo looks away, Luhan nods. “Yeah, buddy. That’s flirting.”

 

Kyungsoo sees his phone vibrate on the counter. It is revealed to be a message from Baekhyun.

 

“Look, I don’t really take sides in this matter. But don’t you feel sorry about Joonmyeon?” Luhan said. “Or about Baekhyun-sshi’s husband for that matter? What you two are doing is something that will hurt you both. Trust me, I’ve been there before.”

 

Kyungsoo looks at the elder male and wonders how did he survived the scandal two years ago about him being the third party of a married couple’s relationship. The husband involved with him ended up choosing Luhan but Luhan was the one who distanced himself to salvage the couple’s relationship. It was a series of mess that Kyungsoo doesn’t want to relieve – seeing Luhan so broken isn’t that great.

 

“Don’t make the same mistakes as I did,” Luhan trails. “If I were you, I’d end it.”

 

“That wouldn’t be fair.”

 

“There’s nothing fair in this world, Kyungsoo.” Luhan whispers. “There’s just some things in this world that you can’t have.” Then he turns on his heel and disappeared to the kitchen leaving Kyungsoo drowning in his conflicting thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun notes the expression Chanyeol is sporting. But what he really noticed is a familiar man sitting next to his best friend. His eyes went wide before a sly smile appeared on his face. “Hey, hey, hey…” He nudges his friend. “Is this why you’re so adamant on wanting me to come quickly?”

 

Chanyeol looks up and snaps out of his dazed state. “Baekhyun, I –“

 

“Well, well, well. Now that I’m here, you can tell me about the news.” Baekhyun wiggles his brows suggestively as he slides on the seat in front of them. “So when did you two started dating? I didn’t know you and Chanyeol were hooking up.” Baekhyun grins.

 

Chanyeol sigh. “Baekhyun, please. I called you here because –“

 

“Chanyeol, you sly fox.” He grins then shifts his attention to a surprisingly quiet Yixing. “I hope you’re ready for what’s about to come. Chanyeol isn’t very much of a –“

 

“Jongdae got a girl pregnant.”

 

The audible silence that came afterward is deafening.

 

The smile on Baekhyun’s face stiffens and slowly, he looks at his best friend in the eye who has his fists clenched and his face tight as he tries not to explode in front of him. “Jongdae.” He repeats slowly. “Got the CEO’s secretary pregnant and right now, they’re expecting a baby.”

 

“We saw them exit the hospital building together, Baekhyun-sshi.” Yixing whispers solemnly.

 

The smile on his face dropped. Baekhyun slowly clenches his fists.

 

“I’m sorry.” 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s attention shifts towards his vibrating phone on the counter. As if by instinct, he has his hand hovering over to take the phone when he sees Baekhyun’s name on screen. However, Joonmyeon’s face flashed through his mind as well as Luhan’s words echoing in his ear. Kyungsoo falters.

 

It’s unfair. It’s unfair to both of them.

 

He shouldn’t feel this way, especially if he’ married to Joonmyeon. Especially if he’ in love with Joonmyeon. Feeling this way would only cause trouble to their peaceful marriage life. Bringing Baekhyun in this kind of level would only be trouble. Kyungsoo needs a limit. He needs to draw a line.

 

He withdraws his hand and chooses to watches as Baekhyun’ name fade into the darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tightens his grip on the steering wheel. He doesn’t know what’s more painful. The fact that his husband is still a cheating on him or that Kyungsoo is ignoring him. He doesn’t understand this pain he’s feeling because he’s not crying – not a tear drops or rolls down his cheeks.

 

It was like his eyes grew tired from all those useless crying.

 

With shaky hands, he continues to press call on Kyungsoo’s number. Over and over he calls only to be met with a voice message. He does not give up however, because he kept on doing it over and over again.

 

It’s getting hard to breathe. The lump in his throat is getting hard to swallow.

 

“Please pick up.” He whispers pathetically as he pressed his phone against his ear. “Please, pick up.”

 

Hi, this is Kyungsoo! Currently, I am busy at the moment but feel free to leave a message after the beep.

 

“Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun’s hand is trembling. “Kyungsoo.”

 

“I want to see you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan rushes over to the counter when he hears his plastic mug crash sending the drink splattered on the counter. However he did not see Kyungsoo sitting on his usual seat anymore. Instead, he sees the front door of the café swinging and the bell chimes swaying indicating that someone had left.

 

Luhan sighs and has his hands on the counter.

 

“Aish, this kid.” Luhan mutters under his breath.

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you?” Kyungsoo asks after starting the car. “Baekhyun, answer me. Where are you?”

 

“I-I don’t know.”

 

Kyungsoo heaves out a heavy sigh. “Look, just… what do you see around you.”

 

It took a few moments before he got a reply.

 

“A bus stop. No people nor car around. I-I don’t know.”

 

“Just stay there.” Kyungsoo shifts his phone on his other ear. “I’m coming to get you.”

 

In the end, hearing Baekhyun’s voice got his resistance to crack.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know how long he’s sitting on the deserted bus stop. He doesn’t know how long he’s been staring at a daze. His car is left parked from across the street. There were no people nor were cars seen in the highway. It was just him.

 

The silence helped him think about the things that Jongdae had said to him before. The promises that he had left and the sudden change of his attitude towards him.

 

Are they just an act? Were his promises a fake? Was he just playing with him?

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know what to believe in anymore. All he knows is that he’s tired. Tired of being stringed along with the games that Jongdae drags him along. He’s tired of feeling hope of ever getting the happy ending he’s been craving all his life. He’s tired of feeling any emotions.

 

Once the raindrops started hitting the streets, Baekhyun turns his head to watch as the rain pours.

 

“Sehun,” Baekhyun whispers. “You must be sad when you find out, huh?” He looks up at the dark clouds as drops of rain came pouring hitting the roof of the bus stop creating a loud noise.

 

“Find out about what?”

 

Baekhyun snaps his head to turn to the direction of the voice. Kyungsoo pants heavily holding an umbrella on one hand. Despite this, his hair was wet and half of his clothes were dripping. The harsh winds isn’t helping either.

 

It was like a dam that broke because the moment Baekhyun locked eyes with the younger, all of his defenses and all of the walls he had built upon learning the news collapsed just like that. Baekhyun musters up the best smile he could before speaking.

 

“H-Hi.”

 

“Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo whispers.

 

His lips turned wobbly and no matter what he did, he can’t stop it from shaking. He can’t speak. He can’t form any words without stuttering and letting the words come shaky. He can’t stop his voice from cracking. He can’t stop the tears from finally rolling down his cheeks as he stares at the younger still with the best smile plastered on his face.

 

He’s tired.

 

So tired.

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s here with me.” Kyungsoo said through the phone.

 

Baekhyun passed out a few minutes later after they saw each other and Kyungsoo was forced to take Baekhyun inside his car. He had the heater on and he has Baekhyun lying on his lap on the backseat of the car. It was a while when he finally noticed Baekhyun’s phone loaded with Chanyeol’s missed calls so he decided to call the man back.

 

“Yeah, he…” Kyungsoo looks down on the sleeping male. “He passed out probably from exhaustion.” Upon hearing the next few words, he froze. “O-Oh, I see. I’ll take care of Baekhyun for a while. Don’t worry. I’ll get him to your place. Send the address to me. Okay.” And then the call ended.

 

This is scary.

 

Their relationship.

 

Because he can’t predict what would happen and what is going to take place. He’s scared not of Baekhyun but himself. He can’t control himself after all, especially not when Baekhyun’s around. Baekhyun groans in his sleep and presses his face on his lap. His fingers keep on twitching and making these scratching motions as small whimpers escape his lips. He looked so pitiful and sad.

 

Slowly, Kyungsoo reaches out and tangles his hand in his and he watches as Baekhyun’s face eases.

 

This is scary. Kyungsoo thought.

 

But the feeling of satisfaction at this moment made him wish to let time stop even just for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

When Baekhyun opens his eyes, he’s surprised to see himself lying on the backseat of a foreign car. Slowly, he lifts his head and looks around only has his eyes widening in surprise when he sees Kyungsoo. Baekhyun audibly gasps and sits up.

 

“What the hell?” He whispers.

 

Kyungsoo has his eyes closed, head leaning against the window as soft snores escapes his parted mouth. His hair is damp and his arms were so cold. Baekhyun looks down on their intertwined hands.

 

“You’re awake?”

 

Baekhyun gasps and immediately pulls his hand away but due to Kyungsoo’s tight grip, he finds it useless. Instead, their hands fall limply in between them. Baekhyun darts his eyes all over refusing to meet Kyungsoo’s stare.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me?” Kyungsoo groans when he shifts his position. “You had me worried, you know?”

 

“You are?” Baekhyun dumbly asks.

 

“Calling me like that, who wouldn’t?” Kyungsoo sighs and sits near the male. Baekhyun gulps hard. “It looks like you had a breakdown and as much I tried to restrain myself, I couldn’t help it.” Kyungsoo chuckles to himself pathetically. “Stupid, isn’t it?”

 

“No.” Baekhyun shakes his head and then bitterly smiles. “If there’s anyone that’s stupid, it’s me. I shouldn’t have asked for you.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything more and pulls him into a tight hug. Baekhyun basks in the scent of the male and how warm and soft he is. He knows he shouldn’t do this because Kyungsoo has a husband that he loves dearly. But sometimes, he can’t help but feel bitter and selfish thinking why didn’t he meet Kyungsoo first? Why must they meet under these circumstances?

 

Cheating is something that Baekhyun despises. Because he doesn’t understand how a person would think of loving someone else despite being in the best relationship. Is it because of insecurity? Is it because there’s something in Baekhyun that lacked? Millions of questions ran through his mind but…

 

He has no right to feel like this not when Baekhyun’s doing the same thing.

 

“Thank you, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun whispers and tightens his arms around said male. “But I think it’s best that we don’t see each other anymore.”

 

Kyungsoo stiffens.

 

“Let’s… stop. We both know that this… relationship isn’t… just friendship anymore.” Baekhyun looks at him with a wobbly smile. “I’m right, aren’t I?”

 

Kyungsoo cups his face with his hand and thumbs the tears that rolls down his cheek.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo weakly smiles. “It took me too late to figure things out.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide at the next words.

 

“But I think I’m in love with you Byun Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

The first person he sees was Jongdae.

 

He was sitting on the living room, watching TV. That same exact scene reminded him of that time when they were still living together in college. Baekhyun got home late after a long test. He was exhausted and yet, he can’t help but smile when he sees Jongdae like that laughing joyously on his favorite show. Then he would shift his attention to him when he finally noticed his presence and with a big smile, he’d say.

 

“Baekhyunnie!” Baekhyun snaps back to reality to see Jongdae approaching him with that same big smile before wrapping him in a tight hug. “It’s pouring out, you didn’t bring an umbrella?”

 

Baekhyun weakly chuckles. “I-I forgot.”

 

“Well, you need a bath.” Jongdae grins and helps him with his things. “Have you eaten anything? Do you want something to eat?”

 

“It’s okay.” He said. “I already ate with Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know what to believe in anymore.  

 

“Ah, I see.” Jongdae beams. “I’ll make you hot chocolate, instead. You’d like that, right?”

 

When will Jongdae leave him?

 

“Baekhyun?” Jongdae looks at him in worry. “What’s wrong?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter