Prompt 54 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baeksoo is married but separated.

Word Count: 3665

 

Baekhyun notices something.

 

Whenever Baekhyun would bring up a place that they would go to and then asks Kyungsoo if he would come or not, the twins would momentarily stop what they were doing and listens. Their faces were solemn and seemingly out of care, but you can see how they’re anticipating the answer. As if they’re hoping for something… Baekhyun furrows his brows.

 

However, it was always the same answer. Kyungsoo would say no or decline citing work as an excuse. The twins would sulk to themselves without letting it show and then tortures Baekhyun with hurtful words once they were out. The only person that saves him is Jongin. He’s beginning to feel bad for taking Jongin again from work, but it’s the only way to get them to stop treating him like a stranger.

 

The harsh treatment got worse when Kyungsoo invites him to dinner a few hours after they got home at some Italian restaurant they used to frequent at. The twins nods at the instructions given for the food that Kyungsoo cooked for them for their dinner. Baekhyun tries hard to ignore this, but he can see the glares Haesoo and Kyungsan gives him when Kyungsoo isn’t around. Baekhyun clears his throat and looks away.

 

He had never thought he’d see the day that he’s going to be hated by his kids.

 

It wasn’t that eventful because their supposed dinner date together looks more of like a business meeting between two people. Nevertheless, Baekhyun enjoyed it. Kyungsoo held his hand to their walk towards his car and he felt foolish for feeling giddy like a teenager all over again. It was the little things that count.

 

“We should go home fast.” Baekhyun sighs in satisfaction after Kyungsoo leans over to buckle his belt. Baekhyun beams in gratitude. “Haesoo and Kyungsan might be waiting.”

 

“Uh-huh.” Kyungsoo hums. “Jongin’s watching over them. It’s not a big deal.”

 

“It is a big deal.” Baekhyun presses. “I’ve… always wanted to, you know…” His voice toned down. “Tuck them to bed.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffs a laugh. “They’re too old for that. For all I know they’re probably watching some late night movie with Jongin. You should be concern on catching them red-handed for not sleeping early. It’s already past their bedtime.” He backs the car and drove off and then stopping to give the valet a tip before continuing their way home. Baekhyun frowns.

 

“I don’t really mind this… coldness, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said. “But doing that to the kids is unacceptable.”

 

“You’re not that one who took care of them through those sudden teenage mood swings, you know. I know what I’m doing.” Kyungsoo said sternly. “We came here to spend more time with you and I expect that from you. I don’t need you to lecture me on how I discipline my children.”

 

Baekhyun’s getting tired of pointing this out. “They’re also my children, you know.”

 

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo said. “But you’re not the one who raised them.”

 

He can’t argue with that.

 

Kyungsoo still kisses him before he got out of the car. And they still held hands as they make their way inside the house. But Baekhyun can’t help but let those words that Kyungsoo said to him earlier echo in his mind.

 

It ing hurts like a .

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun isn’t kidding when he said that he have always wanted to tuck his children to bed. He thinks that the only chance he’s going to do that is when they were asleep, so he slowly escapes from Kyungsoo’s side and leaves the room. Kyungsan is dozing off to dreamland as expected. Gently, Baekhyun fixes the stray arm and places it gently on his side before fixing the duvet properly on his son’s body so that he won’t get cold. He checks the temperature of the AC before leaving after he deems Kyungsan okay.

 

Just when he’s about to go to Haesoo’s room, he stops when he hears a voice in the room.

 

“I don’t know, oppa.”

 

Baekhyun thinks she must be talking to someone on the phone.

 

“I don’t get why Daddy would focus all of his attention to that guy when he’s the one who freaking left us.” Haesoo’s voice pitches high at the last. “We’ve been by his side for a long time… I don’t get why he won’t spend more time with us.” She whispers brokenly.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re not spending time with the kids today?” Yixing asked with both brows raised. He’s surprised to see Baekhyun tending to the customers at the bar. He has that artificial smile ready – the kind that’s reserved for his customers. Baekhyun shakes his head.

 

“I already told Kyungsoo about it.” He said.

 

And the harsh comments he gave after he learned that Baekhyun is still working at this grimy bar infuriates him, but he cannot blame the younger for doing so. This is where he met Kris, after all. Also known as part of the reason why everything between them fell apart. This grimy bar has their good moments, too, he defended. This is also the place where I met you! But Kyungsoo was already inside the bathroom when he said that.

 

“But I’ll be leaving around six to go prepare dinner.”

 

It’s afternoon so the population of the bar isn’t that many compared to nights so Yixing took that chance to move closer and ask some questions.

 

“So any progress?”

 

“No.” Baekhyun shakes his head. “But I think I have a lead.” Yixing hums. “The kids are all angry at me because of the unfairness of how Kyungsoo treats them.” Yixing furrows his brows before nodding in realization.

 

“Ah, the notice me daddy scenario. So do you have a plan that’s already set in motion?”

 

Baekhyun did not answer and sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

“So how was the trip to grandma’s?”

 

The twins didn’t spare him a glance and quickly makes their way up to their respective rooms. Baekhyun clears his throat awkwardly and just waited for Kyungsoo to come inside the house after checking up the car if he has it all locked properly. Baekhyun smiles and greets his husband with a chaste kiss on the lips before helping him take off his coat.

 

“I have dinner ready.” Baekhyun said. “It’s all warm and hot just the way you like it.”

 

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo grunts. His eyes were trained on the phone in his hand, scrolling up at some emails. He takes a peek at one and Baekhyun groans when he sees it’s from work again. Ignoring the possible consequences, Baekhyun takes the phone and stuffs it in his pocket. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. “Hey, what are you doing?”

 

“I’m going to give this back tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow?” Kyungsoo makes a noise of protest. “I need it now, Baek. I still have emails to –“

 

“I’m going to give this back only if you agree on coming tomorrow. And when we get back from that trip, I’m going to give this back to you. For now,” Baekhyun waves the device in his hand. “I’m going to hide this somewhere you’re never going to find.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns and sighs. It took a moment before Kyungsoo obliges. “Fine.” He mutters. “Where are we going anyway?”

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo grunts when he tries to fix the tie on his neck but Baekhyun steps in to take it off. Kyungsoo raised a brow. “We’re going on a family trip not a business trip.” Baekhyun s the first two and caresses his husband’s chest down. “I’ll let you keep the dress shirt, though.” He whispers suggestively. Kyungsoo’s face softens before he releases a soft chuckle.

 

The moment got destroyed when they heard a soft gasp.

 

“Okay, what’s going on?”

 

Kyungsoo furrows his brows when he shifts his attention at Kyungsan. “What do you mean?”

 

Haesoo cuts in when he sees their father frown. “W-What he meant to say is,” She smiles, a pleasing and convincing that. “Is that we’re surprised that you’re coming with us, Daddy.”

 

Kyungsoo hums and nods. “Your Dad convinced me to.” He gestures with his chin. “Now go and get inside. As soon as we get there, the sooner we get home.” He walks and gives the twins’ backs a gentle push on the back, leading them to the car. The words might be cold, but the simple gesture made the twins smile despite it being quick so they it won’t be noticed. Baekhyun folds his arms against his chest and chuckles.

 

“Hey, get in the car, too.” Kyungsoo barks at him that got him to snap out. Baekhyun clears his throat and smiles apologetically before opening the passenger side of the car.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, I’ll be…”

 

Kyungsoo hums when he sees the Oceanarium entrance. The twins were behind them; Haesoo taking a photo of herself before tapping rapidly on her phone while Kyungsan looks around his surroundings. Kyungsoo turns his head to look at Baekhyun. “You did this on purpose, didn’t you?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter