Prompt 7

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Soo finally had enough of trying to stay okay of knowing that Baekhyun was cheating behind his back. So, he went out of their shared apartment, leaving the ring that Baekhyun had him on their marriage. Baekhyun resorted to cheating and after a while, he realizes what he’s missing but it was too late.

Word Count: 1160

 

Kyungsoo stares at his phone on the table, waiting for it to light up – waiting for Baekhyun’s message. A message that probably says that he’ll be doing overtime at work and that he shouldn’t wait up for him anymore because it’s late. Kyungsoo bitterly smiles at that and leans his back against the chair and folds his arms against his chest.

 

Lie.

 

Because Kyungsoo knows that behind those sweet kisses and sweet promises on Kyungsoo’s ears during the day or during the times when they were together were nothing but repetitive promises that he whispers on another person’s ears at night.

 

He caught him once, when he was out with a few co-workers. Jongdae was with him then and they were celebrating Kyungsoo’s promotion when he spotted a familiar mop of brown hair in the middle of the dancefloor making out with a… woman.

 

Small, petite woman with slender arms wrapped around Baekhyun’s neck pulling him close as their lips were in a tangled mess.

 

Kyungsoo gulps hard and kept a mask on. He kept that mask on until he felt the bed beside him dip down.

 

That’s when he breaks.

 

It went along for a six painful months. Kyungsoo would understand if Baekhyun admitted it to him that it was nothing but a fling and a phase that he undergone because of stress because Kyungsoo is a fool like that. But no, Baekhyun acts as if it was nothing and continues life as if there’s nothing wrong with their relationship.

 

Kyungsoo hopes for Baekhyun to come home – opening the door and welcoming Kyungsoo with a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek like always. Like he does during the past but not today. Today it was the same message. The phone lights up once again and Kyungsoo feels his face fall.

 

He fingers his ring, the golden band wrapped around his finger, for a while before pulling it off and placing it in the middle of the table next to his phone. He stood up, wears his dark coat in one fluid motion and takes his keys. The closet is now empty with his clothes and the end table where a photo of him and Baekhyun used to sit was replaced with an envelope with papers all that Kyungsoo arranged with his lawyer.

 

Closing the door to their shared apartment, he walks to the elevator down to the parking lot where his car is located along with his luggage found in the trunk.

 

Kyungsoo closes his eyes and heaves out a shaky sigh.

 

He was done crying.

 

He was done trying.

 

He’s done.

 

Devasted at the series of unfortunate events that fell, Kyungsoo resorted on running away. Jongdae, the only friend h

Please log in to read the full chapter