Prompt 76 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: switching identities kyungsoo feat comeback hairstyles.

Word Count: 3038

 

Today it’s raining.

 

Kyungsoo hugs his jacket tighter when the night air breeze through him making him shiver at the coldness of it. It’s the month of storms and he hates even then when the restaurant he’s working at placed him on morning schedule instead of night. Some people hates night duties but not Kyungsoo. The place might be full during nights and the pressure is enough to tear his hair off but those are things that Kyungsoo can handle.

 

Walking near his almost flooded apartment isn’t.

 

It was a lazy evening but he can see some people chattering happily with the person they’re with. Kyungsoo yawns and sniffles, eyes blinking wearily as he walks in slow pace. There’s a person hurriedly walking opposite of him that managed to bump him on the side. “Sorry.” Kyungsoo managed to mutter and it took him a minute to register that it wasn’t his fault and yet he’s the one who apologized. Dammit, he’s too kind for his own good.

 

The apartment complex where he lives in is small but decent and cheap. It looks kind of rundown, though. Even then, it’s the best apartment that Kyungsoo can afford right now.

 

It’s rundown and yet, the security system in this place is dope.

 

Kyungsoo stares at the glass screen door in front of him, eyes immediately darting at the card access system on the wall while his hand grab over his wallet inside his jacket pocket. He slips his hand inside only to freeze midway. He feels up his whole jacket, his hands going behind his jeans pocket and even searching for the rectangular wallet inside his black bag.

 

, it’s gone.

 

He keeps on looking, searching every corner and pocket of his bag and jacket looking for it. ing hell, that’s where he kept his cards. That’s where his savings are. But most importantly, that’s where he left his keycard. How can he get inside now?

 

It’s already evening and rain is still pouring heavily. He considers calling Mr. Kyu, the landlord, but remembers that the old man is back at their hometown with his wife. He mutters a low curse and sighs in defeat. He should probably go crash at Seokjin’s for a –

 

“This is yours, right?”

 

Kyungsoo squeaks and turns around only to find himself staring at wide brown irises. He stumbles backwards in surprise, fortunately gaining footing so that he won’t fall.  The first thing he sees is his navy blue wallet being handed to him and oh, god he thanked the heavens that it’s back. He didn’t mean to snatch it so quick but he was in full blown panic mode earlier that manners be damned. “Oh, god thank you –“

 

“Saw the guy bumped you and nabbed your wallet away.” The man muses. “His hands were quick, like woah! I have no idea how he could fit his hands in there for like 3 seconds flat and get your stuff without being caught.”

 

Kyungsoo stills. Oh, so that’s when his wallet disappeared? Really? And he even apologized – what the ?

 

“You’re lucky I saw.” The man chuckles. “I know things inside wallets are precious so…”

 

“Thank you so much.” Kyungsoo bows, all 90 degrees and everything in gratitude. “You saved me, really. You have no idea how much thankful I am.”

 

The man is just around his height, wearing a black hoodie and jeans with white shoes (really? In a rainy day?) and a black mask that covers his mouth. He looks like your everyday stalker but his eyes says otherwise. His wide brown eyes are welcoming and full of mirth. Kyungsoo runs his fingers through his brown locks and smiles.

 

“I really owe you one.” He said. “Do you want anything to pay you back? Coffee?”

 

The man’s brows furrowed, thinking, before he chuckles. “Coffee would be nice.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Your place looks cozy.” The man comments once inside.

 

Kyungsoo scrunches his nose upon hearing that. His apartment doesn’t look any kind of cozy. In fact, it looked old and dirty. There’s white patches around orange wallpapers and the rugged carpet makes a poor excuse in hiding the blotchy floors. Nevertheless, Kyungsoo calls it his home and this is where he finds comfort when he’s exhausted. He wouldn’t recommend letting a visitor come, though.

 

“I’m glad you think so.” Kyungsoo answers after a while, chuckling. “Well, uh…” He hangs his coat on the rack after closing the door. “Make yourself home.”

 

“Thank you.” The man takes off his cap, revealing short dark raven hair. Kyungsoo turns to go to the kitchen. “To be honest, this is my first time here in this place – like uh… this district.”

 

Kyungsoo hums, brows raised while arranges the coffee maker. “So you’re like here because you’re lost or just going on an adventure?”

 

“Uh…” The man chuckles at his silliness. “I’m lost?”

 

“Well, Seoul isn’t that big. I’ve lived here for five years and I know every place like the back of my hand.” Kyungsoo rubs his hands together after finishing the setup, waiting for the coffee to settle. He decided to go and accompany his visitor. “By the way, where are hea – oh my god.”

 

If doppelgangers exist, well here’s the proof. Because sitting on his green bean bag is none other than himself, with dark raven hair and a black hoodie wrapped around his body cozily. He has this easy smile plastered on his face, brown eyes filled with amusement as they stare at him. Kyungsoo gapes wobbly.

 

It’s like he’s staring at a mirror.

 

“H-How? Uh…”

 

“I don’t know.” The man leans back, easing himself into relaxation. “I’m surprised as you are, too.”

 

There was a long moment of silence before Kyungsoo speaks.

 

“Are you like my twin or something?”

 

The man laughs – like threw his head back and laugh kind of laugh – and drags his hand down his face. “Oh, no. At first yes, but I know my family history like the back of my hand. We’re not blood-brothers. But at this moment, I wouldn’t mind having you as my brother. You look fun.” He winks. Kyungsoo flushed red.

 

It was as if someone slapped him on the back of his head because they already made small talk and even invited a total stranger inside his apartment without even knowing his name. What would happen if this look-alike of him is actually a serial killer? “What’s your name, by the way? I just realized we haven’t – you know…”

 

“Ah, right. Silly, me.” The man snaps his fingers. “It’s Thomas Daniel Cavanosa.” And he said the word Daniel as in Da not Day in a complete American English accent. “Born and raised in the US but lived half of my teenage life in Italy. People call me D.O.”

 

What the ing hell, just the guy’s name alone is enough proof that this guy came from a loaded family. Kyungsoo feels so small all of the sudden.

 

“And your name is…?”

 

“Kyungsoo.” He answers. “Do Kyungsoo. Born and raised here in Korea. As you can see, though… I’m…” He gestures around the place. “I’m currently living alone in this… place.”

 

“There’s nothing wrong living in a place like this. I think you place is homey.” Thomas looks around the place as he said this in pure amazement. “Like I’d give everything to live like this, seriously.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter