Prompt 76 - e

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: switching identities kyungsoo feat comeback hairstyles

Word Count: 5311

 

The phone kept ringing on Baekhyun’s palm over and over. D.O’s name is glaring on his phone screen, the green answer button screaming at him to ing wake up and answer the call. He can feel Kyungsoo’s eyes on him. Baekhyun swallows hard before answering the call.

 

But the exact moment he does, the phone stopped ringing.

 

It’s like a wakeup call for Baekhyun. The words he wanted to say to Kyungsoo dies in the tip of his tongue. All of the sudden, they’re reminded of why Baekhyun let Kyungsoo live instead of killing him on the spot upon knowing he’s a fake and the reason why he’s living the mansion acting like one of them.

 

The silence was enough for Kyungsoo.

 

“Let’s go back?” He smiles

 

Baekhyun nods in response. Kyungsoo reaches his hand out for him to take, which he gratefully accepts.

 

No words were exchanged after that.

 

 

 

 

 

After that encounter, Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo in a different light. Well, he already saw him like that before but he just realized it now fully. The younger isn’t easy to ignore. Hell, he’s everywhere. Before it was only Junmyeon who’s in demand in the house. Now, Kyungsoo is all everyone is depending on whether it be simple household chores or any handy stuff that the members fail to do.

 

It wasn’t helping that Sehun and Kyungsoo are getting close as the days dragged on. He feels a huge wave of bitterness swirling down on the pit of his stomach lurching up making him scowl and grip the metal bar on his fingers tight.

 

“Woah, Baekhyun!” Yixing grabs his wrist before any more damage can be done. “Do you really want to get in trouble?” He whispers in a tone only they can hear. “Boss Cavanosa strictly ordered to scare him to get the location of the grunts’ base not kill him on the spot.”

 

Baekhyun snaps out of his trance and pants heavily. The bald man, who looks like an addict, is already sobbing hysterically pleading for his life. He looks at Yixing and then the man again before dropping the bar on ground making the captive flinch.

 

“ing, dammit.” Baekhyun walks out of the basement and ascended the stairs, ignoring low level mafia members bowing their heads in respect to him on his way.

 

Kyungsoo acted like nothing changed. He’s still that innocent naïve little boy that needs to be protected of innocence. Now that he thought about it, it’s a mistake to even let Kyungsoo get dragged in this world. What the ing hell was D.O thinking? Is that er really that desperate to leave? If so, why even call him? Just when things were beginning to –

 

Baekhyun froze when he reaches his and D.O’s shared room.

 

No. Kyungsoo isn’t fit in this world. He can’t expect for Kyungsoo to just settle here and act like he’s someone that he’s not.

 

When he opens the door, he sees the Doggy under his cage munching on some cucumber while looking at Baekhyun straight in the eyes. Baekhyun frowns. Seriously, how did this creature escape his cage all the time?

 

“You just made me hate you even more.” He glares at the disgusting vegetable before scowling at the bunny.

 

Doggy looks like he doesn’t give a .

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongdae, I don’t know what to do!”

 

“Relax, bruh.” Jongdae slings an arm around him, letting their bodies sway back and forth as they walk. He smells like lemon and beer. Like seriously, why does he smell like beer around daylight? “Look, even if what happened with you and Baek that time didn’t end up with you giving the d, everything’s going to be A-Okay.”

 

“I left my wallet so I didn’t get to buy him a donut.” Kyungsoo looks horrified. “Oh my god, it’s the reason right? It’s why he’s avoiding me?!”

 

“The D, bruh.” Jongdae deadpans. “The D!” He gestures towards his buddy from below the waist shamelessly making Kyungsoo blush, flustered. “ing any way you want it! I have no idea how you two do it. We got the impression you two switch sometimes. I mean, no offense, bruh but sometimes you look like an innocent princess waiting to be corrupted unlike me who power bones Junmyeon-hyung all the time.”

 

Kyungsoo gives out a horrified expression.

 

Jongdae shrugs. “I thought it was obvious.”

 

“Anyways,” He clears his throat. “I know what happened that time didn’t end up like the way I expected to be, but don’t be discouraged. We can still work it out. Baekhyun might look like a tough cookie but he’s really not that hard to please.”

 

Kyungsoo looks uncomfortable, uneasy rather. Remembering what happened that time was enough reminder that his role here is not permanent. D.O is coming and his time is running out. He wants Baekhyun to feel loved even if it’s completely obvious how he wants D.O to be doing those things instead. It might be selfish but he thinks that he can make this work especially if he looks like D.O.

 

He wanted to make Baekhyun happy even if the price of it all would be his heart breaking.

 

“So uh… how?”

 

“I don’t know.” Jongdae shrugs. “I thought you’re supposed to be some kind of Master Casanova. Or…” He gasps, covering his mouth. “Have you gone soft because of…?” He gasps again. “Oh, Thomas! I didn’t know you were this whipped!”

 

Kyungsoo blinks twice. “Huh?”

 

“Okay, bruh. I got you.” Jongdae shakes Kyungsoo by the shoulder. “It’s a secret that I’ve kept for a long time but trust me when I say this.” He pulls Kyungsoo’s head down as if he’s telling a very juicy secret. Kyungsoo swallows hard.

 

“Baekhyun is a er for compliments.”

 

Kyungsoo looks at Jongdae as if he’s a god. “Really?”

 

Jongdae nods, his blonde fringes bouncing on his forehead as he does. “Any compliment will do. Tell him how beautiful or handsome he looks every day and how great he is at everything he does. It’s like he’s got a praise kink or something.” He shrugs. “But any compliment just throw at him. It might seem like he doesn’t like it but trust me, does.”

 

If he has a note pad, Kyungsoo would definitely take note. Baekhyun looks like a hard man to please, after all.

 

“He especially loves it when you compliment his eyes.”

 

“Okay.” Kyungsoo nods. “But how?”

 

Jongdae hums, thinking, then shrugs again. “Just tell him you have beautiful eyes.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I have beautiful eyes.”

 

Baekhyun genuinely looks confused. “Huh?”

 

It was nearing bed time and Baekhyun is having a hard time putting the (bastard) bunny inside his cage. Kyungsoo, in his pajamas, is sitting with his legs folded in the middle of the bed looking at him with that sparkle in his eyes. Baekhyun blinks rapidly, hands still on the bunny’s body.

 

“I have beautiful eyes.” Kyungsoo repeats. He flutters his eyes to solidify his point.

 

There was a long moment of silence before Baekhyun finds himself scoffing in amusement. Kyungsoo beams. He thinks it’s working.

 

“This dumb bunny isn’t cooperating.” Baekhyun sighs and drops the fluffy creature. To any animal loving people, the action is unacceptable. But Doggy got this weird ability that can land on the floor like a cat even at high places. Kyungsoo thinks Doggy is a ninja.

 

“Just let him run around the room.”

 

“He’ll poop everywhere.” Baekhyun argues. “Do you remember what happened to Chanyeol?”

 

Ah, yes. Chanyeol thought Doggy’s poop is those choco balls and was this close in popping it inside his mouth if it weren’t for Kyungsoo stopping him. Kyungsoo nervously smiles.

 

“Okay, then. Let me.” Kyungsoo crawls down the bed and scoops the bunny in his arms.

 

Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo puts Doggy inside his cage without any problem. The fluffy creature twitches its nose when Kyungsoo gives it a loving pat before closing the cage. Baekhyun swore the damn bunny is mocking him at this point.

 

“So will you sleep at the bed, this time?” The younger asked a while later. “More in that couch will lead you having a bad back.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.” Baekhyun waves his hands away. “S’not like it won’t –“

 

“It’s a big bed.” Kyungsoo gestures with his chin. “You and D.O sleep here together anyways and you two fit. Stop torturing yourself and come on.”

 

Baekhyun looks mortified but he lets Kyungsoo wrestle him making him lay on his back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. There’s a huge gap between them and the air is super awkward and intense. However, it doesn’t look like Kyungsoo is affected by it because he did not even hesitate to turn to his side to face him. Baekhyun swallows hard.

 

The main lights were off and the remaining orange glow of the light makes Kyungsoo’s face look softer. When he turns to the side, he meets eyes with Kyungsoo, who looks like he’s trying to fight off closing his eyes. Baekhyun blinks slowly, a half-smile on his face.

 

“You do have beautiful eyes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is used to waking up early. It’s a habit he developed since he was a child training in this profession. He sees Kyungsoo on his back, still sleeping, and all cocooned on the thick duvet to shield him from the coldness from the AC. The next thing he checked was his phone.

 

There were no messages to his surprise, instead, the red unread count badge near the call logs icon is glaring at him like crazy. No other people called other than D.O and the thought made his head ache.

 

Baekhyun gets off the bed and slowly pads his way towards the door after slipping on his bathrobe. He takes one last glance at Kyungsoo’s sleeping form, finding himself smiling at the sight only for it to drop when he sees Doggy staring at him with those dumb bunny eyes as if its mocking him.

 

He rolls his eyes and gives him the finger before leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When he entered the kitchen, he sees Chanyeol and Yixing indulged in a serious conversation. Baekhyun takes the box of cereal at the cupboard and pulls out a bottle of milk from the fridge before taking his place next to the giant on the stool at the counter. The way he chews is loud and obnoxious but before he could even reprimand the younger, Yixing makes a sound of confusion.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun. Don’t you think it’s weird?”

 

“What’s weird?” Baekhyun resorted to slapping Chanyeol’s mouth to stop him from chewing loudly. The pink-haired male gives him a death glare.

 

“D.O.” Yixing leans against the counter, frowning. “He’s been acting strange lately, don’t you think? We’ve been talking about it…” He gestures a circular motion with his finger. “…all of us talked about it. It’s like D.O’s acting weird.”

 

“We’ve been talking about it since day 1, you know.” Chanyeol supplies after swallowing his mouthful. “The sudden change was so drastic, it’s surprising.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow before shoveling his spoon in his bowl. Are they really that slow to realize this so late? It’s been months now. “What are you talking about? He’s changed because he’s guilty of what he did. That’s all there is to it.” He frowns. “I didn’t hear you all complaining about it before. Why? Do you want him back to the way he was?”

 

Chanyeol raised a brow upon hearing his tone. Yixing cuts in. “No, that wasn’t what we were trying to say. We’re just surprised, that’s all. He suddenly became soft that some grunts were poking fun at him when Sehun and Chanyeol went out patrolling. We’re just afraid that others might question his authority once he’s taken over.”

 

Baekhyun’s frown deepens. “So you all complain when he’s a jerk and when he’s changed for the better, you still complain?”

 

Chanyeol sighs. “Baekhyun –“

 

His words were interrupted by the sound of notifications on their phones at the same time. Simultaneously, they pulled out their phones and checked their mail. “It’s a mission.” He looks up from his phone. “Jongdae, Minseok are out and Sehun and Suho are at the Kwon’s for the deal so I think me and Chanyeol –“

 

“It’s just a simple meeting, let D.O and I handle it.” Baekhyun tosses his phone on the counter and eats his bowl of cereal nonchalantly. “Besides, it’s been a while since we did something together.”

 

“Then we’ll pose as back up.” Yixing nods. “Keep your lines open.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter