Prompt 62

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: wolf!au kyungsoo dealing with the pups and stuff (I forgot what prompt that was.)

Word Count: 2957

 

A howl got Baekhyun’s eyes snap open. Beside him, Kyungsoo shifts a bit and nuzzles on his nape. The room is hot and Baekhyun finds himself sweating despite the coldness of the weather. Winter is coming after all but with his mate sleeping beside him, he doesn’t think that the weather will affect him that badly.

 

Back to the current situation.

 

Kyungsoo is sleeping through the howls meaning he’s exhausted from his duties. Baekhyun too has duties and that includes taking care of three little energetic pups and honestly, it’s taking a toll on him. Baekhyun really wants to sleep but he stands up anyway and walks out of their room to go to their sons’ room.

 

When he opens the door, Minseok is sitting on the bed, head up and howling. He’s still a pup so it sounded more of like a high pitchy whine. And in the middle of scattered pillows and blanket, a white pup and a gray pup were exchanging bites and scratches. Joonmyeon, the white pup, snarls and Jongdae, the gray pup, decides to scare his brother with a snap bite.

 

“Hey.”

 

The moment they heard their Mum’s voice, the three stopped.

 

Baekhyun sternly looked at each and every one of them. “What is the matter with you three and you are all making a ruckus? Your Dad is sleeping. Do you want him to get mad?” The three pups lowered their heads, ears flat. Joonmyeon is the first one to speak up.

 

“But Mum, Jongdae kicked me while I was sleeping.”

 

“It was an accident.” Jongdae frowns. “And I said I was sorry.”

 

“But it hurts.” He whimpers.

 

Baekhyun sighs and approaches the white pup. Gently, he lifts his son and lets the pup lie down in his arms. “There, there.” He whispers as he caresses the pup’s belly. “It was just an accident, Joonie. Dae is sorry.” Joonmyeon huffs a sigh of satisfaction while Jongdae whines beside him and stretches his limbs.

 

“Minseok, why were you howling?” Baekhyun asks the eldest of three.

 

“They were hurting each other, Mum.” The black pup lifts his foot and scratches his ear. “I can’t stop them so I called for you like you do with Dad.”

 

Ah, so that’s why. Baekhyun smiles and scratches the pup’s head. “Thank you, Minseok. But next time, just go to our room and wake me up, okay? Dad’s tired and it’s not best to wake him up.”

 

Jongdae puts his paws on Baekhyun’s thighs. “We don’t see Dad much lately.”

 

“Dad is just busy with patrols, dear.” Baekhyun hums as he cradles Joonmyeon back to sleep. The white pup looks like he’s fighting the urge to sleep to listen but his eyes were already closing. “But don’t worry. You’ll be spending more time with him before winter season comes.”

 

“Will he let us play in the pond?”

 

“Maybe not the pond.” Baekhyun frowns at the thought. The pond is now a mating area and the things happening there is not so suitable for very young audiences. It’s a place where non-mated wolves find their other halves and do something. Baekhyun winces. Young wolves these days. “But maybe I’ll tell Dad to take you to the river and play.” Jongdae yips and waggles his tail.

 

“Okay, go to sleep now.” Baekhyun settles Joonmyeon down once he deems the pup asleep. Joonmyeon is more like a baby despite Jongdae being the youngest of three. Minseok is the independent and reliable one while Jongdae is considered the troublemaker. But with three combined, they always give Baekhyun the same thing: a headache.

 

“It’s cold, Mum.” Minseok whispers. Baekhyun runs his fingers on soft black furs after he places another blanket on top of them to double.

 

“Don’t worry, darling. Dad and I will fix up your bed before winter starts.” Baekhyun makes a small memo to tell Kyungsoo about this. He gives Jongdae’s head soft pats before pressing his lips on each of his son’s forehead. “Sleep tight, little ones.”

 

When Baekhyun came back, he’s surprised to see Kyungsoo in his wolf form, all curled up on their bed. He smiles and approaches him after closing the door.

 

“Hey, I’m not going to sleep with the kids. Go shift back.”  

 

Kyungsoo huffs, eyes closed. Bones cracking and arranging back were heard until Kyungsoo is back in his human form lying on the bed bare . He shivers and immediately sat up to wrap himself with their thick blanket. Baekhyun chuckles.

 

“Aren’t the kids cold?” He mumbles.

 

“I gave them an extra. Tonight, you’re keeping me warm.”

 

Kyungsoo sleepily smiles at him and welcomes him in his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s tradition of the pack that every non-dominant wolf would go and hunt before winter season starts for their family. At first newcomers were against this because they don’t want to do the same as penguins. But when Kyungsoo explained to them that this is the strategy where they fool enemy packs into thinking that their pack is left vulnerable. This tradition started from Baekhyun’s father, former head alpha leader Byun.

 

With their mates gone for three days to hunt, that would leave dominant wolves to take care of their pups. The house or as they would like to call it, den, where they’re staying are is located in the middle of their village. From his position, Kyungsoo can see various wolves bidding their mates farewell and a safe hunt. There was a female alpha kissing her mate, a male beta for a safe journey and two omegas wrapped in an embrace. Kyungsoo smiles at the sight.

 

“Aren’t you gonna give me my goodbye kiss?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles softly. It’s dawn and the air is chilly. Kyungsoo wraps him in a tight hug. “Be safe, alright?” He whispers. Baekhyun pulls away with a grin plastered on his face.

 

“Relax. I’ve been doing this since the last few moons or so.” Baekhyun playfully flexes his arm and shows off his bicep. “These guns aren’t just for show, you know.”

 

“Okay, okay, I get it.” Kyungsoo pinches his mate’s cheek. Baekhyun yelps and cackles when he pinches both of Kyungsoo’s checks until the alpha whines in submission. They can feel eyes on them but at this moment, they didn’t care. Kyungsoo cups his mate’s face and thumbs those red cheeks. “Follow Chanyeol, alright?”

 

“Alright.” Baekhyun lets the alpha pull him in for a kiss when Chanyeol began to round them up. “Watch over the kids carefully. I already prepared breakfast and oh! The kids want you to take them to the river this morning when they wake up.” Kyungsoo nods in affirmation. “And when Joonmyeon wakes up in the middle of the night, sing and rock him to sleep, okay?”

 

“Got it.” Another kiss before Kyungsoo turns him around and gives him a small push on the back. “Now go and bring us good food.” Baekhyun smiles and waves, flashing him that rectangular smile that he grew to adore.

 

Kyungsoo watched them all shift – his pack shifting into wolves in different sizes and color. Baekhyun’s white wolf form is elegant and beautiful and Kyungsoo is so proud to see him standout amongst the others. Beside him is Luhan and in front of them, leading and guarding the hunt is Luhan’s mate, Chanyeol, and two other alphas. Kyungsoo locks eyes with Chanyeol’s before Chanyeol howls and started running, signaling for the hunt to start.

 

It’s still dark out and only a few more hours before the sun rises. Kyungsoo decided to get som

Please log in to read the full chapter