Prompt 73 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baekhyun is blind and kyungsoo is too nice for his own good

Word Count: 4023

 

“So you’re telling me, you slept with a blind guy.”

 

“A married guy, Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo sighs exasperatedly. “I slept with a married guy.”

 

Chanyeol squints his eyes. “That is blind.”

 

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes and turns his swivel chair to face the younger. “And what’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“Of all the people you could have gotten laid, it just had to be a blind person. Huh. Maybe the deities felt pity on you that’s why – ow!” Chanyeol hides his head in his arms when Kyungsoo threw a stapler on him. “What the was that for? Goddamit, Kyungsoo I was joking! Come on, man!”

 

Kyungsoo ignores his cries and turns around, placing his legs on top of his desk and takes out the small golden ring in his coat pocket. “And what about this? Did he left this on purpose?”

 

“Ay, what’s that?” Chanyeol leans forward, his head slotting on Kyungsoo’s shoulder to look at the object. “S’that a ring?”

 

Kyungsoo grew even more and more confused ever since that morning. Questions added by another pile of questions then another pile of questions dumped on top of another pile of questions. Everything is endless.  Kyungsoo sighs lifts the ring, placing it just in the middle of the light. “He must have forgot this. I remember he took this off when we got really into it, you know?”

 

Chanyeol grunts and pushes himself away from Kyungsoo, the swivel chair’s wheel making a noise on the floor. “Don’t wanna hear the details, shut up.”

 

“What is he trying to tell me? Is there some kind of cryptic message in this one?” Kyungsoo ponders.

 

The ring is made out of gold with the words “Mine” engraved at the back. The first time they woke up that dawn, Kyungsoo saw Baekhyun sitting on the edge of the bed, looking particularly at nowhere while playing with the ring on his finger. But around that time, he didn’t put that attention to it because when Baekhyun heard him awake, he immediately tackled him in a tight hug and kissed him breathless before another round of ensued.

 

He places the ring on his palm and frowns. What the hell was Baekhyun thinking?

 

“Maybe he wanted you to find him.”

 

Kyungsoo immediately turns the swivel chair, facing Chanyeol with eyes wide as saucers. Chanyeol blinks innocently, startled at Kyungsoo’s sudden reaction. “What was that?”

 

“Maybe he wanted you to find him.” Chanyeol repeats, slower this time. “I mean, he could find you but you did say he was blind so I don’t think it’s possible for him. And – hey, where are you going?” Kyungsoo stands up from his swivel chair and takes his satchel. “Yah, you’re leaving me here?! What if Wu comes here and complains about his stupid account again?!”

 

“I’m going to the recruitment firm. Testing area’s servers are at it again.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“Tell Minseok-hyung that I’m going to leave early today!” Then the door slammed closed, leaving Chanyeol inside the office department sighing heavily to himself.  Just when he’s about to continue scrolling through his Facebook feed, he straightens up and frowns.

 

“Wait, isn’t that guy married?”

 

 

 

 

 

They say it’s bad to stereotype a person but sometimes, it’s borderline scary how sometimes something so cliché is true. Like now, for example. His friend, Kim Junmyeon is sitting in front of him at the table booth at the far corner with a box of jelly powdered donut in front of him. There’s powder on either corner of his mouth and his cheeks are puffed from finishing his jelly donut, his other hand ready to get another one.

 

Artists say that they make police like donuts so much because it’s their boost of energy after a 12 hour draining non-stop patrol or undercover work. The sugar helps them a lot, too, especially the coffee. Kyungsoo even remembers watching a documentary about the donuts as the soldiers from World War II’s favorite food. Huh.

 

“Okay, you gave me a box of donuts and a hot choco, which is really unusual because you don’t treat me like this when it’s still the first week of the month.” Junmyeon skeptically looks at him, pointing the donut at his direction making a few powders scatter on the table. “Your paycheck won’t come until Friday so what’s the catch, Do Kyungsoo?”

 

Expect Junmyeon to notice even the tiniest details.

 

Kyungsoo his chapped lips and leans forward slightly, lacing his hands together in a formal manner. “Hyung.” His voice turned into a hush whisper. “I need you to do something for me.”

 

“Oh, god.” Junmyeon moans. “I was caught in a bribery trap.”

 

“Hyung, hyung, please.” Kyungsoo pulls the older male’s hand when he puts two of his fingers at the far end of his mouth in an attempt to throw everything he ate up, which is very disgusting especially in a place where a lot of people eats. “I really, really need it. It’s not any sort of illegal, I promise! I just need to know a lot of things about this person.”

 

Junmyeon stops and looks at him with a brow raised. “Isn’t invading someone’s personal information already illegal?”

 

“Illegal for me, but not for you.”

 

“But I’m giving this classified information to you, which makes it illegal.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs. “Hyung.” He ignores the fact that Junmyeon’s hand is so powdery from the donuts and wraps his hands around it. “I… met this guy two days before the end of May and he was all drenched in the rain so I asked him if he would like to come home with me. Then one thing led to another, we had .”

 

Junmyeon awed. “My baby finally got laid.”

 

“He’s a married, hyung.” Kyungsoo deadpans. “A blind and married guy.”

 

“Wait, he’s blind?”

 

Kyungsoo makes a face. “Are you all really going to look past the fact that he’s married?”

 

As if he doesn’t hear, Junmyeon places his free hand on top of the ones that were enclosed on his other, giving it two gentle pats. “But it doesn’t matter now, Soo. Whether it be a blind person, a deaf one or any kind of abnormalities, they’re still people. People with either a great or a delicious , as long as the is good, then it’s all good.” He pauses. “Is the good, by the way?”

 

“Okay, you’re not really getting my point.”

 

“But that guy did, eh?” Junmyeon winks and nudges him a few times. “Yeah, he got your point two days before the end of May.” He wiggles his brows. “I bet he got your point multiple times.”

 

“Oh god, hyung. Stop. Just…” Kyungsoo ducks his head, which is red from embarrassment. “Stop.”

 

“Anyways,” Kyungsoo pulls his hands off Junmyeon’s. “The morning after, I found this on my bedside table.” He pulls out the ring in his coat pocket and lets Junmyeon look at it in between his fingers. “It’s a wedding ring.”

 

“Obviously, by the looks of it.” Junmyeon leans back against his seat and ponders. “So you want my help to give that back, huh? Okay, fine. Though, I suggest if you do get to meet him, please time it when the husband isn’t at home. It might get pretty messy.” He takes out a memo pad on his coat pocket and a pen. “What was the blind guy’s name again?”

 

Kyungsoo stares at him. “You know, sometimes I wonder if you’re really a police officer.”

 

“Don’t get me wrong. I don’t condone cheating, kid, and I know you don’t, too. But I know there’s a deeper explanation to this that you purposely left out so that I wouldn’t know. I respect that yes, because I know this is something you want to solve on your own.” Junmyeon said thoughtfully. “Just… be careful, okay?”

 

As expected, you can never escape Junmyeon’s sharp eye to details. It’s so sharp it’s almost frightening. But maybe it’s because of Junmyeon’s motherly nature that makes him so keen in to details. After all, he’s just looking out for him.

 

“Okay.” Kyungsoo smiles. “I will.”

 

“You should be.” Junmyeon hums. “Now about that name…”

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Kyungsoo got an e-mail from Junmyeon about Baekhyun’s information. He skipped the physical digits and went down to the personal info. There he reads that he’s thirty-three years old, two years older than Kyungsoo and he’s been married for seven years to a man named Oh Sehun.

 

Oh Sehun - the cheater.

 

Just when he reached the address, he’s surprised to find it blank and below a note from Junmyeon stating that he’s sorry but everything is classified until there. An ordinary person might have been pissed at this but there’s actually a lot of ways to find an address. Kyungsoo went back at the first details of information and stops at the telephone number.

 

He could call Baekhyun but chances of the husband answering it instead is close to 90% and he doesn’t want to risk it so he needs to go there personally and like Junmyeon said, time it when the husband is out of the house. Now for the address – Kyungsoo jots down the number on a tissue before leaving the house.

 

He’s not going to work today. Instead, he’s going to pay someone a visit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So you need to take a look at my big book of wisdom to know about someone’s address.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Isn’t that invasion of privacy?”

 

“Yes, but I have a good reason for it and Junmyeon-hyung is okay with it.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter