Prompt 16

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt 16: best friends baeksoo agree on being buddies, but somehow kyungsoo got knocked up.

Word Count: 1971

 

This can’t be happening.

 

Kyungsoo stares at the test in front of him – staring at the two red lines in horror. He looks at Baekhyun, who was giving him an equal horrified look and then back at the test in case his eyes deceived him. Then without a word, he stood up, grabbed Baekhyun by the arm, moving his hand up to caress the elder’s cheek.

 

Baekhyun seems to be startled at this, tensing, but in a few seconds, he eased into it and relaxes against Kyungsoo’s hold, leaning against the touch. There was a pink hue dusting his cheeks and he thinks that wow, maybe this news isn’t so bad. It’s going to be a game changer for them. Maybe Kyungsoo –

 

“What the did you do to me?!” Kyungsoo screeches and pinches his cheek so hard he can almost feel Kyungsoo’s nails digging in his skin.

 

“OOOWWWWW! YOU’RE KILLING ME DAMMIT! LET GO!”

 

“I WON’T LET GO, ! YOU DESERVE PAIN!”

 

Baekhyun successfully tears Kyungsoo’s hand away and aggressively wipes the tears of pain that managed to come out with the back of his hand. “DAMMIT! I TASTED BLOOD! , ARE YOU CRAZY OR SOMETHING?! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO WANTS TO BE ED!”

 

“BUT I NEVER FAILED TO REMIND YOU TO WEAR ING CONDOMS!”

 

“I –“ Baekhyun raised a finger and then looks back that last night they did before Baekhyun went to Tokyo for a business meeting. “Oh, .”

 

PLAK!

 

“OUCH!”

 

 

 

 

 

It started when they found themselves sitting beside each other watching a freaking basketball match instead of going out on their “supposed” dates at Valentines. They have – had a date but then a month before that, their respective partners broke up with them because of reasons they find absurd.

 

“You know what? I can’t understand why Jongdae would break up with me.” Baekhyun said. “I did everything for him. I supported him during that time he went rebel to his parents and I hate to add this but, I even washed his underwear.” Kyungsoo raised a brow. “Barehanded.”

 

“What?”

 

“The washing machine broke and I had no money so no choice, bruh.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“But I love him, Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun dramatically throws his arms around his best friend. “I even bottomed! Of all of my relationships, he’s the only person I bottomed! Can you believe that? I let him me.” He groans. “I felt like a .” 

 

“But aren’t you one?” Kyungsoo smirks but was met by a pillow on his face.

 

“Hey, excuse me, but aren’t you the number one here in this room?”

 

Kyungsoo raised a brow. It was true. Kyungsoo despite his quiet nature can be quite a screamer in bed. Sometimes he hears this when he accidentally stumbles in the younger’s apartment because he’s dead drunk (those times when he’s still Jongdae-less) and he can literally hear Kyungsoo like a in heat. He pities his neighbors, really. Though, sometimes he wonders if Chanyeol is a really good if he can make his best friend like that.

 

Kyungsoo did not specify about the reason for their break-up. But then Kyungsoo mentioned one time during their drinking session (post-Jongdae) that he found out Chanyeol cheated on him at one point in their relationship with a guy he met when Kyungsoo was in Japan. The affair lasted for about two weeks but a cheater is always a cheater so when he found out, Kyungsoo immediately broke up with him.

 

Baekhyun made sure not to mention that he knows.

 

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo downs his shot. “Relationships aren’t just for me.”

 

“Aww,” Baekhyun curls his lower lip and leans forward. “Baby Soo is getting so emo tonight.”

 

“Shut up, Baek.” But there was small smile on his face. “Though, personally. Why can’t all relationships be easy like…?” He looks at the TV. “Like basketball.” Baekhyun looks at where his best friend was pointing. “A give and take relationship.”

 

“Ah,” Baekhyun leans his head against his palm. “But what about the person who steals?”

 

Kyungsoo’s face darkens. “I was talking about the teammates, .”

 

Baekhyun gives him a nervous smile.

 

“So what? Are you asking if you want to play basketball?”

 

Kyungsoo scoffs a laugh, but his eyes comically went wide before straightening up. Then he looks at Baekhyun as if he said the best idea ever. Baekhyun stops laughing immediately. “What?”

 

“You.” He grabs Baekhyun by the shoulders. “Will you play basketball with me?”

 

“Err, excuse me?” Baekhyun blinks rapidly. “Are you asking if I could shoot some hoops?”

 

“Baekhyun, what the hell, but yes. Will you?” Kyungsoo pulls back and crosses his heart. “No strings attached, I promise.”

 

And that was the start.

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter