Prompt 67 - c

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: mpreg!baeksoo where they’re in rival families. (won’t give the whole prompt because it’ll be like a mini-spoiler)

Word Count: 4337

 

Doctor Shim smiles and bows her head when he sees Baekhyun. She’s known for a while how the young man has been coming back and forth in her clinic. Even before the whole engagement news popped out. Baekhyun thinks that she’s someone that he can trust in these kind of things. Despite it being… sad.

 

“I’m asking you once again, Baekhyun-sshi.” Doctor Shim asks, her voice soothing and gentle. “Are you sure about this?”

 

Baekhyun looks down on his stomach and caresses it gently before looking at the doctor with a bitter smile. “You know, doctor. I’ve always wanted a child of my own. But not right now… not when everything’s all ed up in my life.”

 

Doctor Shim sighs and nods. “Okay. I’ll have to make you–“

 

Their conversation got interrupted when the sound of the phone blaring through Baekhyun’s coat pocket. His eyes went wide, alarmed at the sudden call. He quickly pulls out the device and frowns when he sees Kyungsoo’s name on the phone screen. Doctor Shim gestures for him to continue. “You can accept the call, Baekhyun-sshi. I won’t mind.”

 

“Sorry.” Baekhyun bows in apology before sliding the phone to accept the call. He pressed it against his ear and heaves a frustrated sigh. “What?”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Uh-I don’t know… somewhere?” Baekhyun frowns. “Why would you care?”

 

“Goddammit, Baekhyun. I swear if you’re in that ing abortion clinic, I’m going to strangle you.” Kyungsoo growls under his breath.


Baekhyun’s blood ran cold. He his lips and shifts the phone on his other ear. “I’m not. Now quit calling me and leave me alone.” There was a sudden ruckus going outside and Baekhyun can distinctively hear the sound of the nurse protesting outside. Doctor Shim stood up from her chair was about to make her way towards when all of the sudden, the door bursts open.

 

And there stood Kyungsoo.

 

“What… the… …” Kyungsoo pants hard. He has his hands on his knees as he catches his breath, one eye open as he stares at Baekhyun in anger. Baekhyun can’t help the scowl on his face when he sees the man.

 

“I’m sorry, doctor.” The nurse said behind him. “I can’t stop him.”

 

“It’s okay.” Doctor Shim looks surprisingly calm at this. “You can close the door now.”

 

“No, don’t.” He quickly strides over to Baekhyun’s side and grabs his wrist. “We’re leaving.” He pulls him up and started to drag him outside. But after two steps in, Baekhyun yanks his wrist out of Kyungsoo’s grasp. Kyungsoo looks at him, bewildered.

 

“What are you doing? I thought you made it clear that you don’t care what I do with this thing?” Baekhyun frowns.

 

“Baekhyun, please be reasonable.” Kyungsoo puts his hands on his hips. “The people are expecting a wedding and your mother already broadcasted it to the world that we’re expecting a baby. Now, you’re here ruining all of that? Don’t be stupid.” He grabs his arm again. “We’re leaving.”

 

“No,” Baekhyun yanks his hand away again. “You’re the one who’s leaving. I’m getting rid of this baby because I…” He grits his teeth and clenches his fists. “I don’t want to have any sorts of connection with you. And if this baby is gone, everything will be back like how it should be. So go back and never –“

 

A slap on his face has Baekhyun stumbling. He slowly touches his cheek and scowls. “What the –“ Kyungsoo interrupts him by grabbing his arm and dragging him outside but when Baekhyun seems to adamant to refuse, Doctor Shim bows her head and excused herself. The door gently closed leaving Baekhyun and Kyungsoo exchanging heated and taunting glares.

 

“Everything will be back like how it should be, so? Will you be able to live your life without feeling guilty?” Kyungsoo scowls.

 

“It’ll much worse when this baby lives in this time.” Baekhyun spats. “Everything is so ed up. What? You think this baby will magically fix everything when this come out? Not everything is perfect like your family, Do Kyungsoo. My mother doesn’t acknowledge me and my Dad is too busy to be a lapdog than an actual father to me!”

 

“My family is not perfect, Baekhyun and you of all person knows that.” Kyungsoo growls. “Do you have any idea what they did to me when the scandal with the servant broke out, huh?” He points at himself. “They threw me away. Me, their son, they threw me away. Just for the sake of clearing their image and the company’s. I had to ing work my way up to be recognized once again.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. He didn’t know that.

 

“Our parents… they’ve ed us up.” Kyungsoo said, chest heaving and eyes pleading. “Are you… Are we going to do same to ours?”

 

And just like that, realization dawned on Baekhyun’s face. He’s been so caught up on redeeming himself – on making everything right back on track in his life that he forgot that what he’s about to do is murder. Baekhyun looks down on his shaking hands as he lets the tears fall on his palms. He’s going to kill an innocent baby just because of his selfish reasons.

 

“Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo sighs. “Let’s go.”

 

He gently wraps his fingers around Baekhyun’s wrists and gives him a gentle tug. Baekhyun slowly looks at him. “Come on.” He whispers.

 

And Baekhyun lets him.

 

 

 

 

 

A few days after that, it wasn’t a surprise for his parents to tell him that starting from now, Baekhyun will be staying at the penthouse where he’s living in. Says that they should be prepared in time when they’re finally going to live together after they get married. Kyungsoo wanted to say no – to protest and voice out his wants, but the look on his father’s face is enough to shut him up.

 

It wasn’t long before Baekhyun officially moved in with him. He expected for the older male to stop bothering him after that touching conversation they had back at the blasted abortion clinic. But no…

 

“Yah, Baekhyun! I thought I told you not to mix up the whites and the colors in the laundry, you idiot!”

 

“It’s the same laundry anyway. How was I supposed to know, er!”

 

Okay, so the fighting and bickering still continues but it’s not as awful as before. It’s not light, not that heavy either. It’s more of like people poking each other with knives but never fully stabbing them. Kyungsoo finds this okay sometimes but Baekhyun seems to be getting on his nerves most of the times. He would have gone back to his old ways if it wasn’t for Baekbeom’s tight watch over him.

 

, he really hates that guy.

 

“Why don’t you just make it work?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at Jongdae in disbelief. “Excuse me, what?”

 

“I mean, instead of making an issue over little things, why don’t you just make it work with Baekhyun?” Jongdae places his head on the pillow that’s pressed against his chest. “You are going to live with him for god knows how long since you two are going to get married soon. Instead of fighting, why don’t you just… try to get along?”

 

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes. “Me? Get along with that ?” He scoffs a laugh. “Are you insane?”

 

Jongdae furrows his brows. “Why not? You two don’t have a choice anyway. Soon, Baekhyun’s going to give birth to your child. You can’t expect to fight all day around the child. It will affect that kid greatly!” Then he seriously added. “If that happen, I will personally murder you.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns. Jongdae’s right. He boldly declares that he doesn’t want the same thing that happened to them to happen to their future child. He remembers reading this randomly back at website that the child’s attitude will grow around from the environment where he or she grows at. If he wants that kid to grow up good and company heir potential, he’ll play things right.

 

Even if it would mean getting along with said .

 

“Fine.” Kyungsoo looks at his cousin. “What did you do?”

 

Jongdae blinks. “What?”

 

“You and Joonmyeon-hyung don’t get along well the first time you two met. What’s the secret?”

 

Jongdae purses his lips and pretends to think. “What’s the secret?” Then he grins. “I said sorry.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. “Wait, that’s it?”

 

Jongdae nods. With a smile, he continues. “Even if it’s not my fault, I apologize. I have to back down when it’s necessary. It’s like…” He hums and clicks his tongue. “It’s like a game or rock, paper and scissors.” Jongdae said. “Before Joonmyeon and I are rocks who keep on bumping each other and clashing. But instead of doing that, I became paper and adapted my actions around him.”

 

Kyungsoo raised a brow. “But doesn’t paper beat rock?”

 

“In a way of speaking,” Jongdae smirks. “Doing that also makes you the winner. You win in life.”

 

“So….” Kyungsoo trails. “Apologizing is the key to success, is that what you’re trying to say?”

 

“Apologizing is the first key to a successful relationship. The rest will follow.” Jongdae winks.

 

Kyungsoo slowly nods. But when he sees Jongdae’s playful gaze, he immediately reddens. “It’s not – I’m not looking for a goddamn relationship. Especially with that !” He exclaims. “I just want to make things work. It’s for the kid!”

 

“Okay, okay.” Jongdae holds up his hands in defense. “I wasn’t even saying anything.”

 

“Ugh, you make my head hurt.” Kyungsoo grumbles a string of curses as he grabs his coat on the armchair. “I’m ing leaving.” He said before stomping out of the living room.

 

Jongdae sighs and shakes his head.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun isn’t allowed in the hospital. His older brother made sure of that. Being a busybody, Baekhyun can’t help but sulk at this treatment. He’s so used on spending the day working at the ER and then go out at night to have fun rather that spend the whole day trapped in a demon’s house.

 

Baekhyun glares at his stomach. “This is your fault.” But after saying that, he immediately felt bad and gives his bump soft caresses. “I’m sorry. Daddy’s just mad, that’s all.”

 

He can’t help but feel envious of Kyungsoo. The guy still can go on with his daily routine – he even guesses that the younger would extend any of his work just to avoid going home early to spend some time with him. It’s not that Baekhyun’s bitter about it. In fact, he wants Kyungsoo to stay away from him. The farther, the better.

 

Baekhyun remembers the first doctor appointment he had that Chanyeol accompanied him. Exercise. He needs to do some slight stretching – a few walks around the spacey room. With a groan, Baekhyun stands up and puts his hands on his back, supporting his weight. It’s still small but for a first timer like him, this bump carries a l

Please log in to read the full chapter