Prompt 75 - c

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: soulmates!baeksoo

Word Count: 3175

 

Kyungsoo’s talks with Baekhyun became frequent that it affected his sleep. His body clock changed drastically that he finds himself very much alive during evenings and dead asleep during mornings. How he managed to stay awake during lectures is a miracle itself but during break time, he’s lying on the rooftop or at the nurse’s office, sleeping.

 

A soft tap had him jolting awake.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah.” Taekwoon whispers, pointing at their teacher who’s giving him a judging look. At that moment, the sleep in his system flushed out and embarrassment took place when he finally sits upright.

 

“You know, if you aren’t the highest mark in this class, you would have been in detention, Kyungsoo.” Mr. Jun slams his paper in front of him – 59 out of 60 – then huffs. “I’ll let you go this time but try not to do it again.”

 

Kyungsoo mumbles an apology before taking his test paper in hand.

 

It’s also a miracle how he retained his grades despite the lack of sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, what’s your Math score?”

 

“Sehun, you do know that we have different Maths, right?”

 

“Just tell me!”

 

“Uh…” Kyungsoo furrows his brows as he searches for his papers in his small folder before answering. “30?”

 

“Aha!” Sehun throws his paper on Kyungsoo’s face making said man freeze, his face passive when the paper fell. “I got a 50.” He grins smugly, folding his arms against his chest. “You lose. Now you owe me –“

 

“It was out of 30, you brat.” Kyungsoo deadpans. “I got a perfect score.”

 

“Dammit.”

 

Kyungsoo tunes his brother out after the younger began a serious of complaints about how Kyungsoo should tone down with the grades and stop being a smartass all the time. Instead, he focused on arranging his test papers in a folder after using the puncher. He had to make them neat and organized so that the next time his father would ask for them, he wouldn’t complain about this.

 

“So are you going to enter the university where Dad’s working?” Sehun is sitting on his bed, pillow wrapped around his arms. “It’s all the way to Seoul so you have to move.”

 

“No.”

 

He hears the bed creak. “But Mama wants you to.”

 

“No.”

 

“Aw,” Sehun lies on the bed, the bed creaking again at the movement. Kyungsoo sighs and fastens the papers. “But what about that letter from Seoul Uni? Dad left it here before leaving yesterday.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs and takes off his glasses, rubbing his forehead. Seoul National University is a great school to go to especially if the field he wanted to work in is Medicine. He’d be schoolmates with Junmyeon, too. But the risk of seeing that girl – that ing girl – who he caught on the table locking lips with his father is high. He lost control then. He doesn’t want that to happen again.

 

“I’ll just apply at a different college. It’s not a big deal.”

 

Sehun hums. “Then what about Mama? I’ve been hearing her brag about you going to Seoul Uni. What if she finds out you’re not going there?”

 

“Then I’ll find a school in Seoul that’s even better than Seoul Uni.” Kyungsoo mutters. “Just don’t force me to go to Seoul Uni. Anywhere is better than that school.”

 

It was a long silence before Sehun answers. “Okay. If that’s what you want.”

 

After that, Sehun began to talk about what happened to his day: how this girl in class successfully confessed to a junior and now they’re dating and about what happened during their soccer practice. Kyungsoo puts his glasses back and leans his cheek against his palm as he works on his assignment.

 

This boring and mundane routine they have… he doesn’t want that to change. But Kyungsoo’s last year is coming to an end and from there, he knows he’s going to cross another two-way path. It’s scary.

 

Change is so scary.

 

 

 

 

 

You finished college, right?

 

Yup! Graduated last year, actually.

It’s Business Administration. Pain in the tbh. ~(>_<~)

 

Kyungsoo adjusted his glasses and continues typing.

 

Really? I thought you already finished.

 

Nah. I stopped for a year. I have to thank my parents for that. 

But roommate, however, is in his second year of residency ╰ (▔∀▔) ╯

 

Medicine. Kyungsoo furrows his brows. So this roommate Baekhyun is so fond of speaking is studying medicine. That caught his attention. Usually when Baekhyun speaks of his roommate, he would ignore it or quickly shift the conversation. He doesn’t like this feeling of annoyance whenever it happens. Ugh.

 

Medicine? What school did he go to?

 

Yonsei.

 

Kyungsoo mentally takes a note of that. So you studied at Yonsei, too?

 

Oh, no!

I went to Seoul Uni.

 

Kyungsoo stills. Of all university why does it have to Seoul Uni? It would have been easy if Baekhyun went to Yonsei. As a matter of fact, he already pictured that big smile on the older’s face when he breaks the news that he passed (if ever) the entrance exam. Chances of meeting there is high, too!

 

But Seoul Uni? Really?

 

But isn’t Yonsei and Seoul National University far?

 

It took a while before Baekhyun replies.

 

There’s a story to that, actually.

Roommate and I actually lived at an apartment 22 minutes away from Seoul Uni and 3 minutes away from Yonsei. I used to go to Yonsei but then happened and I ended up transferring to Seoul Uni at the next term making me an irregular.

Then the whole coming out of the closet went downhill so I couldn’t enroll in the next semester at school. I was kicked out of the school dorm so roommate forced me to live with him.

 

He doesn’t want to feel jealous, really. But this roommate that Baekhyun is talking about is doing so much to Baekhyun that he doesn’t know if it’s borderline friendship or there’s something more to it. Kyungsoo’s grip on the mouse tightens.

 

He’s the soulmate. If there had been something that happened between roommate and Baekhyun, it would have been long gone.

 

Roommate’s a cool guy, really. ( ´ ▽ ` )

 

Kyungsoo bites his thumb before typing.

 

My Dad is a professor at Seoul Uni.

 

I know.

I mean, he’s the only Professor Do there so…

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. Oh, well if he attended that school, there’s a big chance that his father handled him.

 

Why are you asking about universities anyway?

Oh wait. You’re graduating.

I forgot.

Advance congratulations, my love~ (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)

 

Kyungsoo blushed crimson but does not let it faze him as he types out a response.

 

Shut up.

 

Aww… so cute. (ノ´ з `)ノ

 

Their conversation continued on with Baekhyun’s coos and endearing compliments. Kyungsoo ended up not sleeping at all even after the midnight channel because he kept thinking about the things that Baekhyun had said to him and it made him blush hard.

 

Goddammit.

 

 

 

 

 

It was another dinner night where their father graced them once again with his presence. The choice of food that he had brought came from another fast food restaurant and to his surprise, it was his stepmom’s favorite.

 

As always, it’s heavy with tension and the silence is slowly killing Sehun. He keeps on fidgeting and his legs keeps on bumping Kyungsoo’s over and over. Kyungsoo sighs.

 

“Did you get the letter?”

 

Kyungsoo knows his father is talking about the invitation Seoul National University has sent him. A normal high prestigious university wouldn’t do this but Kyungsoo is a son of a professor there. Biased, yes, but it’s how the world works.

 

(If you don’t have any connections, you have to work your way up the hard way.)

 

“I did.” Kyungsoo answers.

 

Mr. Do grunts as he nods. “So? What do you think?”

 

“I’m…” Sehun gave him a wary look. “I’m thinking of applying at another university.”

 

It was like a bomb dropped in their house. His stepmom tenses but not because of his answer, it’s because she’s afraid of how her ex-husband will take it. It’s been a lifelong plan for Kyungsoo to go to Seoul National University. Hell, his father had been bragging to his co-workers about his son coming there to snatch all of the awards in this school for him to take.

 

But this…

Please log in to read the full chapter