Prompt 64

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: another domestic baeksoo with and a bad problem but fluff and a mix of fluffy bad boy and a good student baeksoo (master coconut has honestly no idea how this is going to work but let’s give it a go, shall we?)

Word Count: 3221

 

Kyungsoo opens the door and sighs when he sees Baekhyun with that -eating grin. “What the hell happened to you again?” He opens the wider and lets the boy in.

 

Byun Baekhyun, the one who has a swollen face and an obvious black-eye skips – no joke, he did – and plops down his couch. It was a good thing his roommate is back at home with his family for the holidays or else he’s going to freak when he sees Baekhyun like this. (Joonmyeon can be a worrywart.)

 

Despite the swollen and beat up face, Baekhyun looks at him and pats the space beside him on the loveseat couch. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and closes the door, locking it afterwards. It’s hard to imagine that the cold and fierce Byun Baekhyun who is apparently his younger’s brother’s former bully (poor Jongin) is like this.

 

Kyungsoo is a third year med student, studying at SM University to be a doctor while this squirt is only in his first year in high school. They met because Baekhyun has a knack of getting in trouble and Kyungsoo is a guy who can’t stop himself from helping a person in need (it’s the reason he wants to become a doctor, meh.) Jongin told him how Baekhyun is nothing but a er and that he shouldn’t have helped him when he saw him that time, but Kyungsoo… isn’t that kind of person.

 

“How many times did I tell you not to go and participate in gang wars, Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo irritatingly huffs after placing his med kit on the small coffee table. “Didn’t I also tell you to quit it?”

 

“Yeeeeaah… the thing is…” Baekhyun winces at the dab on his cheek. “This happened because – ow! – I left the gang and Namjoon isn’t… that… keen on it.”

 

Secretly, Kyungsoo’s pleased because the kid left the gang because he told him to, but upon hearing that guy’s name, that feeling went away quickly as it had come. He remembers Baekhyun worshipping that guy. What does that kid even have to be considered as something great? He’s just a snooty brat, anyway.

 

“Namjoon, huh?” Kyungsoo raised his brow. “Is he some kind of a leader or something?”

 

“The very best – ow!” Baekhyun coils at the dab that suddenly felt like a stab. “Are you insane?!”

 

“Keep quiet!” Kyungsoo hisses. “If they find out I let a high schooler in the dorm room, I am so going to get in trouble.” Baekhyun smirks and tilts his head.

 

“Aw, goody-good two shoes Kyungsoo is too afraid of getting in trouble~” He coos.

 

“I can throw you out the window, you know.”

 

“But you can’t because you love me.”

 

“Uh-huh.” Kyungsoo takes a bottle of ointment and pours it diligently on another ball of cotton. Then he looks at the high schooler and pinches his ear. Baekhyun yelps. “Like I would ever date someone with these… these things.”

 

“It’s a piercing, you old fart.” Baekhyun pries his fingers away. But then what Kyungsoo said has him beaming. “Wait, so you don’t mind me being like… 15, right? You’d still date me, right?” He yelps and back away when Kyungsoo makes a move on pinching his ear again. “Kyungsoo!”

 

“It’s hyung, squirt. Call me hyung.” Kyungsoo huffs and cups Baekhyun’s face with his other hand to dab the cotton on his bruised face. Baekhyun winces. “I don’t date younger guys, idiot. And even if I do date younger guys, I don’t think I can maintain one. I’m getting my bachelor’s degree now and dating will only ruin my focus.”

 

“Then afterwards?”

 

“I’m getting a master’s.”

 

“After… that?”

 

“PhD.”

 

Baekhyun huffs. “That’s not fair.” He pursed his lips. “If you don’t want to date then… somewhere in the future, you’ll marry me, right?” He grins. Kyungsoo chokes on his spit and started coughing. Baekhyun giggles at the sight. “Hey, you’ll marry me, right? Marry me, hyung!”

 

“Ah, that sounded weird.” Kyungsoo waves away after regaining his breath and composure. “I take that back. Don’t call me hyung. And stop with that marriage bull because I’m not marrying you or anyone.”

 

 

 

 

 

>> fast forward

 

“Darling… it’s…” A yawn. “…your turn.”

 

Kyungsoo groggily opens his eyes and turns to the side. “I can’t open my eyes.” He mumbles. He’s about to drift off to sleep but there’s a sharp cry coming from the baby monitor. He grumbles something under his breath and sits up.

 

Now the cries has gotten louder.

 

“Hmm… need backup?”

 

“No, no… you had a long day.” Kyungsoo pats the fluff of hair beside him and lowers his hand down until it cups the other’s cheek. “Go back to sleep, Baekhyun.”

 

“Hmmm…” Baekhyun smiles at him and did just that.

 

Oh, how time flew by so fast. How funny it is to find himself in this years later. He didn’t expect to fall in love with the younger when he got 17 and started dating him when Baekhyun turned 18. They got married when Baekhyun turned 22, Kyungsoo was 30 then. They even have a beautiful daughter that they adopted 2 years after that.

 

(They named her Ara because Baekhyun is smitten with the actress Go Ara after watching Hwarang so he named her Ara. So with Kyungsoo’s surname, her name would be Do Ara. But her complete name is Byun-Do Ara. Still the same. It rocks.)

 

“Oh, my princess. Why are you crying?” Kyungsoo whispers and lifts the 10 month old toddler in his arms and rocks her gently. “Ara, hush now. Daddy’s here.”

 

(There was history and a lot of drama back at the 3 years of Baekhyun’s high school life due to his then one-sided love with the med student, but that’s a story for another time.)

 

Kyungsoo kisses the side of his daughter’s head and hums a lullaby.

 

You can’t know what’s going to happen the future. It’s something unexpected. But then, it’s funny on looking back at the memories of before that leads them to their now.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ugh, I still can’t get used to this.”

 

“If it isn’t my brother-in-law!” Baekhyun opens his arms and welcomes Jongin in a hug. “How have you been, buddy?”

 

“Don’t – Don’t touch me, ugh!” Jongin shudders after pushing Baekhyun away and dusts himself off rather violently while muttering he doesn’t want to get germs and diseases. “Goddammit, Byun. I told you don’t!”

 

Baekhyun feigns hurt. “Oh, come on. We’re family now!” He grins cheekily. “Can’t I hug my brother-in-law?”

 

When he sees his brother, Jongin gives him a look. “Can I punch him again? I’ll make it harder before that time you were getting married. It’ll be really the last time, I swear.”

 

Jongin had punched him in his dressing room that time and that hurts like a . The black-eye he had when he walked down the aisle said it all.

 

“I’ll just get Ara.” Baekhyun kisses his husband’s cheek and coos at the adorable smile Kyungsoo gives him afterwards. When Jongin makes a face, Baekhyun sticks his tongue out at him before leaving. Jongin makes a noise of frustration.

 

“Ah, stop it, you kids.” Kyungsoo pulls his brother in a hug. “On the other note, it’s good to see you again, Jongin. I hear you’re doing great. How’s Sehun?”

 

“Ah, he’s fine. He’s in Japan. Got a photoshoot with Vogue.”

 

Baekhyun stiffens upon hearing that. He’s not really that far long when he hears that.

 

Sehun used to be another gang member and when he found out that Baekhyun had quit, he too followed that and got a beating of his own. In time, Sehun and Jongin got to know each other fully well. Despite Sehun being one of Jongin’s former bullies, they started dating after high school graduation.

 

Sehun originally studied marketing but a manager scouted him and now, he’s a successful model.

 

Then there’s him…

 

A waiter.

 

On his trek upstairs, he passed by frames of Kyungsoo’s diplomas and certificates. There were pictures, too on his graduation gowns raging from high school to college, PhD’s, master’s, award of recognition, certificate of being a professor, it goes on.

 

Kyungsoo’s parents are archaeologists, currently in Egypt. Jongin is head of the department at the company he’s working at. Sehun’s in Japan doing modelling stuff and having his face shown on different magazines.

 

Then there’s him…

Please log in to read the full chapter