Prompt 41 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make an angel!au fic for baeksoo either it be angel b or angel k or angel anyone

Word Count: 2184

 

Baekhyun could not believe this is happening.

 

“Wait, you’re leaving me with this?” Baekhyun scowls in annoyance. They try to keep their voices in a minimum because Luhan is watching TV in the living room. They don’t want the kid to witness one of their embarrassing fights. “I thought we were supposed to find his parents together?”

 

Kyungsoo fixes the satchel on his shoulder then looks at Baekhyun with a sigh. “I’ve got a job, Baekhyun.” He deadpans. “So how about this? Instead of running around and throwing your money to some bimbo or some ty while drowning yourself with booze, how about you go make yourself useful and search for his goddamn parents.” He leaves with a slam of the door leaving no place for Baekhyun to respond.

 

“, this .” Baekhyun mutters and runs his fingers through his hair in frustration.

 

Amidst the chaos that’s happening, they didn’t know Luhan actually sees and hears whatever they were doing and instead of watching the TV, he’s watching them with wide and calculating eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

Riding the train to the main city, Luhan clasps on Baekhyun’s hand as they sit on the half-empty chairs. He looks around in curiosity and then settles his gaze on the window. His mouth slightly parts in awe at the sight. He twists his body and ends up kneeling on the chair and has his palms planted on the window, face almost following the same. Baekhyun sighs.

 

“You’ll fall.” He snakes his arm around the boy’s body to support him. “Sit properly.”

 

“Is the city really this beautiful, mister?”

 

Baekhyun hums then looks at where the kid is currently looking at. It’s a beautiful place indeed. In the city, plenty of sights and amazing views will greet you. Surprises that will change your life forever. Because in that particular city was where he met the love of his life and where they got their beloved treasure. But that city was also the place where they lost that treasure and everything fell apart.

 

Baekhyun looks away. “Don’t let those things fool you, kid.” He mutters. “The beauty you’re seeing is nothing but artificial.” He doesn’t say anymore but still has an arm around Luhan for support. He considers smoking but he thinks that he’ll do it once they got out. He thumbs the packet inside his coat pocket and lets out a puff of breath.

 

“It must be unfortunate then.” Luhan wonders out loud. “For I see all the beauty in everything I see.”

 

Baekhyun stiffens and looks at the boy. “What?”

 

“You have such pretty eyes, mister.” Luhan beams. “And it may not look like it but you’re a kind and wonderful person. You just wanted that other mister to notice you and give you the love and affection that you desperately crave. Just from the look in your eyes, I know you’re a good person, mister.” He tilts his head. “Or was that also artificial like you’re telling me earlier?”

 

Baekhyun looks at the boy in shock.

 

Who is this boy, really?

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello, sir. How may I help you?”

 

Luhan’s eyes went wide when he saw the familiar man standing in front of them. He opens his mouth wide, ready to greet the person but the man winks and presses his finger against his lips – a gesture to tell him to keep quiet. Luhan nods and clamps his mouth with his hands.

 

“Ah,” Baekhyun finally looks up from his phone and stares at the angelic looking man in a bored manner. “Can I see if there’s any search warrant ongoing nowadays?” He said. “This kid is missing and I was wondering if maybe his parents are looking for him.”

 

“I see.” The man with a blue crisp police officer uniform nods. Baekhyun narrows his eyes on the name tag on the left side of his chest.

 

Suho.

 

“Well,” Suho takes a form in one of the counters and hands it to Baekhyun. “Since you’re his temporary guardian, I would like you to fill in this form. Please include your number and an emergency number in case you’re unavailable.” He looks at Luhan. “Will you come with me to take a picture in case your parents would like to confirm what you look like?”

 

Luhan looks at Baekhyun for permission. “Yeah sure, go ahead.”

 

Luhan takes Suho’s hand and follows him with a happy smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“I see you’re making tough progress.” Suho remarks. They were back in heaven in Archangel Suho’s pristine white office. Luhan giggles and snuggles in his clothes. He missed the comfy and warm feeling. “How is everything going on with the couple?”

 

“Terrible.” Luhan sighs. “I need a connection. I want to form a connection to the both of them to know what’s troubling their heart. I figured that I can’t just do a direct approach and let them bond forcefully.” Then he ponders. “But I admit that’s a good idea.”

 

“Just not now?”

 

“Just not now.” Luhan affirms with a giggle.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun looks at Luhan as he runs towards him. “That took so long.”

 

Suho bows his head in apology. “Well, we need a clear shot. Luhan’s an energetic little kid, I suppose.”

 

“That’s all right.” Baekhyun looks at the boy then gestures to follow with his chin. “Let’s go.”

 

Luhan nods in affirmation and then does what he’s been told. They see Officer Suho waving at them goodb

Please log in to read the full chapter