Prompt 67 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: mpreg!baeksoo where they’re in rival families. (won’t give the whole prompt because it’ll be like a mini-spoiler)

Word Count: 5278

 

The gala is a formal meet-up with rich and influential families – filled with old men and women with fine jewelries. Kyungsoo chances upon a glance at his mother. She dresses simple and yet, elegance still radiated along with her beauty. She has a warm smile plastered on her face in every greeting despite the people being fake. After all, his mother is too innocent and kind for her own good.

 

When his parents are already moving forward too fast greeting other guests, Kyungsoo took this chance to slip away.

 

 

 

 

 

“You need to stop doing that. You gather too much attention.” Mr. Do whispers on his wife’s ear. Mrs. Do makes a noise.

 

“What did I do?”

 

Mr. Do shoots a glare at the men sharing a drink near the buffet table who keeps on eyeing his wife. “This is why I hate going on gatherings like this.” He mutters under his breath before taking a sip of his wine. Mrs. Do still looks confused.

 

“How wonderful to see you here.”

 

Mr. Do turns and looks at person who said that. With a plastic smile, he tilts his head. “Changmin, I can’t say I share the same sentiments as you.”

 

“Well, I was pertaining to the lovely Jinah, but for you, I share the same sentiments as well.” Mr. Byun smiles at Mrs. Do, a genuine and charming one. Mrs. Do giggles and bows her head slightly. Then his attention shifted at the man. “The thought of you being invited at the gala never crossed my mind.”

 

Before Mr. Do could make a proper comeback, Mrs. Byun enters with a brow slightly raised. “Changmin, we should go greet the royalties. They’re expecting us.” She gave a passing glance at Jinah but her stare lingered a bit at Seungsan. Mr. Byun’s lips twitched into a scowl.

 

“Then we should go.” Mr. Byun quickly holds his wife’s arm, letting the woman hook it on his. “It was nice seeing you.” He smiles at Jinah (ignoring Seungsan) before leaving, almost dragging his wife away from the conversation.

 

Mrs. Do hums and smiles. “Changmin still looked charming as ever.”

 

“Yah.” Mr. Do makes a face.

 

Mrs. Do giggles.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo steps into the balcony and sees Baekhyun leaning against the railing, staring at the view of city lights glowing from afar. With a scowl on his face, he closes the glass doors to envelope them with silence and marches right up to the male.

 

“What do you mean you’re pregnant?”

 

“It’s like what I said.” Baekhyun a brow. “I’m pregnant with your child.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffs a laugh and looks at him in disbelief. He holds that stare for a moment, waiting for that punchline – a joke, anything. He shakes his head. “That can’t be.” He laughs in disbelief. “Are you even sure that’s my child?”

 

Baekhyun frowns. “What do you take me for? A ?”

 

“Well, aren’t you one?” Kyungsoo gives a mocking grin. “For all I know you’re ing some dead- old married guy behind everyone’s back and when you got pregnant you’re just trying to pin everything on me. Isn’t that what –“

 

A slap.

 

Kyungsoo stills, his head tilted at the impact of the slap given to him. Baekhyun is shaking and his eyes red, brimmed with tears. “How dare you.”

 

“I don’t care what happens anymore.” Kyungsoo grits his teeth after collecting his composure. “Do whatever you want because I sure you that thing inside of you is not mine. Now leave me alone and don’t talk to me.”

 

With one last glare, Kyungsoo turns his heel and walks away. And just when he opens the balcony door, he’s surprised at the sudden ruckus going on outside. His head snaps at the staircase, his eyes went wide.

 

It was Minseok and the Chinese Prince.

 

And they’re holding hands.

 

 

 

 

 

“This is an outrage!” Kim Deokhwa bursts out screaming in the grand living room of the Do’s. His eldest son, Kim Minseok ran off together with Lu Han to somewhere and disappeared leaving their family in chaos. The media is always running off to chase them nowadays. Kyungsoo feels sick.

 

It’s been three days since the gala.

 

The scandal is still hot and raging.

 

Jongdae looks down and folds his arms against his chest. His husband, Junmyeon excuses himself when their daughter Soo-ah started to cry and wail. With a smile, Jongdae lets him.

 

“The Oh’s are retracting their business deal. Stocks are falling fast.” Mrs. Do said to her older brother. “What do we do now, oppa? If this continuous on, the company isn’t going to last. The Oh’s is one of our major partners after all.”

 

“Oh, god.” Mr. Kim drags a hand down his face. “This can’t be good.”

 

“If we don’t comply, they’re filing a lawsuit.” Mr. Do mutters. “This… is too big of a case to handle. I won’t say that we’ll lose, but this is going to be messy. First and foremost, we need something to stop this madness.”

 

“But how? This is humiliation to them.” Mr. Kim groans and paces back and forth.

 

Jongdae bows his head in apology. “I’m sorry, father. I should have been with hyung. I should have watched over him to prevent this from happening.”

 

“Stand up, boy.” Mr. Kim mutters. “Apologizing won’t undo everything.”

 

Jongdae clamped his eyes shut and looks down.

 

With the scandal suddenly falling on their backs, the company is affected greatly. Kyungsoo’s job as a general manager in their company is getting harder and stressful. Not only that, the thought of Baekhyun carrying his child is also adding to the list of burdens he’s currently facing. Kyungsoo shakes his head and sighs.

 

Everything is so ed up.

 

 

 

 

 

That thing inside of you is not mine.

 

You disgust me.

 

It’s always what he hears. Sure he’s heard of this a lot from Baekbeom, but somehow that didn’t affect him greatly the way Kyungsoo said it. Baekhyun downs another shot of vodka and slams his hand on the counter startling a servant tending the bar.

 

“S-Sir?” He leans down.

 

Without answering, Baekhyun drags himself away from the open bar and trudges back inside the house.

 

He can’t believe he’s pregnant. He’s pregnant with Kyungsoo’s child. And the bastard won’t even believe him because apparently he’s a .

 

It was only one time and he didn’t know that that guy was already married. Baekhyun had been in love once at the Chief Surgeon of the hospital. It was like he’s in cloud nine. Loving someone despite the guy being 8 years older than him. However, he didn’t know that the man was already married and has three children not until the wife of said man took legal charges and filed a lawsuit.

 

Baekhyun was floored. How could he fall for those sweet deceptive words?

 

Because of his mother, he managed to get out of that mess but the way his mother had seen him changed. Baekhyun is humiliated and angered at himself for even doing that.

 

Ever since then, he’s been branded a – a disgrace to the family. He needs to show them that he can do better. That he can redeem himself by making it big in the medical career. However…

 

This baby is in the way of everything.

 

Baekhyun clamps his eyes shut as hot and angry tears fall.

 

He pulls out his phone and types out an email.

 

I’m sorry. He thinks as he holds his stomach. I’m so sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

Day four since the scandal.

 

Jongdae lies lazily on the couch as he watches his husband spoon-feed their daughter when a sudden call blares through his phone. Junmyeon is looking at him now in worry, thinking that this is another emergency meeting call. Jongdae holds a hand to ease his worry and answers. “Hello?”

 

Then his expression drops.

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

 

A punch on the face was enough for Kyungsoo to stumble back.

 

“You are an embarrassment to this family.” Mr. Do spits out in rage. “How could you keep something like this to us?! What is going in you thick stupid head?!” He grabs his collar once again and threw another punch.

 

“Seungsan! Stop it!” Mrs. Do grabs his arms to refrain from hitting their son but her husband is too strong for her control. Especially when he’s acting out of pure rage. s

 

“If the media finds out about this… it will destroy us completely.” Mr. Do scowls. “The Minseok-Luhan issue is still raging outside. What if people find out about this message? Not only the business but the family will be affected as well. Our relatives working at the government is in danger for keeping this reckless information, Kyungsoo!”

 

“I-I’m sorry, father.” Kyungsoo stutters. “I’m sorry.”

 

“You should be!” Mr. Do kicks him making him lie on the floor.

 

“Seungsan, stop!” Mrs. Do pulls him back completely before kneeling on the ground to her son’s side. “Stop it, please.”

 

“You…” Mr. Do pants heavily and puts his hands on his hips. “Are you really going to let that boy abort your child, you piece of . I didn’t raise you to be this way!” He shouts.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo struggles to sit upright and lowers to kneel in apology. “I’m s-sorry, father. It won’t happen again.”

 

Mr. Do sighs. “Jinhee, get dressed. We’re holding an emergency meeting with the Byun’s.”

 

“Later.” Mrs. Do said without looking at him and instead nurses his son’s head. Kyungsoo feels small all of the sudden, all wrapped around his mother’s embrace. Mr. Do glares at him before leaving the room. Just as he leaves, Jongdae enters but not before bowing his head in greeting at his Uncle. When he sees what’s inside, Jongdae gasps.

 

“What the…”

 

Mrs. Do could only give him a sad smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?” Byun Sunhee scoffs a laugh upon hearing the news. She looks at her husband who has a frown marred on his face. Do Seungsan doesn’t look like he’s joking and his wife, Jinhee, looks more worried than aggressive at the news. “This is preposterous! My son doesn’t associate with beings like yours.”

 

“But he’s pregnant with Kyungsoo’s child.” Jinhee said. “Won’t we settle our differences just for them?”

 

“But didn’t he already abort the child?” Sunhee frowns. “That must mean the problem is gone!”

 

“Sunhee!” Changmin hisses. He sighs and looks at the couple in front of him. “Are you sure this isn’t just some ploy to cover up the mess your nephew did?”

 

“Believe me, this isn’t what we expected either.”

 

“I still call the shots on whether we would agree or not.” Sunhee mocks a smile. “Don’t get ahead of yourself, Jinah.”

 

“I’ll talk to the Chairman for you.” Changmin smiles at her. “We’ll send an e-mail regarding the details of the announcement of their engagement.” Jinah bows her head in gratefulness. Do Seungsan merely nods and looks away, still not in terms that they’d seek help from the Byun’s.

 

“Changmin,” Sunhee is angered at her husband’s decision. “What the hell were you thinking? For all we know these bastards are just taking advantage of the situation!” She points at the two. “Can’t you see? All they need is a front!”

 

“Yah.” Seungsan stands up from his seat. “It’s not like we want to do this too, you know! Why can’t you –“

 

“Front or not, we’re doing this for the sake of our son.” Changmin grabs his wife from the shoulders. That seems to shut his wife up. President Byun heaves out a heavy sigh and looks at the Do’s before rolling her eyes.

 

“Fine… You,” She points at Changmin. “We’re going to talk about this at home.”

 

Changmin nods and lets his wife walk away from him.

 

“Oppa.” Jinah reaches out to touch Changmin’s hand. “T-Thank you.”

 

Byun Changmin sighs and follows his wife.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Baekhyun slowly turns and looks at his brother, who’s leaning against the kitchen doorway. “Hyung…” He croaks. Baekbeom pushes himself off and approaches his brother slowly, eyes narrowed suspiciously. Baekhyun suddenly feels small.

 

“J-Just… the store.” Baekhyun answers.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter