Prompt 48

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make a heart wrenching baeksoo story in Baekhyun’s pov (due to popular demand)

Word Count: 1620

 

Baekhyun knows that an image of a person is fragile.

 

It was a Sunday evening when they came home and he sees his big brother lying on the couch smiling and kissing another man straddling on top of him. They caught them by surprise with the two immediately smoothening their clothes and standing up in embarrassment. That’s when his big brother opens his mouth and says to them.

 

“This is Seungsoo,” Said man bows his head in greeting. “My boyfriend.”

 

That’s when hell breaks loose.

 

He watches his father threw his brother’s things in front of him – clothes, bags, all pushing them towards his sobbing brother. “Go!” His father threw a fit of rage. “Leave this house!” Their mother covers his face with his hands and looks away, shielding Baekhyun from the scene.

 

“A-Appa…”

 

“My only son is Baekhyun.” His father scowls. “I have no son like you.”

 

Baekhyun is scared.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, god.” Kyungsoo fans himself with a notebook. “It’s so hot in here.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles and sits next to his best friend on the living room carpet. It’s a Friday night and both of their parents are out for dinner as friends. Middle school is having a long weekend because it’s a holiday on Monday and Tuesday is for High school’s mock exam. It’s the reason why they’re here in Baekhyun’s place to celebrate.

 

“The weather reporter says its 40 degrees.” Baekhyun said.

 

“But it feels 50 why?” Kyungsoo complains.

 

Baekhyun raised a brow. “Shall I get an ice –“

 

His eyes went wide when Kyungsoo pulls his shirt off and leans his back on the couch behind them. Slowly, his chest heaves up and down as he breathes through his mouth while fanning himself rapidly in an attempt to cool himself. His friend isn’t that muscular. Lanky and awkward limbs and a stomach that slightly big because of dinner but Baekhyun can’t keep his eyes away. He gulps hard.

 

Suddenly it feels too hot in here.

 

“Yeah, I think you should.” Kyungsoo looks at him with a smile.

 

Baekhyun quickly got up and leaves the room, a hand on his chest.

 

Baekhyun is frightened.

 

 

 

 

 

It was the night before they graduated middle school when Kyungsoo asked him this question. “Are you still mad at Baekbom-hyung?” He looks at his friend. “You know it’s not his fault he left like that.” Then he added in a whisper.

 

“I’m not… mad.” Baekhyun said and it’s true. “I was never mad like Mom and Dad. And I know that he’s in good hands.” He grins. “He has your big brother after all so I know they’ll be fine. Seungsoo-hyung, is a great guy.”

 

Kyungsoo looks down and laughs.

 

“Hey, Baek.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What if…” He looks at him. “What if this happened in your case? What if I told I was gay, would you hurt me like your father did to your brother?”

 

Baekhyun furrows his brows. “N-No. Why would I? You’re my best friend.” Then he forced a laugh. “And as if you’re even gay. I mean, you’re as straight as a ruler, Kyungsoo.” He gives him a slap on the back and says it over and over almost as if it sounded like he’s convincing himself that Kyungsoo’s straight. “That would be impossible.”

 

He failed to notice Kyungsoo’s unreadable expression.

 

“Yeah, Baek.” Kyungsoo eventually smiles then joins the laughter.

 

That night, Kyungsoo lies beside Baekhyun on his bed and he catches himself admiring the younger’s sleeping form.

 

Baekhyun is terrified.

 

 

 

 

 

The inevitable happened.

 

The moment Kyungsoo confessed, Baekhyun doesn’t know what to feel. He’s happy. His heart is racing in joy and palms sweating. He clenches and unclenches his fist because he wanted to hold him in his arms. But he remembers what happened to Baekbom. He remembers his parents throwing him out. His head was filled with his father and mother wanting to find a suitable girl for Baekhyun because they want him to marry so that they can give them grandkids.

 

He has to choose now.

 

Family or Love.

 

The decision was made when Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo with a heated glare.

 

“I’m normal. I’m normal. I’m normal.” Baekhyun chants in his head while he lies on the bed.

 

The look of desperation on Kyungsoo haunts him in his sleep.

 

Baekhyun didn’t sleep that night.

 

 

 

 

 <

Please log in to read the full chapter