Prompt 80

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: One word – hanahaki (prompt 25 and 31 revival)

Note: because a friend of mine recently read the two prompts and wanted an alternate ending. Enjoy.

Word Count: 1370

 

The last thing he remember was passing out in Kyungsoo’s bed room.

 

Baekhyun groggily drags a hand down his face and is surprised to find himself sitting on his swivel chair in his office cubicle. He can hear keyboard clack repeatedly and sounds of soft murmuring from the people around him. Baekhyun rubs his eyes and looks around. “What the ?” He whispers in disbelief.

 

He blindly went to the pantry only to see the intern, Lee Seokmin, in the middle of making coffee probably for the supervisor he’s working under. Seeing as he’s the only one who isn’t going to judge for being crazy, Baekhyun approached the intern and shakes his shoulder, startling the younger.

 

“B-Baekhyun-sshi!”

 

“Seokmin.” He pants heavily and shakes him again. “Tell me what the date today is.”

 

Seokmin blinks rapidly, in the midst of freaking out. “U-Uhm… June 7, 2016.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

 

A week before Kyungsoo’s death.

 

Baekhyun’s breath hitched. “Thank you.” He gives the young, confused intern a pat on his back before running.

 

There’s a questioning gaze given to him as he packs his things in his office and sprints out of the company building in a rush but Baekhyun doesn’t give a damn. Not now, not ever…

 

His best friend is dying a week from now and he’s going to prevent it.

 

 

 

 

 

When he arrived in front of Kyungsoo’s house, knocking frantically even if there’s a doorbell. “Kyungsoo!” He shouts. “Kyungsoo, are you there? Kyungsoo, open the door, please!” A wave of panic bursts through him after 10 minutes of Kyungsoo not opening the door but when he did, Baekhyun’s heart ached.

 

Kyungsoo is clearly not all right.

 

He lost a lot of weight, his arms looking skinnier than he last saw him which was his visit at his place. He has sunken eyes and dry lips but he smiles anyway at Baekhyun. He hates himself for not seeing this – for not noticing the small details that changed his friend. He was too blinded by his own selfishness to even care.

 

He’s ashamed that throughout the years, Kyungsoo cared for him every day while he….

 

“Baekhyun, I – what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo grins looking laidback as possible. “Do you want to talk about something?”

 

Baekhyun clenches his fists.

 

He remembered when Kyungsoo confessed to him. How the younger poured out his everything in that confession but he shot him down, even refused to answer Kyungsoo’s desperate calls of apologies because he was mad. He was mad at Kyungsoo for ruining their friendship over a stupid confession.

 

“Are you… are you nervous? Is that what it is?” Kyungsoo raised a brow and softly chuckles. “Baekhyun, your wedding is close, I understand, but you don’t need to worry.” His voice is warm and it’s soothing and convincing. “Everything’s going to be fine.”

 

Baekhyun still doesn’t answer, afraid his voice might crack in the middle of it.

 

He remembers when Kyungsoo came in front of his doorstep saying out loud that he finally did it. He’s finally cure. No more feelings and no more problems. Baekhyun had been overjoyed then and acted like it was the best news ever not knowing that in those 2 hours of visit and talks with Chanyeol, Kyungsoo had been suffering. Kyungsoo had been fighting hard not to let his pain show.

 

“Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo furrows his brows in confusion. “What’s –“

 

“I love you.”

 

It was like a bomb dropped in front of them.

Please log in to read the full chapter