Prompt 73 - e

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where Baekhyun is blind and Kyungsoo is too nice for his own good. 

Word Count: 3697

 

How do you tell someone you love when it’s time to walk away?

 

The one who started it all was this tall chubby cheeked kid who keeps on following him like a freaky stalker everywhere he goes. He keeps on calling Baekhyun his idol after watching the school festival where he performed on stage while playing the piano. Baekhyun had been mortified at the teases he got from his classmates then. The kid’s in middle school, what the hell?

 

It was expected for them to formally meet when Baekhyun’s at his senior year in high school, the kid just started his freshmen year in the same school he’s in. Baekhyun tries to hide his grimace at the teases he got from his peers but the kid was really persistent.

 

The kid’s name was Oh Sehun.

 

Baekhyun, in all honesty, is gay. Openly and proudly gay and he keeps telling people that his ideal type of men is a whole lot older than him. It doesn’t make sense how he would end up with someone as young as Oh Sehun. But it seems like the fate had been playing with him because somewhere along smiles and praises and gentle words and actions, Baekhyun finds himself falling for the kid… hard.

 

And so they started dating when Sehun turned 18 and Baekhyun is a 21 year old college student.

 

Baekhyun isn’t a stranger to . Hell, he’s been having with a lot of men (some were closeted college seniors from a fraternity) so he finds it silly how he would feel so nervous during Sehun and his first time. Maybe it’s the way Sehun looks like the epitome of innocence and purity and Baekhyun slightly feels bad that tonight, he’s going to take it away from him. The aftermath is worth it – messy and quick but worth it.

 

Opportunities rained down on both of them like a storm.

 

Sehun started taking up Accountancy and Baekhyun in the middle of his last semester in college, got an offer to study at some prestigious music school in Seoul. The first two years were spent in long distance, but when Sehun entered passed the final mark on his senior year, Baekhyun surprised him by asking if he wants to move in with him. Around that time, Baekhyun is finishing music school and is seriously contemplating which path he will take - orchestra or an assistant to a composer to hit musicals.

 

He chose both. Baekhyun has always been greedy.

 

“I passed the board.” Sehun takes off his glasses and jumps off his seat, turning to face Baekhyun who’s mirroring the same expression as him. “Oh my god, I passed the board exams! I’m a licensed accountant! , yes!”

 

Baekhyun yells in joy but that drowned out when Sehun kisses him deeply in happiness. “Oh, my god. Sehun, I’m so –“ Sehun quickly pulls away to run towards their shared room, the sound of the drawer opening and slamming close were heard making Baekhyun furrow his brows in confusion. “Sehun?”

 

When Sehun comes out, he’s panting, but he’s smiling so wide and he’s holding something behind his back. The laptop made a noise about it being 10% but it goes ignored when Sehun walks up to him and shakily says his name.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.” He starts. “I’ve been wanting to do this all my life ever since the moment I first saw you.” Baekhyun is still confused until Sehun reveals what he’s holding behind his back making him gasp. His mouth quivers at the sight of the velvet box being opened. “Byun Baekhyun, I –“

 

“Yes.”

 

Sehun paused midway, laughing. “Wait, I haven’t even –“

 

“Yes.” Baekhyun covers his mouth, tears springing at the corner of his eyes. “Oh my, I’m sorry. I just couldn’t stop myself.” He gestures with his fingers for the younger to go on, laughing to himself. “O-Okay, continue.”

 

Sehun chuckles to himself and bends down on one knee, holding the velvet box to him.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

It was the beginning of the end.

 

 

 

 

 

How do you tell someone you love when it’s time to walk away?

 

It’s a question Baekhyun always asks himself whenever he’s around Sehun. When he confirms about the younger’s infidelity and the hurt that caused him in their relationship. Now, it’s a question he asks himself whenever he’s around Kyungsoo.

 

He met Kyungsoo at the lowest point of his life. He’s surrounded by darkness and his body is hitting low temperature. And while dozens of people already walked past him, Kyungsoo stopped and offered him protection. Kyungsoo offered warmth; he offered kindness. Baekhyun took advantage of that and had his way with it.

 

And it’s like he tasted honey for the first time – he got addicted.

 

Last night had been amazing. Baekhyun thinks it’s probably because he’s craving for warmth, for love and affection that Sehun clearly isn’t giving him anymore since he’s got dozens of people doing the things Baekhyun did that isn’t satisfying. And he knows that it’s selfish – hell, it’s so selfish, but he chose to do it anyway. Kyungsoo is warm; his kisses gentle. Baekhyun wants more.

 

Before leaving the bed, Baekhyun takes his wedding ring off and places it on the bedside table, wishing – wanting Kyungsoo to find him.

 

“That night…” Sehun trails, his voice lost the usual sweetness in it and was replaced with a gruff and hard one. Baekhyun steels himself and grips his cane tighter. “Where did you go?”

 

“I was at hyung’s place.” He answers. He can feel Sehun’s stare at him from behind, the judging glare he’s giving him. Baekhyun stands true to his lie and did not continue because words seems to fail him whenever he’s around Sehun – a sole reminder of his failing marriage.

 

Sehun grunts and pinks up his satchel, the keys jingling when he pulls out the keys to the car. “I’m leaving. Don’t wait up.” The door slams close afterwards. Baekhyun lets out the air he didn’t notice he was holding.

 

The daily routine had been like this: waking up, preparing things for Sehun while trying to drown out the mutters and whispers of how useless and slow he’s becoming, bidding Sehun goodbye and then wait for the whole day while he’s out. Sometimes he would clean the house and at times when things get tough, he finds himself reminiscing of all old memories on how life was before the accident.

 

When the silence is disrupted with a knock, Baekhyun moves towards the door slowly with a sigh, thinking that it’s probably the delivery man or the daily mail. He briefly wonders if the doorbell isn’t working anymore. He makes a mental note to leave money aside to fix it.

 

But it was apparently Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun’s heart skipped.

 

He found him.

 

 

 

 

 

How do you tell someone you love when it’s time to walk away?

 

Baekhyun finds it hard to especially when Kyungsoo had him pinned on the bed and their both underneath the covers. Kyungsoo is whispering sweet nothings on his ears while he moves inside him, telling him how beautiful he is and how perfect he is. Baekhyun’s heart swells in every praise that he doesn’t know if he’s finding pleasure in Kyungsoo’s ministrations or at the words he tells him.

 

“O-Oh, god.” Baekhyun’s Adam’s apple bobs when he swallows hard. He bites his lower lip to prevent the incoming moan from getting loud and fists Kyungsoo’s hair as the movement’s speeds up. “F-, yes.”

 

“You’re so good to me, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo’s voice is raw and Baekhyun desperately wants to see the look on his face but he’s only met with darkness and the feeling of hot breath fanning his cheek. “You feel so good.”

 

And Baekhyun couldn’t. He just can’t, not when he doesn’t want to walk away.

 

He cups Kyungsoo’s face and gently traces every feature there is, marveling at how soft his face is. Years of practice had Baekhyun mastering the art of pretending, but at this moment, the real him is showing.

 

“Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?”

 

It’s scary how truthful he sounds. It’s even scarier how intense his feelings are to a person he just knew for a short period of time. It’s scary how easily he fits in Kyungsoo’s life as if it’s his rightful place, like the position is fated to be filled by him. Baekhyun couldn’t deny the desperation, the willingness of wanting to see again even if it’s just a minute. He wants to see Kyungsoo. He wants to so bad that it’s borderline terrifying.

 

“You weren’t here when I came back.”

 

Baekhyun stops stirring on his coffee when he hears his husband’s voice behind him.

 

“In fact, you haven’t been home much lately.”

 

The air around them got tense, heavier than the usual and there was once a time then that Baekhyun is scared of Sehun when it gets to this. Now, he finds himself uncaring. Baekhyun doesn’t answer and continues stirring, making those tinkling sounds whenever the teaspoon would hit the cup. He hears Sehun heave out a frustrated sigh.

Please log in to read the full chapter