Prompt 58 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: a D.I.D baeksoo fic

Word Count:4318

 

Okay, so maybe Baekhyun wasn’t at the right mind then.

 

D.O wipes his face with a towel in the confinement of his office room. Baekhyun looks at him in fear – like a puppy begging for mercy and forgiveness because what the hell. What was he really thinking when he did that stunt? Sure, he was acting because of rage then but damn didn’t he even thought of what’s going to happen to his job?

 

“S-Sir,” Baekhyun trails. “I am really sorry –“ 

 

“Well, you should be.” D.O snaps. He tosses the towel and smooths his dress shirt, a new one that he had put on a while ago before Baekhyun entered. D.O smelled like lemons, too. Wait, so is there really a shower here in this building? Going back, Baekhyun’s scared, yes, but there’s a part of him that is quite happy of what he had done. “If you think you are going to get away with –“

 

“I’m really sorry but I do not regret what I did earlier.” Inner Baekhyun slaps him on the face but Baekhyun chose to stand firm. “What you are doing, or rather, planning on doing is horrible. I am completely against it.”

 

“Well, who asked your opinion?” D.O narrows his eyes. “As far as I know you’re only a mere employee in this company. Right… uh – Mr. Byun Baekhyun? The one in charge of death claims? Yeah, I know you. A pity because your record is good. Too bad, you won’t stay long here.” He deadpans.

 

“I don’t care if you fire me.” Baekhyun frowns.

 

D.O smirks upon hearing this. “Oh, but you should care. If you think any company will hire you after this, then you’re dead wrong, Mr. Byun.” He takes a few steps forward until he’s in front of him. “Because after this, I am going to make sure that you are jobless.” Baekhyun snaps his head up to look at him, eyes wide in shock. “I told you… never to cross me.”

 

D.O flashes him a taunting grin. “You should have listened.”

 

Baekhyun clenches his fists.

 

 

 

 

 

“I ing want to rip his balls off and stuff it in his mouth! !” Baekhyun grips the hair on both sides of his head and shouts with all of his might. He standing near the pond, releasing all of his pent up anger and frustrations scaring ducks that comes at his way.

 

“You might get bald if you keep on doing that.” Kyungsoo tilts his head and chuckles.

 

“Your brother is an . A jerk. A heartless douchebag who can’t even think about other people,” Baekhyun grits teeth and clenches his fists. “Who does he think he is? What’s he trying to prove by transforming this park into a ing shopping mall? Isn’t having an insurance company enough?!”

 

“He’s what?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide when he’s forced to turn around facing Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is looking at him with those fierce and serious eyes and his hands are freaking touching his shoulders that his heart gave another graceful leap like those ballerinas with pink tutus. Horrible and cliché, but dammit… you get the point. Baekhyun can only blink rapidly as he tries to swim back to reality.

 

“H-He’s planning on turning this place into a shopping mall once the owner agreed to sell this place to him.” Baekhyun said. “And I think, they’re using his son to persuade the owner.”

 

Kyungsoo releases his hold and drags a hand down on his face. “ing hell.” He looks up and then releases a long and heavy sigh. “D.O, that bastard. He’s doing this to spite me.” He grumbles. “Is this why he’s resorting to this? Is he really that desperate to get me to leave?”

 

Baekhyun furrowed his brows in confusion. Leave? Is this some kind of family heir business thingy where two brother fight for the position? Ugh, this is the reason why he’s so thankful to have normal parents. Having a rich family is stressful. Money, money, money, it’s always the green ones. The green ones are evil. Green things the life out of you. For example, that weird green villain from Dragonball Z.

 

“Isn’t it enough that Dad favors him more than me?” Kyungsoo mumbles to himself. Baekhyun snaps back to reality and looks at the younger male in worry. “Or is he still blaming me from that?”

 

Baekhyun reaches a hand out to him. “Kyungsoo…”

 

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo flashes him a weak smile. He takes his hand and holds it. Baekhyun blushes. “I’m sorry, I got you fired.”

 

“Ah, no…” Baekhyun shakes his head furiously. “I got fired because of my irrational behavior.”

 

“No, he was about to fire you sooner or later. He’s just finding a reason to get you fired.” Kyungsoo pulls away and takes a walk. Baekhyun trails behind. “He actually hates you, you know that. And I’m the reason he hates you.”

 

Baekhyun shrugs. “Is it because we’re friends?”

 

“It’s because you’re special to me.”

 

Baekhyun stills.

 

Special? He’s special to Kyungsoo? That – that must mean something, right? Him, being Kyungsoo’s special person. His heart began to beat wildly again – palpitating even that his heartbeat rate can be compared to a guy who drank five cups of coffee in one sitting. When he sees Kyungsoo beginning to get far, he immediately catches up to him.

 

“I-I’m special to y-you?” He stutters.

 

Kyungsoo stops walking and cranes his head to look at him. He smiles. “You’ve always been special to me, Baek.”

 

Calm down, heart.

 

“And it’s because you’re special that he’s trying to make you leave me.”

 

“I won’t leave you!” Baekhyun exclaims. It’s firm and final just like his decision. “I would never!”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. Then he chuckles softly. “You never fail to amaze me, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun blushes and grins.

 

But then that grin faded when he found out he accidentally brought the bathroom key instead of his apartment key and damn, he just embarrassed himself in front of his crush. So epic, Byun. How can you get inside? Jongdae’s out of the question because he’s working the night shift. Baekhyun stood awkwardly in front of his apartment and then gives Kyungsoo a sheepish grin. Kyungsoo laughs.

 

 

 

 

 

After that, Baekhyun finds himself being dragged by Kyungsoo towards his car. He’s jobless, almost leading to bankruptcy and is supposed to be feeling lost in life but no, he’s happy. Happy because he’s sitting at the passenger seat of his crush’s car and they’re about to go to his place.

 

Kyungsoo’s place is huge. Well, the house only reaches up to the second floor just like any ordinary houses in the suburbs that they passed by earlier. But what he meant was, like the whole land is huge. It’s like a garden or rather a grassy place filled with flowers and sceneries almost as if it’s a park. And there in the middle of it all is Kyungsoo’s house. The first floor’s walls is made out of glass windows. The curtains are hidden at the top – Baekhyun thinks that it’s probably remote controlled.

 

“Err… mi casa es tucasa?” Kyungsoo giggles when Baekhyun continues to gawk at the sight. “You can stay here as much as you like, Baek. Not to worry.” Kyungsoo disappears at an open door upon entering. Baekhyun follows. ing, hell… even the kitchen is gawk worthy.

 

“Water?” Baekhyun nods in thanks after accepting the glass. “After my Dad banished me from home, I decided to pursue my passion, which is being a writer. It was tough but very worth it.” Baekhyun nearly chokes at the word banished. “I’ve always preferred being isolated so I decided to buy this after the owner decided to sell this land.”

 

When Baekhyun remains unmoving, Kyungsoo reaches over to give his cheek a light pinch. Baekhyun yelps. “Please make yourself comfortable.” He walks out of the kitchen. Baekhyun finishes his drink before following him.

 

The second floor is an open space. A queen-sized bed at the corner, a table with a closed laptop, two dressers, one big closet, two lamps, and a big velvet rag that is very smooth on his feet and posters – lots and lots of movie posters.

 

Baekhyun gapes. “So this is where the famous Ben Sanders create his masterpieces.”

 

“Masterpieces is a bit too much…” Kyungsoo gestures to the clean and untouched bed. “Since you’re here, you can use the bed. It’s just for props when I’m home. I find it hard to sleep when I start working on my novel.”

 

Baekhyun frowns. “You don’t sleep?”

 

“I do.” Kyungsoo said. “Just not on the bed. I end up sleeping on my work desk.”

 

“Well you shouldn’t do that.” Baekhyun trails behind him when Kyungsoo cleans his desk of papers and other crumpled stuffs. He helps him pick up the fallen pencils on the floor and hands it to him. “It’s bad for your health. You know, I could sleep on the couch. Just take the bed. I’ll be fine.” He smiles.

 

“Or we can sleep together?” Kyungsoo grins.

 

Baekhyun’s face turned red. “W-W-What?”

 

“Come on! The bed is big, we can roll around as much as we like.” Kyungsoo gasps. “It’s like a sleepover!” He jumps on his bed and pulls Baekhyun down.

 

And yet when he woke up, he’s on the bed. The bed is soft and the sheets are smooth like the whole experience to him can be compared to sleeping at a five-star hotel. Baekhyun rubs his cheek against the soft pillow in between his thighs and wraps his arms around it with a sleepy smile. Then his eyes snapped open. He quickly turns to his side only to be met with disappointment when Kyungsoo isn’t beside him sleeping. In fact, the younger is sleeping with his head’s down on the desk right in front of the laptop. Baekhyun sighs.

 

“Ah, he’s so stubborn.” The look on Kyungsoo’s face is so serene and peaceful despite the uncomfortable position. Baekhyun smiles at this. “It would have been nice to wake up seeing this face.” He whispers.

 

Realizing what he’s doing, he straightens up clears his throat. “O-Okay, time to make breakfast.” With a red face, he quickly ran downstairs.

 

What was he doing, really?

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo slowly opens his eyes and groans at the pain on his neck. He slowly works out the kinks in his body, eyes clamped shut and stretches his limbs. He blinks twice and looks around the messy room, taking note about cleaning his room later this morning before he rests his head back down on the table and dozing back to sleep. He snaps his eyes open.

 

Wait, this isn’t his room.

 

Kyungsoo – or rather, D.O. sits up and quickly looks at the calendar of the laptop. Sunday. , it’s still Sunday. What is he doing here? He’s not supposed to be here. How come he’s here already?

 

“Oh, hey. You’re awake.”

 

D.O turns to the direction of the voice and gapes. “Byun?”

 

Baekhyun raised his brows and smiles. “Good morning to you too, Do.” He playfully said and approaches him. “Hey, come on. I made breakfast downstairs.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter