Prompt 5

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Baekhyun is the son of the pack’s alpha, born a beta he has to find an alpha to mate with on the full moon, to ensure the pack’s strength.

Word Count: 1416

 

Byun Baekhyun is supposed to be the pride of the pack. He’s the son, after all. His father’s favorite and his mother’s precious baby boy. The two of them, his older brother and him, were trained by his father to be future leaders of the pack. Both smart and diligent, Baekbom and Baekhyun were in tip top shape. Betas and Omegas swoon to their presence and everybody respects them.

 

But the pressure on Baekhyun went double when they found out that Baekbom turned out to be a beta.

 

“It’s okay, we still have Baekhyun.” His father, the alpha, said.

 

And all hope was lost when Baekhyun turned out to be one himself, too.

 

“Oh, god… this is bad.” His father has his fingers carded on his hair, running it furiously over and over as he paces back and forth. His wife has an arm wrapped around Baekhyun’s shoulder in comfort. After all, Baekhyun too also feels disappointment in himself. “We need to keep our bloodline running. This pack will be taken over by another if we do not keep the lineage going. We’re under serious threat.”

 

“I-I’m sorry, father.” Baekhyun bows his head. “If you want me to be reduced as one of the pack’s men, then it’s fine by me. You and mother will just have to –“

 

The alpha, shakes his head and looks at his wife, an omega. “Let me tell you one thing about this family, Baekhyun. The difference about the other packs between us is that family is always the first priority than obligations. You heard about it, right?”

 

Baekhyun nods. The story behind their pack is a legend. The lineage came from his mother’s, her being the supposed next leader along with her mate, his father, another alpha. But then, his mother turned out to be an omega. His grandfather, then former alpha, wanted to banish her because of disappointment. But his father disapproved of that so he said that if she will be banished from the pack, then so is he.

 

And so his father and mother formed a pack of their own along with the other pack members who are willing to join them. Other wolves heard of them and how they run their pack joined until they became a big one. His father changed their surname to Byun and everything is history.

 

“We will find a way.” The alpha said.

 

And so they decided for Baekhyun to get together with an alpha in their pack. His father and mother listed all of the possible alphas that Baekhyun can mate. (Since Baekbom was already mated with another beta) But Baekhyun doesn’t want any of them.

 

Not when he’s already got an eye on another.

 

It happened during his run. He was exhausted after running for how many hours so he took a rest at one of the rivers near the boundaries. That’s when he saw him.

 

Bathe in the moonlight in the middle of the river was a gorgeous man standing, looking up as he admires how beautiful the moon is. Baekhyun gulps hard and stiffens when the strong gust of wind hits him.

 

, he’s an alpha.

 

Baekhyun watches as the alpha dips himself once again and resurfaces, taking a deep breath and exhaling heavily through his mouth. And after he lifts his arms and stretches, he cranes his neck and looks at his general direction. “What are you staring at?”

 

Baekhyun’s throat suddenly went dry. “I – uh… err…”

 

“Hmm…” The alpha furrows

Please log in to read the full chapter