Prompt 70

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: blind date! au

Word Count: 1531

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t know how and why did he finds himself sitting here in a restaurant filled with fancy dinner candle lights and over the top chandeliers that’s sparkling oh so bright. The smell of food wafts deliciously but at the same time, it’s mixed with expensive perfume. Kyungsoo doesn’t picture himself in this kind of place but because of Junmyeon’s meddlesome nature, he ends up waiting here – waiting for this blind date.

 

After his not-so-good break up with Jongin, Kyungsoo had stopped going out altogether and drowned himself with work. Once in a blue moon, he would go out clubbing only to wake up with a massive headache and a bitter taste of regret of even going in there.

 

“Stop wasting your life away. Jongin isn’t the only person out there.” Junmyeon scolded. When Kyungsoo tried to reason out to him, he waves him away in dismissal. “That’s a load of bull.”

 

And so, Kyungsoo waits here… fidgeting, unsure of what to do.

 

What if this guy is a psycho? No, that can’t be. Junmyeon’s choice of friends aren’t that bad – wait. Kyungsoo makes a face upon remembering this guy – Luhan, was it? – who has this weird kink of wanting to put different variety of objects at the same time. It mentally scarred Kyungsoo and he thinks he can’t look at Luhan the same way ever again.

 

Kyungsoo in his lifetime had a number of failed one night stands (there’s one time with a horse whip, but that’s a story for another time.) though, there’s this one guy that managed to re-awaken the pleasure and thrill-seeking fire in his body.

 

He remembers like it was just yesterday, his hands on his hips and his face buried against ashen blonde locks, Kyungsoo s him like his life depended on it, loving the way he moans against his ears and holds him like he doesn’t want to let go. It happened in the alleyway, but for him, it was the best one night –

 

“Hi, I’m late. Sorry. Got stuck in traffic.” A soft laugh followed by the chair scrapping against the floor.

 

Kyungsoo froze.

 

The man smiles, running his fingers through his now raven locks. “I’m Byun Baekhyun and you are?”

 

Kyungsoo shakily points a finger at him. “You!”

 

The man, Baekhyun, blinks twice in confusion. He points at himself. “Yes, I am Byun Baekhyun. And your name is…?”

 

Baekhyun looks really confused, it’s almost comical. But in a state of panic, Kyungsoo doesn’t notice this. “You’re that guy I had with at the back alley two weeks ago.”

 

“Oh.” Baekhyun slowly nods. Then he blinks. “Which one?”

 

“You were that guy who came on to me and – wait, what do you mean which one?”

 

Baekhyun clears his throat and laughs, eyes crinkling as he does. “Ah, I’m just kidding. Of course, it’s only you.” Kyungsoo isn’t convinced. “Anyways, have you ordered yet?”

 

There was a long silence that followed after the waiter took their orders. Contradicting his behavior, Baekhyun looks so calm and collected despite the awkwardness – or maybe Kyungsoo’s the only one feeling awkward at everything that’s happening. He looks laid back like nothing can faze him that he’s willing to bet if Kyungsoo told him he’s pregnant, he won’t be surprised.

 

(Not that can he can get pregnant, anyways.)

 

“So you’re Junmyeon-hyung’s friend, right?” Baekhyun smiles at him before looking down on his steak, cutting it thoroughly. “How did you two meet?”

 

“Oh, he’s uh… a friend at college.” Kyungsoo answers, albeit shakily. He clears his throat. “He’s a friend of a friend – my roommate’s boyfriend. What about you?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter