Prompt 50 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baeksoo deals with love even though they’re already married to different partners.

Word Count: 2988

 

Kyungsoo deals with this every morning. The moment he wakes up, he sees himself lying on the bed alone. He can smell breakfast cooking downstairs. He takes a deep sniff and stretches, grabbing his phone in the process on the end table and grins when he sees two messages pop out: One from his parents and one from his son.

 

Dad, I’ve got an A+ at the report you helped me in Biology. You’re the best <3

 

Kyungsoo chuckles softly and types a reply.

 

Text me when your break is, I’ll call you later.

 

Then he jumps off the bed and proceeded to clean himself up. Now wearing a clean tee and a shorts, he descended the stairs and greets the man fixing the table with a smile. “Good morning.”

 

Joonmyeon looks up and smiles. “Good morning, darling.”

 

Kim Joonmyeon, his husband for nine years, still looked beautiful as the day he first met him. Joonmyeon was an avid art fan and Kyungsoo at that moment was one of the sponsors of his friend’s. They got to meet through that friend and they instantly clicked. After dating for 3 years, they tied the knot and decided to adopt a kid that’s currently staying at Kyungsoo’s parents’ house. Joonmyeon is a lovable and caring and Kyungsoo feels lucky to manage to capture the older male’s heart against his other suitors.

 

“Has Jongin called?” Kyungsoo said after taking a seat on his usual spot. Joonmyeon gives his shoulder a fleeting touch as he passed by him. He went to the kitchen momentarily to get the plate of sausage and then enters the dining room again.

 

“No, he hasn’t. I heard he’s getting busy with school. Your mom told me there’s a chance he might get in a scholarship afterwards to some elite High School.”

 

“Ah,” Kyungsoo grins, feeling proud. “I’m so excited. He’s coming back next week right?”

 

Joonmyeon stiffens at this. Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to notice because he’s smiling at his husband, that endearing smile face relaxed and grin so wide it almost reaches his ears. Joonmyeon slowly flashes a smile of his own and nods. “Yeah. Has he been… contacting you, by chance?”

 

Kyungsoo nods. “What do you mean? Of course, every day. Why? Isn’t he talking to you?”

 

Joonmyeon looks troubled. “O-Of course, why wouldn’t he?”

 

Too caught up to his excitement to even notice his husband’s sudden discomfort of the topic, Kyungsoo beams and looks at his phone with a bright smile on his face. Jongin just texted him about what time his break was and that he’s going to wait for his call. Kyungsoo chuckles and takes huge sips of his coffee. “I’m so happy for our Jonginnie. I’ve got the whole weekend planned for us. Aren’t you excited, darling?”

 

Joonmyeon nods and sips on his drink.

 

 

 

 

 

Joonmyeon clenches his fists on the sink. He stares in a daze at the water imagining Jongin coming back, imagining how Kyungsoo’s usual smile changes into an even brighter one when he sees his son. He hates that brat. He hates that brat to the core. Joonmyeon clenches his fists, his expression dark. Upon learning that Jongin is actually the son of Kyungsoo’s first love who died in an accident, he suddenly resented him. Because that first love is the reason why he didn’t get to date Kyungsoo first. Joonmyeon was only the second choice.

 

Joonmyeon met Kyungsoo when he was still in college and he so wanted to talk to the younger male if it wasn’t for the fact that Kyungsoo was deeply and madly in love with that senior Kim Minseok. For years, he grew hatred and anger until it comes to the point of obsession.

 

He thinks it was his chance when Minseok screwed up and got a girl pregnant. But no, Kyungsoo didn’t leave him. Instead, he vowed to treat the kid as his. Their love grew stronger despite that ed up mistake and Joonmyeon was this close to insanity.

 

That was until Kim Minseok died and his child was put up for adoption.

 

Joonmyeon thought it was a nice set-up to finally enter the younger’s life. And just when things were going smoothly, the kid just had to show up again.

 

Kyungsoo was close to tears. “Jongin? Kim Jongin.” He shakily holds the birth certificate that he took from the caretaker’s hand and looks at the tanned kid running with the others at the backyard of the orphanage. Joonmyeon grew curious and that’s when he saw the name of the father on the paper.

 

Kim Minseok

 

That man is never going to leave their life not with his son still in this house so he pushed the idea of sending Jongin out to a far off school – away from him and Kyungsoo. But even then, it’s not working because most of the time, Kyungsoo’s attention was on his phone talking to his son.

 

Look at me. Joonmyeon mentally shouts. Look at me!

 

“Darling, I’m going to work now.” Kyungsoo said, snapping Joonmyeon back to reality. “Do you want anything when I came home?”

 

Joonmyeon turns around and approaches his husband. Slowly, he wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s neck and gives him a lingering kiss. Kyungsoo closes his eyes and kissed back. “Nothing. I’ll be waiting in the bed for you, though. So no overtime, alright?” Joonmyeon whispers on his ear.

 

Kyungsoo takes a sharp intake of breath and grins. Knowing that Jongin’s coming back next week, Kyungsoo thinks that Joonmyeon wants to spend the most of it while their kid isn’t back yet. Typical of his husband. “Okay,” He grins and gives him last kiss. “Bye.”

 

Joonmyeon lets go and waves. “Bye.”

 

You’re mine. Joonmyeon scowls. Mine.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun deals with this every morning. He wakes up in the morning and sighs in disappointment when he’s left with a cold bed. Looking around, he sits up listens carefully for any sounds coming from downstairs. And as always, there was none. Just when he’s about to leave, the door opens revealing his husband, Kim Jongdae.

 

“Jongdae.” Baekhyun looks at him. “I thought you already left for work.”

 

“I forgot something.” Came the monotone reply. After taking his wristwatch, he left the room without much of a reply nor a goodbye. Baekhyun sighs in dejection and gets up to clean himself up.

 

The moment he got out of the bathroom, he sees his phone vibrating on the end table and that familiar ringtone blaring in the room. He thinks that it’s probably Jongdae telling him to not wait anymore due to overtime, but to his happiness, it was their son.

 

“Appa, guess what? I’m a part of the soccer team and I’ll be playing this year!”

 

Baekhyun gasps and squeals. “Oh my god! I’m so proud of you, baby! My Sehun is gonna be a soccer player! This is so amazing!”

 

“I owe it all to Jongin. He’s the one who convinced coach to let me try out for the team’s starting members.” Sehun chuckles. “He’s a great friend, Appa. You should meet him when you come and visit the dorm.”

 

“It would be an honor to meet this friend of yours.” Baekhyun grins.

 

“So how are you, anyways? Is Dad been doing great to you?”

 

Baekhyun mutes.

 

“Appa.”

 

“He’s fine. We’re fine, baby.” Baekhyun weakly smiles. “Just be happy and have fun there, alright? Don’t hurt yourself. Tell Appa if you’ve got any tournament or games and trust me, I’ll be there, okay?” Sehun hums in affirmation even though he’s not convinced at the first statement his father had said. “Love you, baby.”

 

“Okay.” Sehun said. “Love you too, Appa. Take care.”

 

After the call ended, Baekhyun sighs and sits on the edge of the bed.

 

How can he tell to his son that this marriage is slowly falling apart?

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo takes his route to university with his bike. He smiles and passes by a few students, who greeted him with a big smile and wave in which he waved back. Being a university professor has few pro and cons, but teaching is his passion. Despite rumors circling around him about taking advantage to his students (a rumor that probably came from one of those jealous professors in the faculty) he shrugs it off.

Please log in to read the full chapter